PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hard Knocks Ratings Way Down

Status
Not open for further replies.
and drugs he was taking didn't help..

Yeah if only he would have taken the drugs that could have helped with getting kneeled on the neck for over 8mins.

Personally I expect higher than usual ratings for the first few weeks of the season.

What else will be on ?

Personally I expect higher than usual ratings for the first few weeks of the season.

What else will be on ?
What else will be on? Well, just the Stanley Cup semifinals and finals, the NBA semifinals and finals, pro baseball’s stretch run, college football, the Kentucky Derby and the French Open.

The NFL won’t compete against all of the above but yeah, I guess besides all that there will be nothing on....

What else will be on? Well, just the Stanley Cup semifinals and finals, the NBA semifinals and finals, pro baseball’s stretch run, college football, the Kentucky Derby and the French Open.

The NFL won’t compete against all of the above but yeah, I guess besides all that there will be nothing on....
NBA/NHL have been great. They'll get an audience but NFL/College football is king in America.

No one cares about baseball, tennis or horse racing.

NBA/NHL have been great. They'll get an audience but NFL/College football is king in America.

No one cares about horse racing.

heh...right...until the race starts...

heh...right...until the race starts...
Mike Tice is a horse-racing animal. Him & his kid are on Twitter and seem like fun dudes. I also LOVE the fact that he openly ran the "Randy Ratio" as a NFL HC.

Completely and totally opposite of who really does, but thanks for playing and be sure to pick up your month's supply of sh!t sandwiches on the way out...
This is a thread hijacked by certain people who want to make Hardknocks rating a culture war issue and waited about 30 seconds before claiming George Floyd got what he deserved. I would actually love to know how I am actually the one causing the issue

No one cares about baseball, tennis or horse racing.
Yes the NFL and NCAA are the kings, and will get better ratings than those other programs... but I just wonder what cave the person who said "what else will be on?" is living in.... I think I'd like to join....

This is a thread hijacked by certain people who want to make Hardknocks rating a culture war issue and waited about 30 seconds before claiming George Floyd got what he deserved. I would actually love to know how I am actually the one causing the issue
I don't think it is hijacking to theorize that ratings are down because a certain degree of the population is sick of all the politics in sports, and it has only gotten louder and louder.

I am an example of someone who is watching less sports because of all the politics. Don't get me wrong, I will watch football no matter what. But I am someone who normally watches the basketball playoffs, the hockey playoffs, ATH, PTI, and the occasional Red Sox game. This month I've been watching no basketball, no ESPN and just the occasional NHL game.

I don't think it is hijacking to theorize that ratings are down because a certain degree of the population is sick of all the politics in sports, and it has only gotten louder and louder.

I am an example of someone who is watching less sports because of all the politics. Don't get me wrong, I will watch football no matter what. But I am someone who normally watches the basketball playoffs, the hockey playoffs, ATH, PTI, and the occasional Red Sox game. This month I've been watching no basketball, no ESPN and just the occasional NHL game.
MLB ratings are worse than the NBA. In fact all the sports rating have underwhelmed after the initial highs. Sports arent essential during a pandemic and many people dont have the option of pretending real problems arent happening.

Personally I dont like how nationalism and the military have become so interwoven with sports, I think its all window dressing and devalues the supposed meaning. You want to honor american veterans, fund veteran medical and job programs dont trot some veterans out so teams can sell USA themed merch.

I would really like it if you could be a little introspective. Plainclothed police broke into Breonna Taylor's (an EMT) house with a no knock warrant, shot her while she was sleeping and then lied about it. Its insane that they have not been charged with a crime. People are protesting in the streets and are being told its the wrong way to protest and that they need to get a job , Athletes take a knee and are told its the wrong way to protest and that they make too much money to protest.

And Before you get into this thing about looting let me just say that if people can argue that not all cops are bastards because of these bad apples, then I can easily say that not all protesters are bastards because the actions of a few bad apples. And thats without getting into the issue of police failing to deescalate issues, which we know they are capable of because they did it when people were protesting wearing masks and other incidents too.

When Devin McCourty protested during the anthem for BLM he wasnt personally blaming you, hes asking for people to acknowledge systemic racism. He isnt protesting the flag, he is protesting racism in america, an issue that he would likely be much more familiar with than you or I. Just listen to people with a different experience than you and you might learn something.

Go Patriots, I wish they could be my sports priority this fall but 160,000 Americans have died who didnt need to and the number of people beaten and killed by the police is too high.

I have never seen a single episode of Hard Knocks. All the behind the scene football stuff doesn’t interest me. But come game time, I’m all in

MLB ratings are worse than the NBA. In fact all the sports rating have underwhelmed after the initial highs. Sports arent essential during a pandemic and many people dont have the option of pretending real problems arent happening.

Personally I dont like how nationalism and the military have become so interwoven with sports, I think its all window dressing and devalues the supposed meaning. You want to honor american veterans, fund veteran medical and job programs dont trot some veterans out so teams can sell USA themed merch.

I would really like it if you could be a little introspective. Plainclothed police broke into Breonna Taylor's (an EMT) house with a no knock warrant, shot her while she was sleeping and then lied about it. Its insane that they have not been charged with a crime. People are protesting in the streets and are being told its the wrong way to protest and that they need to get a job , Athletes take a knee and are told its the wrong way to protest and that they make too much money to protest.

And Before you get into this thing about looting let me just say that if people can argue that not all cops are bastards because of these bad apples, then I can easily say that not all protesters are bastards because the actions of a few bad apples. And thats without getting into the issue of police failing to deescalate issues, which we know they are capable of because they did it when people were protesting wearing masks and other incidents too.

When Devin McCourty protested during the anthem for BLM he wasnt personally blaming you, hes asking for people to acknowledge systemic racism. He isnt protesting the flag, he is protesting racism in america, an issue that he would likely be much more familiar with than you or I. Just listen to people with a different experience than you and you might learn something.

Go Patriots, I wish they could be my sports priority this fall but 160,000 Americans have died who didnt need to and the number of people beaten and killed by the police is too high.
Maybe when players stop kneeling in support of a group that blocks roads and threatens people at gun point and beats them unconscious I'll lend an ear. Til they condemn such group it'll fall on deaf ears and they have no credibility

I would really like it if you could be a little introspective. Plainclothed police broke into Breonna Taylor's (an EMT) house with a no knock warrant, shot her while she was sleeping and then lied about it. Its insane that they have not been charged with a crime.
You kinda left out an important part here. I mean, don't you think it is just a little significant that the police were being fired upon, and they returned fire (which is considered justified force in every single police department in the country)...?

What happened there was a colossal screw up. Criminal negligence in the ordering and execution of the warrant would be worth pursuing. But, with all due respect, when you make it sound like they broke in, snuck up on her in bed, and shot her execution style while she laid peacefully at sleep, you are giving an extremely misleading account of what actually happened.
People are protesting in the streets and are being told its the wrong way to protest and that they need to get a job , Athletes take a knee and are told its the wrong way to protest and that they make too much money to protest.
Peaceful protest is fine. Most cities had peaceful protests. But what is currently happening in Oregon is not peaceful protest.
I do listen. And I do learn. But I've soured quite a bit on being lectured to during an activity I do for leisure and recreation, so I just tuned it out.

Like I said, I am a hardcore football fan so I will be watching football regardless. But it is not unrealistic to suggest casual viewers are tuning out, and I know that I am an example of a casual viewer tuning out of those other sports.

I know there are strong feelings out here on both sides about the merits of kneeling and other symbolic gestures related to social justice, so I won't get into that debate. But, I think wherever one stands on the merits of that discussion, I think we're all sick and tired of the politicization of what has always been, for me at least, some combination of "distraction," "entertainment" and the chance to watch great athletes playing a great game at a high level.

In addition, the Covid restrictions on fans and players in team events constantly bring to mind the reality that we are all just trying to survive a society-altering, life-altering event. The cardboard cutouts in MLB stands and the mime fans in NBA seating are just another reminder of what we would all really rather forget for a few hours and, for me at least, just make matters worse.

So, yeah, I can understand why ratings are down for Hard Knocks, since I image at least half the show is about how the participants are social distancing, tests, quarantines, etc.

Oddly enough, TV Golf, for me at least, is an exception to the above. I understand that some of the players say they miss the energy from the crowds and I think I get that. But, I find just focusing on the players, the quality of their play and their interactions with each other and their caddies even more interesting without a thousand, at times hammered, fans making a lot of noise.

Easy solution to the ratings problem...change the title of the show to Hard Knockers. They'll get a boost in the ratings on the degeneracy factor alone...

Easy solution to the ratings problem...change the title of the show to Hard Knockers. They'll get a boost in the ratings on the degeneracy factor alone...

the thread title was about Hard Knocks in case you are keeping score...

Watched the first show last night (Rams/Chargers). I had never watched the other ones. The production of the show is great, but the two teams are not very interesting. Not many personalities yet. McVey reminds me of a sane John Gruden and Jalen Ramsey is just an immature ass. Other than that, not much going on so far. Its pretty clear Donte Deayon is a pain in the ass. He never shuts up. he could be interesting

I just watched the show and did not think it was too bad. A little slow but did give us some actual insight as to what lengths they go to protect everyone rec Covid 19. Hopefully it picks up some pace as the weeks go by

Never watched it. I don't have HBO... Maybe folks are cutting back on luxury expenses like HBO? That would make sense. How many are out of work? How many are just collecting unemployment and protesting everyday... No time for HBO.

Last edited:
It’s pretty easy. Losing sports altogether made people realize that they don’t care that much about sports after all. This includes the NFL. Just look at the TC threads. I think I saw a tumbleweed blow by in the Day 3 thread earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down