PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I Guess Friendship Never Dies

Status
Not open for further replies.
• Bill Belichick, Nick Saban and Matt Millen had a long chat at the start of the morning practice session, sending a Senior Bowl official on a frantic search for his photographer so as to get a record of the meeting of the minds at his event. The photographer made it in time, and his picture is sure to be used as a sales point when the Senior Bowl tries to sway players to come to Mobile in years to come.

What was Millen doing taking their lunch order. He has no business being mentioned in the same sentence as those two, never mind him being considered being involved in a "meeting of the minds" with those two. He probably stood there dumbfounded and didn't understand a lick of what was being said.

The best part of the article was mentioning BB, Scott and Romey getting together again.

BTW, I just put up a thread on the Draft Message board on how impressive the Senior Bowl rosters were this year. Must be, because all of the top people seem to be down there this week. Sometimes the teams will just send scouts.

Last edited:
PATSNUTme said:
The best part of the article was mentioning BB, Scott and Romey getting together again.

BTW, I just put up a thread on the Draft Message board on how impressive the Senior Bowl rosters were this year. Must be, because all of the top people seem to be down there this week. Sometimes the teams will just send scouts.

In years past, BB has had other things to do this week.......

Willie55 said:
What was Millen doing taking their lunch order. He has no business being mentioned in the same sentence as those two, never mind him being considered being involved in a "meeting of the minds" with those two. He probably stood there dumbfounded and didn't understand a lick of what was being said.

:rofl:

Matt's in the photo for balance - representing the inept NFL FO types your agent can snooker into a big contract if you generate some hype.

"Later, Belichick and Patriots personnel guru Scott Pioli had an enthusiastic reunion with their old defensive coordinator, Romeo Crennel."

They were probably high fiving RAC on his deft handling of the recent power play in Cleveland that saw ownership turn to him and left the Browns GM owing RAC his job. ;)

Tommy hopes coach is paying particular attention to:

• "At least one smart talent evaluator said the receivers on both sides are iffy, and probably qualify as the worst position group here. The best? Could be offensive line…"

Willie55 said:

Sing together now, "One of these things is not like the other. One of these things does not belong..."

lay off millen, now

Willie55 said:
millen was considered one of the best up-and-coming young minds in the league. then he made the mistake of actually try to run a franchise. what was it abe lincoln said about opening your mouth and removing all doubt?
i'll give millen a pass just for his having punched patrick sullivan in the mouth after the pats-oakland game in '86. or was that howie long?

ilduce06410 said:
millen was considered one of the best up-and-coming young minds in the league. then he made the mistake of actually try to run a franchise. what was it abe lincoln said about opening your mouth and removing all doubt?
i'll give millen a pass just for his having punched patrick sullivan in the mouth after the pats-oakland game in '86. or was that howie long?

It was Millen. And neither Nelson or Hannah would come to Sullivan's aid.

ilduce06410 said:
i'll give millen a pass just for his having punched patrick sullivan in the mouth after the pats-oakland game in '86.

Aw, Duke, you're all heart ... :D

jimmyjames said:
Seriously, Does Bill ever take off that sweatshirt?
I wonder if he has his red flag in his sock still ;)

jimmyjames said:
Seriously, Does Bill ever take off that sweatshirt?

Worst ever NFL sideline head coach look was George Seifert wearing his 49er playbook inside the front of his pants. :eek:
That's not to say Belichick looks bad in that grey sweatshirt, and, maybe he's also superstitious. Then again, the season is over. :(

They're giving Millen advice on which players to cut. :D

another priceless moment in patriots history

Mike the Brit said:
Aw, Duke, you're all heart ... :D
was the sight of patrick sulliven doing a press conference with a fat lip and a towel on a bleeding cut over his eye.
that '86 game was emotional for me and a lot of patriots fans. patriots hadn't been able to defeat faiders sisnce the 1978 criminal assault against darryl stingley.
but patrick completely lost his mind. the whole game you could see him, running up and down the sidelines, talking trash to the raiders. you'd think he'd never spent time around football players. last thing you do is go and try to shake hands with players you've been ragging for 3 hours. i suspect hannah and nelson were embarassed by it.
so yes, a little bloodletting was appropriate to top off or the catharsis of the day.

ilduce06410 said:
was the sight of patrick sulliven doing a press conference with a fat lip and a towel on a bleeding cut over his eye.
that '86 game was emotional for me and a lot of patriots fans. patriots hadn't been able to defeat faiders sisnce the 1978 criminal assault against darryl stingley.
but patrick completely lost his mind. the whole game you could see him, running up and down the sidelines, talking trash to the raiders. you'd think he'd never spent time around football players. last thing you do is go and try to shake hands with players you've been ragging for 3 hours. i suspect hannah and nelson were embarassed by it.
so yes, a little bloodletting was appropriate to top off or the catharsis of the day.

My hats are off to those who were just as committed through the Sullivan/Kiam years as they are now -- lions led by donkeys if ever there were a case. And the Stingley assault was indeed monstrous. Still a source of sadness and bitterness.

But what does BB have on his right temple in that pic? My screen is not particularly hi-res and the picture is fuzzy but it can't be his ear -- a pencil, perhaps? No, surely not -- too geeky even for BB.

Mike the Brit said:
But what does BB have on his right temple in that pic? My screen is not particularly hi-res and the picture is fuzzy but it can't be his ear -- a pencil, perhaps? No, surely not -- too geeky even for BB.
I think it is! LOL, and he makes it look.....scholarly, not geeky.

I have that grey sweatshirt too, and I have to say for a while there it was my everyday uniform as well. What can I say, it's darn comfortable.

Bella*chick said:

I have that grey sweatshirt too, and I have to say for a while there it was my everyday uniform as well. What can I say, it's darn comfortable.

LOL, Bella!! They don't have them at the Pro Shop anymore, BB must have grabbed them all....

Bella*chick said:

"Scholarly, not geeky" ... I'll have to remember that one! ;)

Bill's Girl said:
LOL, Bella!! They don't have them at the Pro Shop anymore, BB must have grabbed them all....

Well, back in 2003 I looked for one and they had sold out of them then as well. I was forced to buy a grey sweatshirt that was similar but not quite. I have been lying in wait ever since and the minute I saw them in stock this year, I pounced like a crazed tigress.

When I was in Walt Disney World last week, even despite the crushing disappointment of the loss, Patriots fans were everywhere. I got so many compliments on the sweatshirt, even at the airport. It was seriously sort of awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes