PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If branch sits until wk10, when does he play as #1?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

How many weeks after return in wk 10 is Branch #1

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GoWesleyan

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
If Branch sits until week ten, how long until he plays as 1st string (#1) wr?

I see no reason not to play him. I think he'll need a week to get back to the top of the ladder and ease him into game shape (fast "easing"), but he will be there in short order and BB will play him because it is in the best interest of the team, period.

People talk about this being a "distraction". I don't get why/how that becomes an argument for not playing a talented receiver. How would not playing him make it less of a distraction? Who would get distracted? Surely not the players. Players deal with personnel changes all season long due to injuries, etc.

Last edited:
Try "never"... Think "TY LAW"

Only for another team!
If he comes back after week 10 only on kickoffs,or punts returns in games that are well over.
Maybe as the nose tackle if we lead by 20 + points with 2 minutes to go:D

GoWesleyan said:
I see no reason not to play him. I think he'll need a week to get back to the top of the ladder and ease him into game shape (fast "easing"), but he will be there in short order and BB will play him because it is in the best interest of the team, period.

People talk about this being a "distraction". I don't get why/how that becomes an argument for not playing a talented receiver. How would not playing him make it less of a distraction? Who would get distracted? Surely not the players. Players deal with personnel changes all season long due to injuries, etc.

Your posts makes way to much sense,and although you're right,I'm still to angry about it to think about it that way:p

I voted not gonna play because I don't want to see him on the field as a patriot anymore. But if it would benefit us at that time then BB would probably play him, but the folks at gilette better give some HUGE boos to this brat

GoWesleyan said:
What about suspending Terry Glenn in 2001?

The good news is if he sits until week 10, he'll probably be motivated, and certainly rested, for the stretch run and the playoffs. If he comes, lights it up, helps them win a SB, and leaves as a FA, its fine with me.

Jacky Roberts said:
The good news is if he sits until week 10, he'll probably be motivated, and certainly rested, for the stretch run and the playoffs. If he comes, lights it up, helps them win a SB, and leaves as a FA, its fine with me.

I agree, but don't forget, if it suits the Patriots, he should also be franchised, not as punishment, but if that move is for the best interest of the team.

See, the one thing above all else that can be counted on with BB/SP - they always look at things in the best interest of the football teams success. As hard as that is, it is a main reason for their many successes (along with TB & RS).

GoWesleyan said:
If Branch sits until week ten, how long until he plays as 1st string (#1) wr?

BRANCH IS GONE PLEASE GET OVER IT!!!!!!!!!! He has played his last game as a Patriot. He will be a Seahawk soon enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back