How long Will Stephen Gostkowski Handle Kickoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPPT1974

April Showers and Easter 2024!
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Before he gets up in age and turns it over to Jake Bailey? As IMHO he will handle them for a couple more years. Before it is Jake's turn to turn it over.

Before he gets up in age and turns it over to Jake Bailey? As IMHO he will handle them for a couple more years. Before it is Jake's turn to turn it over.
Isn’t one of Gost’s strengths the ability to pin in close, but not quite in, the end zone ?

I think he made a comment last season somewhere along the lines of he wishes he could kick a touchback every time. I think he’s lost a little off his fastball.

True but think Stephen is urged by BB to kick it to the five yard line. To limit returns.

When Ghost can't do kickoffs it's time to cut him. Ghost is the backup punter too.

Love seeing Adam kick while he's 40+ but I'd cut his ass if I were the Dolts. Kickers needs to do more like Ghost does.

When Ghost can't do kickoffs it's time to cut him. Ghost is the backup punter too.

Love seeing Adam kick while he's 40+ but I'd cut his ass if I were the Dolts. Kickers needs to do more like Ghost does.
Considering his FG percentage and experience kicking at Gillette, I’d argue that he’s still a highly valuable member of the team even if he can’t pin them as deep with touchbacks every time.

As a matter of fact, it’s likely why they went out and drafted Bailey, who can punt and kickoff deep. For me, the question is whether Gost continues to kickoff in 2019, as he likely won’t in 2020. Just my opinion, of course.

Think he will in 2019 but 2020 could be a different story. He has only signed for two years.

I wish some competition would be brought in with Gostowski. Bill seems to be pushing Ryan Allen who I think was better at his job last year than SG was.

If Bailey has the leg to get a touchback on the majority of KOs there should be no controversy.

Bailey will have to exceed expectations pretty much to even be on the roster. He seems to be in a similar boat as Bojorquez last year: great leg but not much consistency. Which -- if it doesn't change -- is a recipe to end up being stashed / cut.

Bailey will have to exceed expectations pretty much to even be on the roster. He seems to be in a similar boat as Bojorquez last year: great leg but not much consistency. Which -- if it doesn't change -- is a recipe to end up being stashed / cut.
seems to be? According to who? What I read was that Allen has an uphill battle to climb because Bailey is impressing. Plus 5th round picks seem to regularly make the roster as special teamers.

seems to be? According to who? What I read was that Allen has an uphill battle to climb because Bailey is impressing. Plus 5th round picks seem to regularly make the roster as special teamers.

Beat guys, Edelman in an interview (if he said it in a serious way).. it is all out there on Twitter from a few weeks ago.

Nobody of the two is really ahead of anyone because camp has not started yet and OTAs are not about evaluation. But if anything Allen is the one in the driving seat until then simply because he has shown his ability in the biggest moments.

Obviously all of this might look different 1-2 weeks into camp as showing to be consist and reliable is what will decide the battle between Allen and Bailey.

Beat guys, Edelman in an interview (if he said it in a serious way).. it is all out there on Twitter from a few weeks ago.

Nobody of the two is really ahead of anyone because camp has not started yet and OTAs are not about evaluation. But if anything Allen is the one in the driving seat until then simply because he has shown his ability in the biggest moments.

Obviously all of this might look different 1-2 weeks into camp as showing to be consist and reliable is what will decide the battle between Allen and Bailey.

I remember lots of OTA reports saying that stuff about Bojorquez but not Bailey. It may not even matter, as Bojorquez did win a spot as an NFL punter despite looking bad all camp and not punting once during the preseason.

Heard Bailey was there to take some heat off of Stephen G as he gets up there in age over in the summertime. But who gets to punt as well as kickoff will determine in preseason.

I’ve seen a few beat writers say Bailey has been inconsistent. Edelman said something along the lines of he’s got a huge leg but he’s all over the place.

Guess the assumption is that Allen is gone in favor of Bailey who has not even made it to TC yet???

Many of us thought Allen could have been the MVP of SB VIII....

I think they are taking a shot on his upside but agree that he will have to improve and impress.

This is such a weird thread.

BB will carry extra leg-men.......When pigs fly

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill