PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How many more years of Brady at the top of his game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disco Volante

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
If you're currently just trying to enjoy his amazing season at hand and wish not to even think so far into the future then feel free to leave now, don't blame you.

But for those willing to discuss, how many more years do you think...

A) Brady will be in the league. (Assumingly with the Patriots, him in another uniform later in his career would crush me)
B) Brady will be at the top of his game.

I remember he was quoted as saying he wants to play as long as he can back in the pre-season, and even compared how long he wanted to play to Vinny T’s career, which would be amazing. Jeff Garcia and Brett Favre, are both having some of their best seasons yet at the ages of 37 and 38 respectively.

Assuming BB is with us until at least 2013 here's what age Brady will be at the start of each upcoming season with the hoodie...

2008- 31
2009- 32
2010- 33
2011- 34
2012- 35
2013- 36

Looking at the larger picture, what do you see? A BB esque "I see the Bills Sunday night" not needed, as already stated this is a topic just for some future thinking.

Last edited:
If they can keep protecting him like they have this year, beyond 36 is very possible. He's in great shape and works hard. 2015 sounds good to me.

You seen what Favre is doing this year?

I think QB's like Brady don't really fall off the face of the Earth like some guys like a Vince Young or a Mike Vick, where their athletic ability is the reason why they succeed. If Brady can keep a strong arm until he is 40, he could play at this level until then. I don't really see how he'd start to slow down at all. He isn't athleticly gifted.

Compiled a list of QB's who've won a Super Bowl at 31 years of age or older to look at...

Terry Bradshaw
Ken Stabler

Joe Montana
Phil Simms
Doug Williams

Bart Starr
Joe Montana
Steve Young
Jim Plunkett
Joe Theismann

Brad Johnson
Bart Starr
Len Dawson

Roger Staubach

Jim Plunkett

John Elway
Johnny Unitas

John Elway

Last edited:
I think QB's like Brady don't really fall off the face of the Earth like some guys like a Vince Young or a Mike Vick, where their athletic ability is the reason why they succeed. If Brady can keep a strong arm until he is 40, he could play at this level until then. I don't really see how he'd start to slow down at all. He isn't athleticly gifted.

His arm seems to be getting even better with the experience and his work ethic.

Brady may not peak soon when you consider that he was sort of a late bloomer. He didn't thrown the ball down the field as much in his first three or four years in the league due to the lack of WRs. That is a whole new direction his game has taken since working with McDaniels.

I just hope he doesn't hold us hostage like Favre is holding Greenbay hostage. Owners should start adding an INT clause to contracts. Once you start throwing ridiiculous amounts of INT's you automatically have to retire. Like what Greenabay should have done to Favre, then he would have no choice but to retire.

I just hope he doesn't hold us hostage like Favre is holding Greenbay hostage. Owners should start adding an INT clause to contracts. Once you start throwing ridiiculous amounts of INT's you automatically have to retire. Like what Greenabay should have done to Favre, then he would have no choice but to retire.

I understand what you are saying about SIR BRETT FAVRE. But truthfully the organization is keeping him around and refusing to let go. They have been pretty much begging him back each year.

No chance BB will do that, and I think he and Brady just might ride out together into the sunset when the time comes.

Zip your fly, Frankie! Your brains are showing. Favre is having a Tom Brady year with the caliber of talent Brady had prior to this year. And you think he should have been forced into retirement?

Do they have random drug testing where you work? If they do you're in trouble.

Wow, Plunkett was 36 when he won with the Raiders?

Makes me feel real good about #12 sticking around for a long time.

The way he's playing now, I'd have to agree (and hope) that he'll be around for many more years.

Zip your fly, Frankie! Your brains are showing. Favre is having a Tom Brady year with the caliber of talent Brady had prior to this year. And you think he should have been forced into retirement?

Do they have random drug testing where you work? If they do you're in trouble.

Put it this way. Not even Favre himself thought he could have a year like the one he's having. Yes, forced into retirement. When you are throwing the ball to everyone in a uniform besides the one you're wearing, yes forced. Are you sure you're not some Favrefugepacker? I think you might be, being all excited about the fluke season he's having, and then to compare him to Brady. You are a total Moron, who is obviously an idiot who doesn't know a thing about football.

Your a disrespectful little ****. How the **** could you say that? to not have respect for favre playing at the high level he has for so long makes you look like a complete moron. Favre is one of the all-time greats, he has an awesome legacy he plays to win, he doesn't really care about his personal stats either all he cares about is winning. You should really think about how much of an ass you make yourself sound like when you say **** like that.

Last edited:
Your a disrespectful little ****. How the **** could you say that? to not have respect for favre playing at the high level he has for so long makes you look like a complete moron. Favre is one of the all-time greats, he has an awesome legacy he plays to win, he doesn't really care about his personal stats either all he cares about is winning. You should really think about how much of an ass you make yourself sound like when you say **** like that.

Are we talking about a career here. I don't think we were. Maybe you should go back to 1st grade where they teach you comprehension. If your going to go on some little immature rant, you should at least go on about what I was talking about. Your to much of a favrefudgepacker. I really think you had to many foriegn objects reemed in your azz. Maybe if you tried vasiline you wouldn't be so grumpy. If you asked me if I thought Favre is one of the best QB's ever I would of said yes. This is whether it's time to retire or not, and it is. After he is done with his second half of the season collapse. Oh yeah, if we were talking about this last season you would be saying the same shyt, so get your thing out of Favre's azz, and off his fluke season bandwagon..........LOSER!!!!!!!!! By the way, won't you take your soory azz back to the Steelers board with your sad azz team, and your highly overratted QB, and your little flag Hines Ward and go get your pedicures done together.

I only pray Brady is around long enough for one of my as of yet unborn children to get to see him play. I don't want to sound like my Dad talking about Otto Graham and my kids having no clue WTF I am talking about.

I can see the Pats winning another SB or 2 and then going into a period from like 2010-2015 where they don't win anything. And then Old Man Brady leads them to 1 last championship in 2016 with a young whippersnapper 1st rounder nipping at his heels. Kinda like Montana at 37 except on the same team.

Are we talking about a career here. I don't think we were. Maybe you should go back to 1st grade where they teach you comprehension. If your going to go on some little immature rant, you should at least go on about what I was talking about. Your to much of a favrefudgepacker. I really think you had to many foriegn objects reemed in your azz. Maybe if you tried vasiline you wouldn't be so grumpy. If you asked me if I thought Favre is one of the best QB's ever I would of said yes. This is whether it's time to retire or not, and it is. After he is done with his second half of the season collapse. Oh yeah, if we were talking about this last season you would be saying the same shyt, so get your thing out of Favre's azz, and off his fluke season bandwagon..........LOSER!!!!!!!!! By the way, won't you take your soory azz back to the Steelers board with your sad azz team, and your highly overratted QB, and your little flag Hines Ward and go get your pedicures done together.
Why is it time for him to retire? He is putting up career numbers with a team that is definitley not the best team that he has been on, and I am pretty sure that if he can still play at the top of his game and still have passion for it then he should play as long as he wants. So go ahead and call me a favrefudgepacker, thats the most ******ed thing I have ever heard. Give a real reason for favre to retire other than "hes too old" hes still got the skills, Steve Mcnair is another story, hes obviously broken down and over the hill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes