PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gronk toying with us again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not even close.

Common sense tells me this isn't the way Gronk/NEP/Bill esp would go abt a comeback.

You really think they'll be announcing it on Twitter or Instagram??

This is the complete opposite of how NEP/Bill do business.

Furthermore Gronk looks like hes abt 220-235 at most. Again common sense tells us he's not close to a comeback.

He's retired & given absolutely no serious sign he's playing football again. That's on the fans, not him.

He's selling products & making a living. Nothing wrong w that at all.

The Brady video is over the top...he's playing us like fools and is having a good time doing it. It's not the proper way to promote your brand or be endearing to your fan base...

If he wants to sell stuff that's fine. Then just say that. Instead he's playing his football fans by talking about another announcement and hinting at his comeback by posting a Brady video.

I don't think he's coming back but look at some of the reactions here to his latest announcement. He's absolutely playing those fans. Do you think all those fans are lacking common sense but you aren't?
Again that's a "you" problem. Not Gronks.

Common sense sir.
1)He's clearly trying to stay relevant & push his brand. Pats DO NOT operate like this. That's beyond obvious.
2)He's lost a ton of weight. Dude was 270 & now looks abt 40lbs lighter at least.

And yes absolutely it's more then possible people are blinded. It's sports, I mean have you read the forum lol? Posters say crazy things all the time.

Since you disagreed can you please explain yourself concerning the statements I made above.

You really think Bill/NEP would allow this type of behavior for a comeback?

Big time weight loss.

Last edited:
Hey, if Gronk comes back maybe he can drag Tony Gonzalez with him!

The Brady video is over the top...he's playing us like fools and is having a good time doing it. It's not the proper way to promote your brand or be endearing to your fan base...
Just your opinion.

Plenty of other people that aren't bothered by it & aren't foolish enough to think he's coming back bc he's 230lbs.

The Pat's lost out on Jared Cook precisely because Gronk made his announcement of retirement late. Otherwise we would have gotten him.

Report: Patriots aggressively pursued TE Jared Cook

Cook visited here before New Orleans and I said if he left here without a contact kiss him goodbye.:rolleyes: Gronk owes us I wanted Noah Fant who's coming around instead of Harry before the Draft. Gronk handcuffed us on his late decision time for him to pay us back even for half the year.

Again that's a "you" problem. Not Gronks.

Common sense sir.
1)He's clearly trying to stat relevant & push his brand. Pats DO NOT operate like this. That's beyond obvious.
2)He's lost a ton of weight. Dude was 270 & now looks abt 40lbs lighter at least.

And yes absolutely it's more then possible people are blinded. It's sports, I mean have you read the forum lol? Posters say crazy things all the time.

Since you disagreed can you please explain yourself concerning the statements I made above.

You really think Bill/NEP would allow this type of behavior for a comeback?

Big time weight loss.

I disagree with the idea that Gronk isn't playing his fans. He's obviously doing that by the responses here, and I'm not talking about the crazies.

I don't think he's coming back either and I have no idea if BB or the NEP are involved in any way with a possible Gronk return. All I do know is that Gronk keeps making announcements and hinting that they're Pats related.

Anyway, I think that's it for me on Gronk Watch. I hope he does come back but I doubt that he is, just as you do.

Yes, nothing to see here.

Regards,
Chris

Last edited:
I don't think you're being sarcastic. Surely you don't think everyone who willing plays in the NFL is substituting $$$ for permanent physical and mental scarring? Maybe you do. In which case why do you watch these gladiatorial contests to contribute to the $$$ pot that you feel is akin to abuse. You should launch some protests against the NFL from an ethical viewpoint.
Are you too dense to get the point? Gronk retired specifically because injuries were threatening to make him a cripple later in life, and he'd had uncountable concussions (according to him).

He isn't 'everyone who plays in the NFL'.

Are you too dense to get the point? Gronk retired specifically because injuries were threatening to make him a cripple later in life, and he'd had uncountable concussions (according to him).

The above description sure sounds like most NFL players to me....

If we are all being realistic we would have to ask ourselves........why would he come back?

Would he be motivated for that fairytale ending of going out on top? NOPE, he already has that

Would he be motivated for another ring? His legacy is cemented. A fourth Super Bowl title really makes no difference to his legacy, especially one in which he was on the team for just the last quarter.

is it money? We all could use more money, but he seems like he's got plenty of revenue streams at the moment.

He's probably a terrible counter.

He won't come back.. Like many said just look at him, he's not in football shape.
I like that he is trying new career opportunities, but its enough with this teasing with the pats fans.. It got boring

He's probably a terrible counter.
After an unlimited amount of concussions, might as well just count the buckets of drool.

Nothing to see here

Yes, nothing to see here.

Regards,
Chris

st.jpg

I’ve never understood the mentality of stopping something that you’re doing better than you ever have.

I think he already explained that when he described being alone in his bed, crying in pain after the Superbowl last year. He wasn't having fun anymore, his body was breaking down and he wasn't passionate about the grind anymore

It was a perfect time for him to move on, albeit not very much for the Pats or us fans, but he doesn't owe us anything

One thing that just occurred to me:

If Gronk has been taking the CBD he's been promoting, wouldn't he likely fail an NFL drug screen? Wouldn't that effectively eliminate any likelihood that he'd even consider coming back, let alone that he'd be allowed to play if he did?

First pop for something like weed is done under the covers, no suspension or anything. We wouldn't even know if he failed one or not on the first one at least

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes