PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How sad is the Chiefs franchise

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ALSO enjoy Suggs. While not as lovable as Hill, his facial aesthetics & all-around good nature are a plus ! Coming from another honourable franchise, he is an excellent addition to KC !

Indeed, he's very proficient with bleach!

This thread sucks because Mahomes will be dominating the league for years to come, while we have maybe one more year of Tom Brady.

Let's see if this thread holds up after twenty years. It is entirely possible that Mahomes will end up having equal or more rings than Tom Brady.

PatriotsNumeroNYC136 will be on his 14 alt account

It reeks of bitterness since a lot of us are bitter............. so in that case it's an appropriate representation of reality.

I'm not bitter, 20 years of greatness, appreciate that. It was an unreal run, one that may not even be over. But if it is, chances are it will not be repeated for another 100 years in the NFL

Anyone hating on this thread should go yank chiefs fans on chiefsplanet instead. Go give them a "good luck guys :)" and a "congratulations from a Pats fan!" see how that works out for you.

Let us be bitter and hate. It comes with the territory of witnessing 6 SB championships.

Anyone hating on this thread should go yank chiefs fans on chiefsplanet instead. Go give them a "good luck guys :)" and a "congratulations from a Pats fan!" see how that works out for you.

Let us be bitter and hate. It comes with the territory of witnessing 6 SB championships.
They didn’t like me all that much.

They didn’t like me all that much.
Of course not they're a bunch of angry inbreeders who have never had so much success in their lives as witnessing their team make the super bowl. They're garbage people for the most part

This thread sucks because Mahomes will be dominating the league for years to come, while we have maybe one more year of Tom Brady.

Let's see if this thread holds up after twenty years. It is entirely possible that Mahomes will end up having equal or more rings than Tom Brady.

There isn't going to be another Tom Brady. Mahomes is his own beast but he is kinda fragile as shown when he got injured on that sneak. If he's lucky he'll have a Steve Young type career - 2 superbowl titles and a few MVPs to his name.

Mahomes has been a joy to watch these past two games though from a pure football perspective

There isn't going to be another Tom Brady. Mahomes is his own beast but he is kinda fragile as shown when he got injured on that sneak. If he's lucky he'll have a Steve Young type career - 2 superbowl titles and a few MVPs to his name.

They said the the same thing about Montana and here we are 20 years later with Brady. Although my mind tells me his style of play will never get the longevity needed to do so.

I don't much care for them ...
But for now they get my respect ... damn good team.

I don’t mind making fun of them. Starting a thread like this is just a bad look though. Makes it look like jealousy (go to other boards and they are obsessed with the Patriots.)
This thread is terrible. Mahomes is a great QB. Reid is good enough to win games.

They are clearly AFCs present and future for likely next five years. Not saying they win 5 sbs, but Mahomes retiring a 2-3 time SB Champion wouldn't shock me. However he needs to win this one before thinking 2.

Mahomes is imo, the present AND future.

Of course not they're a bunch of angry inbreeders who have never had so much success in their lives as witnessing their team make the super bowl. They're garbage people for the most part

Hey, aren’t you forgetting about those KC NBA championships and Stanley Cups?

Everyone is ready to say he is the present and the future, it is so hard to repeat at this level year after year and there is still Jackson in the league and the up coming draft with Joe Burrows and Tua. Any of those guys could take the league by storm. To say that Mahomes will get multiple SB's is premature IMO. Someone will figure him out and once he gets his large contract some other positions on that team will suffer unless he is willing to be like Brady and take home town discounts. On the other hand he might be like so many other players, they get one ring and now it's all about the money more than winning .

Everyone is ready to say he is the present and the future, it is so hard to repeat at this level year after year and there is still Jackson in the league and the up coming draft with Joe Burrows and Tua. Any of those guys could take the league by storm. To say that Mahomes will get multiple SB's is premature IMO. Someone will figure him out and once he gets his large contract some other positions on that team will suffer unless he is willing to be like Brady and take home town discounts. On the other hand he might be like so many other players, they get one ring and now it's all about the money more than winning .
Until Jackson, etc get lethal weapons like hill and Kelce and an offensive coach like Reid I wouldn't hold my breath on anyone being very competitive with KC... Unless that Mahomes Kelce hill troika is separated

This thread is terrible. Mahomes is a great QB. Reid is good enough to win games.

They are clearly AFCs present and future for likely next five years. Not saying they win 5 sbs, but Mahomes retiring a 2-3 time SB Champion wouldn't shock me. However he needs to win this one before thinking 2.

Mahomes is imo, the present AND future.

We've heard a lot of players mouth off about winning Super Bowls, fans mouthing off about winning Super Bowls, multiple Super Bowls. Let's wait and see. I have little doubt that Mahomes is capable of winning it; I do have doubts about Reid...and I think this window is actually going to shrink a lot the moment Mahomes takes a massive contract, which he will. Right now they have the best QB in football basically playing for free. It will be quite different when they have about $120M to work with rather than $160 to put a supporting cast around Mahomes, and no longer get lottery picks, and have to pay a lot expiring contracts. I have yet to see Mahomes step on the field without having the better array of weapons, not to detract from his greatness, but just to say that there's still a lot to learn about how this guy deals with adversity and huge challenges/handicaps.

All that said, after this postseason, Mahomes is worthy of a lot of praise, and yes, this thread looks pathetic. I'm just glad the Ravens aren't the team advancing. Should be a really exciting Super Bowl.

Mahomes is great, Reid is still a pretty damn good offensive mind, and their defense works well enough to hold most teams under 30, which is all they need. So congrats to them. The 9ers should be a very tough test in 2 weeks.

As for the future, who knows. I believe Mahomes is capable of being an MVP for years to come, barring injury (which is a distinct possibility). I fully expect Hill to self destruct at some point. Not a fan of Kelce. Salary cap problems are just about guaranteed for these guys. So, we'll see. Other than the Pats, the window for Super-Bowl caliber teams typically doesn't last very long.

The Pats, Titans, and Ravens are still out there in the AFC next year too.

Interesting to think Kelce is only 5 months younger than Gronk. Guess not having to block helps with the NFL aging process.

Reid has lost to us many times and has been gracious. Good for him and good luck. It's not easy to get to the SB and we've made it look easy

I have been accepted by 90% of them + post there sometimes. They aren't bad people. Its the humor they use. Im not really put off by it and enjoy talking to them. I also enjoy talking to Patriots fans.

As long as you are genuine, its fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey