PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I Scouted the Patriots Using Steve Belichick’s Book

Status
Not open for further replies.
Super read !

I kept alternating between "Wow, that's great advice!" and, "Wow, I would never make it as a scout for Belichick!" I don't know that I'd have the staying power or attention to detail to meticulously transcribe a game like that, although it's incredible to read about the process.

Way nice.

I kept alternating between "Wow, that's great advice!" and, "Wow, I would never make it as a scout for Belichick!" I don't know that I'd have the staying power or attention to detail to meticulously transcribe a game like that, although it's incredible to read about the process.
I was worried he is giving info away to the jags !!!

Very nice read. That partially explains some of the root of BB's incredible attention to detail, which might be unmatched in NFL history.

One of the best reads on the Patriots' Way. As they say, "Highly Recommended!"

And when Bill went to prep school in Andover {?},he met Ernie Adams, who had actually read Steve’s book in 1970, understood it and asked loads of questions about it.
Yea he did his Sr year at Phillips Andover

BTW think of what this guy wrote and what Steve's son knows after absorbing this stuff for close to 60 years. How he Ernie Adams apply this information with the tools at their disposal.

Then think of the players working for inferior organizations, who wonder if the Patriots are cheating because 'they seemed to know what play we were going to run'.

BTW reflect on the real genius of BB who takes this vast amount of information and simplifies so the players understand what 3 or 4 things will be a key to winning a game. OF course why the Patriots favor 'smart' players who can absorb a lot of information each week and not just physically gifted players who aren't espically bright.

Just sayin.

It’s things like this that quickly remind us average fans why’d we’d never make it as a coach.

Most of these guys have forgotten more than we’ll ever know.

Well maybe except Tomlin LMAO

I was worried he is giving info away to the jags !!!
There were a couple of tidbits in there that made me consider the same thing. No doubt.

I read this earlier today...its an awesome read.

And when Bill went to prep school in Andover {?},he met Ernie Adams, who had actually read Steve’s book in 1970, understood it and asked loads of questions about it.
So for 48 years two extremely intelligent, passionate and disciplined thinkers have worked together to distill and improve upon and apply Steve Belichick's masterpiece. No wonder the rest of the NFL is not in the same league!

That’s a mind blower. I didn’t know it was to that level of detail. The part about some teams just looking at stats in the sports page and all that. This sheads light

That was a fun article by King. Have the scouting methods book on my iphone and have brisked through it over the years.

Love this ****. Could read it all day.

A couple thoughts came to mind reading that,
1)I wonder if Bills kids will be great coaches.
2) I think the Pats will use Jax speed and inexperience against them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back