PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Idle thoughts - the "pluses and minuses" edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Texans aren't a very scary team to play in the playoffs. If they get the 2nd seed - they won't since ending with the Eagles and Jags isn't easy by any means - they probably lose in the Divisional round. The Texans offense isn't too scary and should they lose, we'd still have Home Field in the Divisonal
No, because the Pats are the team that would be playing Houston in the divisional round. The two always plays the three as long as the three wins. It’s automatic. The only way they can play this game in Foxborough is if NE earns the bye and is the two seed.

The excuse making for Brady is unsurprisingly getting ramped up. He isn’t the sole reason for the struggles but it’s not just his supporting cast. Brady in the red zone for a large part of this year has been bad. He seems to force it to Gronk or get jittery and throw it away (or try to) or rush his throw and miss an open guy.

Speaking of Brady did you see that pick that went right through that Defenders hands on that screen near the RZ?? Brady looks nervous as hell out there I had no confidence in him leading them to overtime at the end. I hope he plays one more year Tops I cannot imagine Three they need to Start Scouting Future QB's.

Speaking of Brady did you see that pick that went right through that Defenders hands on that screen near the RZ?? Brady looks nervous as hell out there I had no confidence in him leading them to overtime at the end. I hope he plays one more year Tops I cannot imagine Three they need to Start Scouting Future QB's.

You can't be serious.

Where would you rank Brady among the current starting QBs ?

I imagine that "The Linc" is going to be lit for this next game. I like Philly's chances, especially following that upset win against the Rams.
I'll likely go and it may be the only time I root for Philly.... There is NFW I'm wearing Eagles green. I might wear Pats gear and should be safe among the Mensa members.....

I'll likely go and it may be the only time I root for Philly.... There is NFW I'm wearing Eagles green. I might wear Pats gear and should be safe among the Mensa members.....

Get in the seasonal spirit and wear a Santa suit. :)

Burkhead needs to play in the slot. Move him around more. Slot game has always been the key to this offense. Amendola hasn't been replaced, I think Burky can fill a major void right now. Sony take a breather.

Burkhead needs to play in the slot. Move him around more. Slot game has always been the key to this offense. Amendola hasn't been replaced, I think Burky can fill a major void right now. Sony take a breather.

I agree. I'd like to see some more 21 personnel with he and White on the field at the same time. Motion Burkhead out of the backfield and into the slot. He can run a lot of the routes that Amendola used to run. Of course, the OL (particularly the right side) would have to step up in pass pro still. But that would be a good use for him. How long he'd remain healthy for in that role would be anyone's guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes