PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Holy **** you guys. We were down 28-3 in the Super Bowl and won.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is not all glory winning the way we did. Do I buy the five SB rings with the case or no case! God this is painful!

I so agree. Still in shock. After White scored, I wasn't yelling and screaming, because I was having a hard time processing what I had just seen. I was pretty much in shock. I was shaking after the game. I wish I had a video like half the Pat's fans on YouTube screaming "we ****ing won !", but my video would've been super boring. Just un-****ing believable. So happy and had already scheduled the day off after the game, so thoroughly enjoyed watching on TV all of the spoils that come to the victors, even saw Goodell have to give the MVP trophy to Brady, live. Just amazing.
Yea, what he said.....:D

At least once every couple days I realize how close we were to the abyss and start giggling like a school girl at what they pulled off.

The incredible thing for me is continuing to be mindblown with how much of the hole they were in and how perfect they needed to be in order to complete the comeback...and were

It was ok and all but it would have been better and more dramatic if the Pats exhibited a semblance of clock management skill...allowing the pass to Bennett to be the dramatic game winner as time ran out...perfection.

Instead Brady threw a pathetic ball to Bennett with plenty of time left in the game..pass interference, boring. Honestly, it was a bit of a let down.

I never stopped believing, I never doubted, not for a moment! The only thing on my mind was what we had to do to make the comeback. I looked at the clock and knew we had time to do it.

I was almost in tears on the final drive. It was the greatest comeback in pro football history.

And one of the funny side effects of this comeback is a whole bunch of opposing team fans finally accepting and admitting that Brady and Belichick are the GOAT.

Last edited:
It's been three weeks and I still have trouble believing it. The analysis I've seen - tired Falcons defense, slight halftime adjustments, error-prone Falcons coach - really just aren't that plausible. It's like I'm in a Philip K. **** novel or The Truman Show.

It just doesn't make any sense that so many things all together would suddenly go the Patriots way and exactly at the same time all the Falcons coaches and players, who'd done a great job throughout the season and designed some brilliant plays early on, would suddenly lose their mind. And then Brady makes this succession of epic drives.

I have never had any sporting event have this effect, of surrealism like this.

Seriously, if this were a movie, I'd just say, this is preposterous.

Time to watch Air Bud I guess for some realism.

Thank the stars we're not. That would probably end with a literal disaster.

I never stopped believing, I never doubted, not for a moment! The only thing on my mind was what we had to do to make the comeback. I looked at clock and knew we had time to do it.

I was almost in tears on the final drive. It was the greatest comeback in pro football history.

And one of the funny side effects of this comeback is a whole bunch of opposing team fans finally accepting and admitting that Brady and Belichick are the GOAT.
Every Pats fan I know was working out mentally that they should kick the FG down 28-9 to be 16 points down, two TDs and two 2 point conversions.

A poll or Patfans stories would be great. I'm in a Chicago suburb bar with a loud Atlanta presence. At half-time I go home (down the street) and watch the game. I mute the sound as I don't want to listen (I typically do this), and probably not the only one doing this. I had a good feeling on the last TD drive in regulation and knew a winning flip meant it was ova. Wow, can we ever top this one?

I just wanted them to make it competitive. At 28-20, I was happy.
Yeah. I said many times that I wasn't mad that it was 28-3. I was pissed that the Pats played nowhere near their top game. Then they flipped the switch and it was over for ATL.

Last edited:
It wasn't until after White scored in OT did I finally have a deep, emotional reaction. That whole drive, I just watched in a state of shock. I simply couldn't believe what I was seeing. Part of me didn't want to believe we could actually win this game.

Just. Wow.[/QUOTE]

Totally agree. That drive felt like it was happening super fast, especially as I was still trying to get my head around what I had just seen pre-OT. And then each OT play just added to the sheer wonder that was unfolding. Legend.

Saturday night before the Super Bowl I fell deathly ill. I actually think it was food poisoning. I was throwing up from about 11pm till 8am.

I was in pure agony. The sickest I ever remember being. Sunday I stayed in bed, waking up once an hour to take a few sips of water so I would not completely dehydrate and going straight back to bed. It was like they day never happened, up until game time.

I did this until 6:30, when I laid in bed and watched the Superbowl.

As it unfolded, I was so freaking sick I honestly didn't care at that point. As others said, I was in peace. Was thinking (when I wasn't thinking about how sick I felt) ok, so we won't win this one. Big deal. We got 4 already. I thought about turning the game off and just going to sleep, but I for whatever reason I kept watching.

The first James White TD, I was like, eh, atleast the score won't look as pathetic. Then I just simply laughed when Ghost missed the EP.

Throughout the rest that unfolded to tie the game, I never got excited or really even moved for that matter. Julio Jones catch, nothing. No disappointment, nothing. I actually might have laughed out loud when he caught it. I mean what is a Patriots Superbowl without the Amazing catch by a guy who could not have possibly been more covered.

I kept waiting for the comeback to stall. I mean they were behind 4 freaking scores. Who the hell comes back from that?

Edleman's catch? knew it was a catch immediately. But still. We had a LONG was to go and a two point conversion.

I think I may have actually sat up a little once the game was tied. At that point it was starting to be very surreal. I did not know what to think.

When James White crossed the goal line, I literally jumped out of bed and ran into the living room where my wife and daughter were screaming "he got in"/

I then had to lay down on the floor as I started to pass out. Did I mention how sick I was?

The only other thing I remember from the living room was my daughter looking at my wife saying "I can't believe you almost made me miss that!". My wife had initially told my daughter she could stay up and watch the whole game as she is usually in be by 9:30 on school nights. But when the game was out of hand my wife told my daughter she should just go to bed. Luckily for my daughter she pushed the point that mom had told her she could stay up and watch the whole game.

Anyway, I am still stunned. I have watched it so many times as well. Over and over again.

From a game watching experience, it sort of sucked. Because for pretty most of the night New England was getting killed. And even when they started coming back, it never looked like they had a realistic shot to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back