PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ideal Draft

I think we have to draft a DT or two. I like any of Lawrence, Alexander, slayton and my sleeper is Simmons.

We need another de if flowers leaves and I like Ferguson and his violent hands.

We need another corner if j McCourty leaves. I really like layne, smith from Alabama and Mullen’s from Clemson.

We need another linebacker, even with Sam and Bentley coming back. The only one I like in this draft is walker from Georgia.

As for safety, I only see two that interest me. Hooker from Iowa (calm down kraft, not that type of Hooker), and thornhill from Virginia.

On offense, we need a big back. I like snell and Singletary.

If brown and waddle leave, we will need an ot. I like Hyatt from Clemson.

We definitely need some wide receivers, I like McLaurens of Ohio state and any receiver from ole miss.

At te, I am assuming hockenson goes to Seattle, so we need sternburger.

I think we have to draft a DT or two. I like any of Lawrence, Alexander, slayton and my sleeper is Simmons.

We need another de if flowers leaves and I like Ferguson and his violent hands.

We need another corner if j McCourty leaves. I really like layne, smith from Alabama and Mullen’s from Clemson.

We need another linebacker, even with Sam and Bentley coming back. The only one I like in this draft is walker from Georgia.

As for safety, I only see two that interest me. Hooker from Iowa (calm down kraft, not that type of Hooker), and thornhill from Virginia.

On offense, we need a big back. I like snell and Singletary.

If brown and waddle leave, we will need an ot. I like Hyatt from Clemson.

We definitely need some wide receivers, I like McLaurens of Ohio state and any receiver from ole miss.

At te, I am assuming hockenson goes to Seattle, so we need sternburger.
Would love Lawrence at 32, right now would really only Lawrence, Hockenson, or Daniel Jones at 32 for us

DE is gonna be a mess without Flowers so hope he stays obviously

If J Mac leaves (which I don't see), NE still has Jackson whose up and coming and Dawson who's highly rated along with Jon Jones aside from Gilmore, I think a cheap vet signing is more likely

LB is relatively set with 54, KVN, a resurgence Robert, and JWB coming back...as much as I'd like an athletic LB

S definitely needs some youth, hopefully Obi becomes productive but would really like Johnson from Miami as an understudy for D Mac...Will Harris from BC and Williams from Navy both Day 3 guys I like too

Love Hyatt on Day 3, think he'll have a solid career

At WR I find this class to be weak, AJ Brown is the star to me, some solid producers like Harry and Hollywood Brown too, but Riley Ridley would be a nice fit here...I like Renfrow and Boykin and Sills later too

Hockenson to SEA would be a waste, rumors have him going top 12-15 now however, blocks like a MFer

I agree with you and I'm a big fan of Sternberger.

The WRs I'm really interested in this draft are:

Deebo Samuel
Terry McLaughin
Riley Ridley
KeeSean Johnson
Keelan Doss

They offer great and versatile route running, blocking plus special teams abilities (Samuel/McLaughin).

In an effort to add experience and youth on their rookie contract to our receiver corps, I would also try to see if we could flip draft positions in the later rounds with the 49ers/Titans for Trent Taylor or Taywan Taylor.

I would add Damarkus Lodge to that list of WRs. I think he went under the radar at Ole Miss because of the other receivers there but I think he is a solid player with some upside.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back