PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Julio Jones (June 6 Update - Traded to the Titans)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I saw Julio Jones at Logan. He was with Jimmy G who had the 49rs restructure his contract just for us after we traded a 7th round pick for him. They should be in Foxboro at any moment. Mac Jones was heard saying he will do whatever he can to support Jimmy. I think the Texans overpaid us for Cam though when they gave us their 2022 1st round pic, but who am I to complain? Come to find out, Deshaun is a lousy tipper. That is why he is in trouble.
PS. This fantasy was brought to you Aaron Rogers and his $37 million contract that can magically fit underneath the Pats' salary cap.

Hope you're insured.

Season 5 Nbc GIF by The Office

Would love to have him. But given his age and injury history I would only give up a 3rd or 4th depending on how much of his salary Atlanta was willing to eat. It would have to be a significant amount.

Also we still don't know if we have a competent QB to throw him the ball or not.

Article on the athletic mention the Patriots as still interested in Julio Jones:

"
Many teams would like Jones on their roster, but not many realistically can trade for him. The Falcons’ hope is that enough teams (think: three to five) express interest to create a market. Think of 1) teams with enough cap space to absorb Jones’ $15.3 million base salary; 2) contending teams that believe he would put them over the top; 3) young teams looking to take the next step. Among the teams that could fall into these categories: Ravens, 49ers, Patriots, Colts and Chargers. One league source said the Titans also may show interest, but they also are close to the cap ceiling.

The Falcons likely will be seeking draft-pick compensation. A first-rounder seems unlikely. The Falcons were fortunate to get a second-rounder from New England for Mohamed Sanu in 2019 (Bill Belichick was desperate for a final Super Bowl run with Tom Brady). Two sources have said teams also may seek to have the Falcons eat a portion of Jones’ contract."

I think Belichick will wait until terms are extremely favorable and then jump on Julio when Atlanta is desperate to sign their draft class.

Mac Jones throwing TDs to Julio Jones sounds nice. Make it happen Bill.

If Julio ends up on the Pats, the Pats will be in the super bowl...and hopefully stomp all over Tom Oldy's a-s-s
This could only happen if Mac Jones were starting... and even then Tampa is a superteam, they'll be tough to beat even with another superteam.

Jones is due $15.3 million this year (all of it is already garunteed) with a $23 million dollar cap charge. He is due $11.5 million for both 2022 and 2023.

He still has @$24 million in pro rated bonus money due to him by the Falcons. The only way the Falcons can move him is after June 1. If they traded him then, the cap hit would still be @25 million.

So the price is not that bad, but he is 32, coming off a 9 game season.

I think they are going to have a tough time getting someone to pony up a second round pick to take on that contract.

This could only happen if Mac Jones were starting... and even then Tampa is a superteam, they'll be tough to beat even with another superteam.

With Julio, the Pats have the horses to beat any team, including Tampa. Our offensive line and secondary are better than theirs. C'mon, WFT almost beat them last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes