Practice Squad Player
I think it's fair to say Mac Jones will likely not do half of the following:
-Overcome a 10 point deficit in the 4th quarter to win in a snowstorm. Divisional Round game.
-Beat a 14 point favorite in the SB. While leading the game winning fg drive.
-Beat a 14 win SB favorite on the road. Chargers game. Trailing by 8 points in 4th.
- Nearly beat a superior opponent on the road in a dome. While most of the team has the flu. AFC title game.
- Go perfect in the regular season. 17-0. 19-0 sans a once in a billion lucky catch.
- Overcome two 14 point deficits at home to successfully beat a great defense. AFC Divisional Round game against Baltimore.
- Storm a ten point rally in the 4th quarter of the SB against a once in a generation type defense. A win btw.
- Throw 28 TD's against 2 interceptions in 12 games. 2016.
-Successfully overcome a 25 point deficit with like 20 minutes left in the SB.
- Win MVP at age 40. His 3rd league MVP.
- Shred the best defensive team in the league with an injured hand. Down 20-10 in the 4th and win 24-10. AFC title game.
-Throw 505 yards against a great defense in the SB at age 40. All the while his coach is benching key players and his defense is getting shredded.
- Concert three 3rd and 10's in OT against the best team in the league. On the road in a hostile environment. AFC Title Game.
- At age 42, with nothing to work with, put up better numbers than most of the QB's in the league.
-Go to the worst pro sports franchise and win a SB in year one. Beating three HOF QB's consecutively. Two of said games on the road.
-Still be a top 3 QB at age 44.
- Win 5 SB MVP's. 7 SB wins in total. 10 SB appearances.
By my count, Brady has won 5 (Raiders, Ravens, Seahawks, Falcons, and Jags) postseason games when trailing by 10 or more. 3 league MVP's. 18 pro bowls. 3 all pro's. Has every QB record imaginable it seems.
Jones will be great imo.
But Brady is the exception to every rule.
I am just glad BB drafted, developed and promoted Brady. BB does a nice job when he has the ability to pick his own QB of his choosing. The results are quite good. I bet Garoppolo would've been better here than in SF, too. Coaching matters. And Brady got the best one ever giving him the answers to the test along the way.
Jones seems like he has the recall capability and football IQ to be groomed as well. We all know how well BB builds his teams and dynasties.