PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hard Knocks 2019- Raiders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard Knock Life, I guess.

Another dream ended/killed. NEXT!

Gruden is that someone who pats himself on the back and gives himself an "A" for the sheer effort it takes to smash a square through a circle hole.

There is a video of him somewhere, yelling at Simms for continually messing up the extremely complicated verbiage on a play call. And this was during a relaxed practice/walkthrough IIRC, not during the chaos of a live game.

In other words, putting players in positions to fail.

Facenda was a Philly newscaster for years and Ed Sabol of NFL Films ( based across the river in NJ) heard him discussing game highlights in a bar and that is how he got the gig..
John Facenda - Wikipedia

Gruden is that someone who pats himself on the back and gives himself an "A" for the sheer effort it takes to smash a square through a circle hole.

There is a video of him somewhere, yelling at Simms for continually messing up the extremely complicated verbiage on a play call. And this was during a relaxed practice/walkthrough IIRC, not during the chaos of a live game.

In other words, putting players in positions to fail.

I think he keeps players on their toes and that's fine.

My objection is his weakness with his star players, and how he tries to be everyone's best friend.

Seems phony and will get old when the team sucks.

After the 1st episode I read some unflattering takes on QB Derek Carr. How is he coming across after 3 shows?

After the 1st episode I read some unflattering takes on QB Derek Carr. How is he coming across after 3 shows?
As an insincere cornball. I don't get a leader vibe from him. He just seems like he tries too hard and it's transparent.

To follow up on my previous post.

That wasn't John Facenda in that clip doing the narration, it was somebody else.

I like Gruden he’s a good coach. But he needs to stop washing ABs balls and drop the hammer on him

To follow up on my previous post.

Eh. Seems like he’s been that guy for years.

A little campy? Sure. But I’ve seen worse from a QB.

I think Carr is OK.

He is an oddball, but led the team to a very successful season before getting hurt.

If anything, he's fragile.

I like Gruden he’s a good coach. But he needs to stop washing ABs balls and drop the hammer on him
I think Oak is huge for him. Never really started & finished anything. In terms of winning % he's barely above 500. Never showed the ability to build through the draft. Burned Tampa w bad picks.

We'll see how its goes & ends but in the short time he's been there the team looks like more of a joke.

I think Oak is huge for him. Never really started & finished anything. In terms of winning % he's barely above 500. Never showed the ability to build through the draft. Burned Tampa w bad picks.

We'll see how its goes & ends but in the short time he's been there the team looks like more of a joke.
He has never shown the ability to develop a quarterback or even really stick to one for any extended period of time for that matter. Brad Johnson, Chris Simms, Brian Griese, Bruce Gradkowski, Tim Rattay, Jeff Garcia, and Luke McCown all started games under Gruden's tenure. Out of all those guys none of them were "franchise" guys. He was always signing journeymen veterans or attempting to trade for over the hill vets like Favre and Jake Plummer and aside from Rich Gannon they never really worked out.
Now he shows up to a Raiders team that 2 years before he got there was a very good team with some solid young talent. He immediate trades Khalil Mack and Amari Cooper and then a year later pays a fortune for a tackle who has had one good year and a headcase receiver. He doesn't really seem to have a plan.

He has never shown the ability to develop a quarterback or even really stick to one for any extended period of time for that matter. Brad Johnson, Chris Simms, Brian Griese, Bruce Gradkowski, Tim Rattay, Jeff Garcia, and Luke McCown all started games under Gruden's tenure. Out of all those guys none of them were "franchise" guys. He was always signing journeymen veterans or attempting to trade for over the hill vets like Favre and Jake Plummer and aside from Rich Gannon they never really worked out.
Now he shows up to a Raiders team that 2 years before he got there was a very good team with some solid young talent. He immediate trades Khalil Mack and Amari Cooper and then a year later pays a fortune for a tackle who has had one good year and a headcase receiver. He doesn't really seem to have a plan.
No its been a shltshow since he got there. Alienated FO from day 1. Publicly talked out of both sides when he didn't have when addressing Mack & other team decisions.
Trade a HOF player & vg, young WR to over-draft Ferrell. He'll have to post similar #'s to Garrett or even worse Chubb who was a low-key DPOY prospect as a rookie.
Draft a RB top 25.
And Abram who I actually really like.

They're limping into Vegas big time. Actually feel bad for Raider fans. Their team is a joke & slowly being taken from them.

Interesting PFT story and comments about Hard Knocks.
In Pittsburgh the show had 3 times as many viewers as the national average.
One delusional Raiders fan commented how can we be considered a trainwreck when our record is 2-0.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
Back