PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hawk to New England?

Status
Not open for further replies.

glecco

On the Roster
Reaction score
There's a post on FinHeaven reporting that the Pats and GB will be making a blockbuster draft trade after evaluating J Walker. The story is that the Pats will give up their first three picks this year and next years first for GB #5 and Walker. This is contingent upon Hawk still being available for the 5th pick. The rumer is said to come from EEI. Anyone else hear this?

Last edited:
glecco said:
There's a post on FinHeaven reporting that the Pats and GB will be making a blockbuster draft trade after evaluating J Walker. The story is that the Pats will give up their first three picks this year and next years first for GB #5 and Walker. This is contingent upon Hawk still being available for the 5th pick. The rumer is said to come from EEI. Anyone else hear this?
So the trade would amount to Green Bay trading down 16 spots and giving up Walker for a 2nd and 3rd this year and a 1st next year? I think that is about the value they want for Walker, plus the move down.

J D Sal

It works

From the point system the deal works, and it fills two needs for the Pats. I'm not sure that this is a rumor or just speculation.

Bs........

Probably is BS, but I can't help being intrigued by the premise. Green Bay has rebuilding to do and could use a bushel of picks in this deep defensive draft. Meanwhile, give New England the best linebacker prospect to come along in several years and a plug-in starter at receiver, and you have to call draft day a success.

I would love this outcome - and for the reason you state it's not entirely out of bounds for GB.

But it would shorten Day One entertainment.

If we got Hawk and Walker today, that would be just fine with me but I don't think there is much chance of that happening. Belioli likes to have a lot of picks to work with. The more picks he has, the more reason he finds to continue living.

I agree, this would be an awesome news. We get a great WR to pair with Branch, and the best LB prospect in this draft who would make a large impact on defense starting next year. The price is steep but its not like we need a ton of picks either.

Geicco can you provide a link from the Dolphins forum?

from FinHeaven

TB12 said:
I agree, this would be an awesome news. We get a great WR to pair with Branch, and the best LB prospect in this draft who would make a large impact on defense starting next year. The price is steep but its not like we need a ton of picks either.

Geicco can you provide a link from the Dolphins forum?
http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=139174

Ieeeeee, IDK I'd rather stay put, and select Carpenter, and then trade for Walker with our third or second, then do this, the lb's corp is deep, and I think we're giving up too much, when we can probably get Lawson or Carpenter at 21, if we do trade up, it's for Huff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back