Not open for further replies.

Dingleberry

A master debater and a cunning linguist
PatsFans.com Supporter
NFL Picks Grand Champ!
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
2022 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
In case anyone missed it. I was expecting to get douche chills watching him. It was worse.

In fact, I would go so far as to say it was the worst off field performance ever by a Patriots' TE.

Every single time Gronk is in real life, he’s cringe worthy. “Next” when addressing AH on the couch with his family, pushing stupid products on the public, having intercourse with the wrestling ring, yo soy fiesta.... list goes on.

Only that one time he mentioned not spending any nfl money - that was smart. On the field : totally different story. Hard worker, productive, team player.

Sooooo ... a Gronking to forget?

He came off like a dork.

dont-quit-your-g57y4l.jpg

In case anyone missed it. I was expecting to get douche chills watching him. It was worse.

In fact, I would go so far as to say it was the worst off field performance ever by a Patriots' TE.
Without the on field dominance, Gronk's off field performance is cringe worthy.

I think as time goes on he'll become irrelevant I don't say that as a knock on Gronk. I think he has limited appeal outside of Patriot/football fans. Jason Powell of prowrestling.net summed it up best in my opinion (as a reference he's a Vikings fan)

"I loved watching Gronk on the football field. And I got a kick out of the random stories about his partying antics during the offseason. But I have no desire to watch him and Rawley act like douchey frat boys on WWE television. It’s painful to watch, but one can only assume that WWE will be going for notoriety by having Gronk win the WWE 24/7 Championship on tonight’s show."

From the moment he was introduced and came out dancing it pretty clear that they're playing up a certain character type for him.

He's done plenty of cringe stuff but his character is supposed to be a cringey frat boy, so it doesn't bother me.

So Gronk is a bad guy who will lose everywhere he goes?

Gronk just won another title before Brady and Belichick.

If the WWE doesn't work out, he can always fall back on his previous gig.

So part of the reason why he quit football was the toll it took on his body....but then joined an industry where it may even take a harder toll on it's talent's body more so than football.

Whatever.

Whats his WWE handle?

The Manchild.

thoroughly embarrassing

Gronk being a dud in the WWE is the least surprising thing ever.

Big Gronk fan when on the Pats. I'm SO over him. Wish him the best though & supported his correct decision to retire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes