SOURCE:Yahoo! Sports

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: Chiefs
Sun
Dec 8th
Right Now At PatsFans.com:
Tough Loss
Sunday night's loss in Houston was tough, leaving the Patriots with questions heading into this week's showdown against the Chiefs

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

Horror movies chat - Was 3 days later and I'm still thinking about the movie Hereditary.

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by fnordcircle, Oct 18, 2019.

1. Brady_to_Moss

Brady_to_Moss 28-3.... PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +8,726
    A Quite Place 2 is already done filming..next year and I can't wait. Saw the first day 1 in Theaters.

2. BradyFTW!

BradyFTW! Goodell sucks PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +22,715
    This is kind of a random one, but my local library has a film club that I drop in on when they get into stuff that sounds interesting. The last few weeks they've been big on 2000s Spanish horror, so I watched The Orphanage and The Devil's Backbone. Both were really good, especially Devil's Backbone. I had no exposure to Spanish horror before that, so for anyone in the same boat who's looking to branch out I strongly recommend it.

• Useful Useful x 3
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2019
  3. BradyFTW!

Ratings:
    +22,715
    I wasn't a big fan of Us, TBH. Probably worth watching, I guess, but I was disappointed and don't feel like I would have really missed anything if I'd skipped it entirely. And I did like Get Out quite a bit, so was really disappointed in it. It had me worried that Midsommar would be a similar kind of follow-up disappointment, very relieved that it wasn't.

I also enjoyed Babadook, haven't seen Annihilation yet but will probably check it out soon.

• Like Like x 2
  4. BradyFTW!

Ratings:
    +22,715
    +1 on the Belko Experiment, I really enjoyed that one. Fun premise, goes off the wall in a hurry.

• Like Like x 2
  5. BobDigital

BobDigital Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +14,450
    I saw midsommar. As a movie I found myself a bit underwhelmed. As a masterclass in film making and cinematography I was very pleased.

The most beautifully shot film I've seen this year.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. fnordcircle

fnordcircle The poster who James White said inspires him. PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29,995
    Annihilation is a lot like Midsommar to me in that it's gorgeous and there's a lot of dread.

It veers off from Midsommar pretty significantly in terms of horror elements, but I think they're beautifully shot movies first and foremost.

I really love these slow, plodding, well-shot movies that fill you with dread. Much better than jump cuts and 'pulling chunks of glass out of your eye' horror which feels like a gimmick to me and doesn't stick with me. I like a horror movie that bugs me for a day or three.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. BradyFTW!

Ratings:
    +22,715
    Right on, that sounds ****ing excellent, you basically just 100% described what I'm looking for in a horror movie. I'll take slow-building atmosphere all day any day. Definitely gotta watch it.

Also, if anyone's interested, I've got a Plex server with a bunch of horror movies on it. Just PM me if you want an invite.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Brady_to_Moss

Brady_to_Moss 28-3.... PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +8,726
    I have my Amazon Fire stick Jailbroken so horror movies galore for me. Some issues now and then but otherwise reliable.

• Useful Useful x 1
  9. Wordsmyth

Wordsmyth PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +4,555
    Have you seen La Llarona?

10. Caretaker

Caretaker Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +119
    I liked 'Hereditary' for attention given to details, very good cast and more demonic feel than your average cursed house/family flick. Also the psychological, brooding buildup impressed me very much.

I'm definitely looking forward to see 'The Lighthouse'. Robert Eggers has done a fantastic job with The VVitch and I truly believe we have a talent there. Last time I was so pumped up for a movie was 'The Revenant' so I'm not that easy to please.

TLDR Go watch The VVitch if you haven't done so.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. supafly

supafly Starting to see some ghosts PatsFans.com Supporter Weekly Picks Winner

Ratings:
    +23,609
    So, “The Lighthouse” was a miss for me, but Im curious to hear the opinions of others.

• Useful Useful x 1
  12. aluminum seats

aluminum seats Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +8,673
    Looks good to me too, but I just made the mistake of watching the trailer. Why do they make these trailers that basically shows the entire movie condensed into 2 1/2 minutes? Just give me an idea of what it’s about and leave it alone. My mistake for watching it I guess.

13. supafly

supafly Starting to see some ghosts PatsFans.com Supporter Weekly Picks Winner

Ratings:
    +23,609
    I agree. I like to go into it knowing as little as possible. That’s pretty much the same for every movie. I absorb some of what’s shown during commercials for the major releases, but I never go out of my way to watch a trailer beforehand.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Wordsmyth

Wordsmyth PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +4,555
    I was on a Wes Craven Scream binge yesterday. I have part three recorded, and plan on watching the fourth later (I've never seen the last two).