PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How the Miami wildcat shocked the Pats.

Dolphins running backs Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams, sharing a backfield, ran a college offense to perfection and made a respected Patriots defense look silly in a 38-13 victory in Foxborough, Massachusetts, on Sept. 21, 2008.

We didn’t have any idea that was coming,” former Patriots linebacker and ESPN analyst Tedy Bruschi said. “I laugh at it now. But we were so pissed that day. I was hopping around. I didn't know what I was doing. It was a shock to the system."

Interesting little article with the different quotes on it. That game was infuriating, the Pats looked totally helpless.

Recall allegations the Dolphins purchased Brady's signals:

Did the Dolphins buy tapes of Tom Brady's audibles in 2006? | nePatriotsLife.com - New England Patriots Fan Site, Blog, T-shirts

No big deal.
The billionaires want parity.

Whenever my coworkers bring up the Patriots cheat, which has died down lately, I use the above line:
"The billionaires want parity", or "Jerrah wants another trophy".

That's really the bottom line.
Spoiled rich people that are used to getting their way trying to manipulate the system in their favor.
Nothing new.
My friends and coworkers begrudgingly get it.
The working class gets it.

I kept waiting for the Pats to adjust out of it that game but it never happened. The Dolphins pulled it off. They outcoached Bellichick. I’ll never forget that day of getting horse whipped. I could imagine Parcells laughing with glee.

I had forgotten about Channing Crowder. What a toolbag. The thing I remember most about the rematch was both he and Matt Light getting ejected as Light grabbed him by the dreads and pounded him in the back of the head.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back