PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gronk's Big Announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Life would be a bit easier for professional athletes if the rules were if u can buy it legally in all states then it is compliant. I can see restrictions on high school and ncaa but less in the pros. Eventually they need to ban pot regardless of states.

Agreed. Rampant opiate use is definitely the way to go, IMO.

I’ve not been diagnosed with anxiety but I have a stressful job. I directly oversee a team of 13 people and I’m also a green belt in Six Sigma perusing my black belt which means that I have to work on multiple $100k+ projects to earn and keep my certification. So the stress levels can be high. I don’t smoke or take edibles during the day during the week and mostly save it for when I get home. And I definitely don’t take edibles during the work week. I smoke a single hit out of the vape pen of a low CBD/high THC ratio which both helps with the pain (which, honestly, I can easily manage without the weed) and the stress. If it’s a weekend, the edibles they have here come in capsule form and I usually eat a 10mg indica. I can’t do that during the week because I have to get up at 5:00 AM to work out and the edibles just leave me feeling groggy and out of it when I need to be sharp and focused.

The pen was made for work imo. My life instantly got better a year and a half ago when I got access to cartridges.

The pen was made for work imo. My life instantly got better a year and a half ago when I got access to cartridges.
I can’t work while I’m high. If you do a lower level job then I could easily see it though. I did grunt work in a call center while I was in school and would have definitely smoked daily if legal medical weed was available back then and it was as easy to transport as a pen. That job SUCKED. Being high would have taken away the pain that I was doing something that repetitive and, ultimately, worthless back then.

Well I believe that he made a wise if out of the box choice. I think the kind of light that having someone like Gronk as a spokesman, will shine of the ugly side of " pain management" in the NFL will drive the league to "study"," decriminalize", and finally accept CBD and other cannibis type products as alternatives to opioids as soon as this next CBA.

Now IF that happens, then I would put the chances of Gronk coming back in 2020 at about 50-50. Just like Brady in some part plays to enhance is "brand". Gronk back in the league would enhance his brand as well. Besides, a season off for him might be just what is needed to reignite the passion for football he talked about today.

Time will tell, but it seems like he's in a good place right now, with a new challenge to engage him. Again, I'm thrilled this wasn't about the WWE or some B movie he's going to start filming in Malaysia

As much as I would like him to, do not see him ever coming back, he will go down in history as one of the greatest TE's ever and from I have been told and read he is financially savvy & subsequently has done quite well. It may be better for him to be employed as a CBD spokesman($$$) than to further inflict a toll on his already beat up body..

If he could influence the NFL to allow M, CBD and other derivatives to ease pain, that accomplishment would place him as an all time leader of innovative practice in the NFL, players would be forever indebted to him..

I’ve not been diagnosed with anxiety but I have a stressful job. I directly oversee a team of 13 people and I’m also a green belt in Six Sigma perusing my black belt which means that I have to work on multiple $100k+ projects to earn and keep my certification. So the stress levels can be high. I don’t smoke or take edibles during the day during the week and mostly save it for when I get home. And I definitely don’t take edibles during the work week. I smoke a single hit out of the vape pen of a low CBD/high THC ratio which both helps with the pain (which, honestly, I can easily manage without the weed) and the stress. If it’s a weekend, the edibles they have here come in capsule form and I usually eat a 10mg indica. I can’t do that during the week because I have to get up at 5:00 AM to work out and the edibles just leave me feeling groggy and out of it when I need to be sharp and focused.

0*ZSQGFDScrhOtpf3N.

Even if it’s juts a placebo effect who cares? If it gives someone in pain relief and isn’t hurting them then why not?

Cant wait for when Gronk comes back.

Makes complete sense. The Pats offense will be based on WRs and RBs this season. Defenses will have their hands full just defending this new Pats wrinkle. Then you add Gronk about 8 games in who can come in with the pressure off of him to carry the offense. Nothing but gravy for Gronk.

Cant wait for when Gronk comes back.

Makes complete sense. The Pats offense will be based on WRs and RBs this season. Defenses will have their hands full just defending this new Pats wrinkle. Then you add Gronk about 8 games in who can come in with the pressure off of him to carry the offense. Nothing but gravy for Gronk.

That would be nice but I wouldn't count on it.

Gronk was a great player, probably a first ballot HOFer. I'm a little tired of hearing about him now, though. There's football to watch!!!

Gronk was a great player, probably a first ballot HOFer. I'm a little tired of hearing about him now, though. There's football to watch!!!

From Gronks own mouth he said that he would return to the Pats.

Gronk wont say no to Brady when it comes down to it. The TE is light and some guys have 1 TE in the 53 plus Watson down the road. It is every bit of a perfect scenario for Gronks return since the Pats did not address the TE position with a high draft pick.

As much as I would like him to, do not see him ever coming back, he will go down in history as one of the greatest TE's ever and from I have been told and read he is financially savvy & subsequently has done quite well. It may be better for him to be employed as a CBD spokesman($$$) than to further inflict a toll on his already beat up body..

If he could influence the NFL to allow M, CBD and other derivatives to ease pain, that accomplishment would place him as an all time leader of innovative practice in the NFL, players would be forever indebted to him..
I see the possibility of Gronk coming back NEXT season, but with 2 provisos. First the NFL allows CBD and other MJ pain products. And 2nd, if he gets the "itch". Obviously he's a passionate and emotional guy. That kind of person will miss the comradery

Here's the thing. I only see Gronk coming back under 2 provisos. First the NFL allows MJ products as a pain therapy option. I think this will be possible in the current discussions of the new CBA, which will go into affect next season. IIRC the league is currently "studying" the possibility already. The 2nd is if Gronk gets that "itch" to play. Clearly he's a passionate and emotional guy. Give him a year to be be completely pain free and he MIGHT miss the locker room, teammates, game day, fans, etc.

It's just a shot, and I believe there would be NO chance unless #1 happens. As for #2 it would be 50-50 at best. One could say he has nothing left to accomplish, but the crowd and comradery of the locker room are sometimes more addictive than cocaine. Just sayin'

Eagerly waiting for CBD/Dunkin' crossover products.

BINGO! Some people must believe that if the same question is asked 100X, 1000X, or even 1,000,000X they will get the answer they want

Gronk drawing this out too far. Hook up with a Carnival. Stay retired. We don't need you. It's a myth. Gronk is pain free but this is painful to watch. Now go away. He was great and was paid great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back