PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Harry begs Brady: no rookie haircut

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe the general rule is those with dreads/very long hair dodge the haircut.

I would expect Harry would be told that, but I doubt anyone steps up and tells him now if he really doesn't know.

IIRC, they don't quite dodge it entirely, but the vets do respect the long time that goes into it. I think they just cut off one lock or trim some of them or something.

In any case, here's what Harry's working with:
usatsi_12839527-e1559933261320.jpg

I thought he had longer dreads. Neither long nor dreads.

Now he loses the hair and the eyebrows.

IIRC, they don't quite dodge it entirely, but the vets do respect the long time that goes into it. I think they just cut off one lock or trim some of them or something.

im guessing someone is going to make a nice donation to brady's charity

They should do him a favor and shave off that scraggly excuse for a beard. Some guys just shouldn't force facial hair.

Last edited:
So whats the alternative? Bite through a gallon of avocado ice cream?

So whats the alternative? Bite through a gallon of avocado ice cream?
That would be reward, not punishment. I made some avocado ice cream a while back and it was delicious.

As crazy as it sounds, I’m actually going to predict no haircut. I’m guessing that they find a way to give him (and possibly everyone) a break as it pertains to the haircut hazing, this year. They can give him some pink stripes, instead. Brady will have to get creative.
I read they've been cutting back on the hazing haircut in recent years, so i agree harry won't get a hair cut.

" Don't haze me bro!!"

I would be down with any hazing that doesn't **** with my appearance. You could tie me to a flag pole in my underwear before I'd let you touch my beard. Whether Harry is joking or not I hope nobody messes with his glorious mane

Yea I agree, its one thing if they're ok with the "ritual", but completely buzz cutting someones hair that likes it grown out and is part of their outward appearance/personality should not be messed with

I think the entire concept of hazing is kind of ridiculous, but I understand the little things like making them carry team captains gear, or pranking them by filling their car full of styrofoam peanuts or something of that nature

Not sure I would classify Harry's response as begging. Let's see what happens with Chase Winovich.

If you go along with it it's a lot less painful. I honestly don't mind harmless rites of passage and getting your head shaved, especially as a man, is about as harmless as hazing can be. But then again....I do feel bad for these guys with gigantic dreadlocks... How did Maroney skirt this?

But yeah - *****ing about it is a guaranteed way to make it worse.

My HS overseas hazed; basically the scenes from Dazed and Confused.

You are dead on. If you just go with it, it is less "painful" and over much quicker. The kids who actively tried to avoid it (i.e. Freshmen avoiding bars/parties where they thought the Seniors were) got it way worse than the "sacrificial lamb" types.

And yes, before anyone asks, the country I grew up in had no drinking/tobacco purchase age. As long as you could pay for it, any bar/store, would sell you whatever you wanted.

It's not just ego and self image at stake. These men are in the entertainment industry. Cultivating a trademark look a la Harry and Winovich is potentially valuable, and cutting their hair world render them less recognizable, and less marketable. How much money do you think Clay Matthews' mane has made him over the years?

My HS overseas hazed; basically the scenes from Dazed and Confused.

You are dead on. If you just go with it, it is less "painful" and over much quicker. The kids who actively tried to avoid it (i.e. Freshmen avoiding bars/parties where they thought the Seniors were) got it way worse than the "sacrificial lamb" types.

And yes, before anyone asks, the country I grew up in had no drinking/tobacco purchase age. As long as you could pay for it, any bar/store, would sell you whatever you wanted.

That sounds like Spain in the 80's. Haha

Harry should have stayed quiet, Tom seems focused on Winovich...don't draw attention to yourself kid :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down