PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How is Nate Solder doing this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's been good, not great. An average starting LT for an NFL team. His run blocking is much better than his pass blocking.

His potential is more like top 5 though, and he shows flashes.

Now his numbers do show a few sacks, but a lot of those were coverage sacks and I can really only remember 2 or 3 times where he was flat out beat (either out speed rushed or outpowered) that directly led to a Brady sack.

However he has been beaten a number of times that should have been sacks (where Brady made an aware play).

So overall he's roughly average. He still needs to work on his awareness, and he can get a bit stronger. Obviously, he is a keeper though, his talent and physical attributes make him quite unique

I'm looking at the condensed Broncos game now and Solder looks good. He does a good job locking up the linebackers on the runs. He can get low on pass blocks and handle his ends quite good. There are some problems do, as he is pretty tall he has big problems if he doesn't bend much, which happens sometimes and then he gets pancaked. Overall do I like what I see booth in run and pass. There are just thoose things like always bending at the knees and missing some blitzers. I would say that he is a bit above average right now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye