SOURCE:Patriots.com

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: Lions
Thu
Aug 8th
Right Now At PatsFans.com:
Solid Draft
The Patriots walked away with 10 pretty solid additions coming off draft weekend, injecting some youth into the Super Bowl champs' roster.

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

GoT Season 8

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by maust1013, Apr 23, 2019.

?

Who falls at the Battle of Winterfell

1. Beric Dundarion

2. Brienne of Tarth

3. Davos

4. Edd

5. Gendry

6. Grey Worm and/or Missandei

7. Jamie

8. Theon

9. Sam and/or Gilly

10. Varys

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. ArchAngel007

ArchAngel007 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +3,087
    I dont think Rhageal is dead. Euron looked scared in the trailer for the next episode to a dragon screech when he shouldn't be if it's just Drogon. He knows he can damage them so why the shock?

Unless of course they finally decided to put some armor on Drogon ha

2. everlong

everlong Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +4,402
  3. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Florida Man PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +46,412
    Bran was about as verbose and detail oriented in this episode as BB in a press conference. Nothing to say about Euron’s ambush (the game plan) but very much willing to talk about his wheelchair (a special teams play in 1988).

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +19,660
  5. venecol

venecol PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3,936
    • Like Like x 1
  6. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Florida Man PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +46,412
    Did I just watch a snuff film?

7. YOUGOTMOSSED

YOUGOTMOSSED In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +5,516
    The show went downhill after season 4 so this makes sense. I have to keep watching to see how this turns out but I'm not really enjoying it all that much . . . I just need closure.

8. Ice_Ice_Brady

Ice_Ice_Brady PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +19,377
    Lol...it’s WORSE than Dexter.

Fck these morons who wrote this and wasted hours of my life expecting something that wasn’t a D-minus action film. Every stupid cliche, moronic plot device, unrealistic, pointless fight scene, buffoonish shock, and lazy writing makes this a total embarrassment. The two show runners afterwards talking about the show are like the Emperors without Clothes. They don’t even realize that they just ruined what could have been the greatest show ever.

Before the show I joked to my wife that SB46 showed up on my DVR and quickly deleted it. Now I’m not sure which I would have preferred watching.

GoT legacy. Epic show with even more epic failed ending. I feel bad for all the cast members and crew who dedicated 7 years of their lives to this. Two total morons completely fcked them the second they didn’t have the actual books to use. Revealed themselves as total hacks without a clue.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. QuantumMechanic

QuantumMechanic Burn it all down! PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +14,206
    In the off chance that Martin actually finishes the books, I suspect he’ll also have Dany be Little Miss Massive War Crime. I don’t think that’s something D&D made up.

And unlike the Dany defenders out there, I think this has been hinted at for years and isn’t unexpected at all. That said, the writing could have been way better leading up to it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. everlong

Ratings:
    +4,402
    With all of the War of the Roses historical fiction comparisons to the characters Dani definitely jumped from Elizabeth the first to full blown Genghis Khan.

11. QuantumMechanic

QuantumMechanic Burn it all down! PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +14,206
    I wonder how a different Elizabeth now feels about that tweet of hers implicitly talking herself up as another Dany.

12. maust1013

maust1013 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +9,686
  13. everlong

Ratings:
    +4,402
    If that really happened it would have been Elizabeth the second not the first.

14. Ice_Ice_Brady

Ice_Ice_Brady PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +19,377
    I’m sure GRRM had Dany going Queen of Ashes the entire time, but I’m also quite sure he would have used one of many potential moral conflicts to frame the event. She could have massacred innocents in as a justification to gain the throne, rather than for the sake of just doing it for insanity after she had already won the battle. GRRM is probably humiliated that these two yo-yos misinterpreted her heel turn and made the show’s biggest character a one-dimensional sadist/tyrant instead of someone who lost her way in how much she was willing to give up - everything she stood for - to claim the iron throne. GoT characters have always been complex characters who have their own reasons for doing good and evil things. There wasn’t a reason to do the most evil thing on a massive scope like this, and especially from a character whose moral compass has been a main focus of the show. Are you actually buying this episode as something consistent with GRRM’s vision?

15. JayNM

JayNM In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +3,793
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. everlong

Ratings:
    +4,402
    GRRM is counting his coin and could care less what HBO did. Instead of finishing this series "he's" been pumping out the graphic novel about GOT. They're easy because everybody else, like the TV show, does the work and all he does is approve it. The end of this series will never be seen unless it's by one of his famous understudies like Daniel Abraham. GRRM is on record as saying he doesn't want anybody finishing it but it could still happen. It won't be like Robert Jordan's wife (Wheel of Time) reaching out to Brandon Sanderson to finish it.

17. Zuma

Zuma Happy GOT Endings PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,965
    I'm very happy with GOT season 8 so far. Daenerys has been repeating over and over since season 1 how she was going to torch anything that gets in her way. I guess we had to wait till season 8 for that to happen. Deffo looking forward to this Sunday to see how it all plays out.

Last edited: May 15, 2019
  18. A Defiant Goose

A Defiant Goose In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +5,271
    I also have liked season 8. It wasn't spectacular but considering (their own self-imposed) time constraints and there only being 6 episodes everything was bound to feel a little rushed. Episode 5 has been the best one of the season so far and people still hated it. Whatever

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Nikolai

Nikolai Football Atheist PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +8,547
    I didn't have a huge issue with episode 5 or this season as a whole, but I recognize that it's all very rushed. Unfortunately, the type of fandom this show inspires means that people start predicting things and get disappointed when they don't come to pass. I know I've had a couple of those moments.

Overall, I'm good with Dany becoming the Mad Queen. I started predicting that when she mercilessly crucified the nobility, the guilty and the innocent. She's always had it in her, and she's always good at separating herself from her more evil decisions; something in common with many of the most murderous despots in history. It's the slavers' fault, it's the witch's fault, and in this episode, she makes her decision to rule through "fear" because Jon rejected her...as if him ****ing his aunt to make her happy would have avoided the coming slaughter. I like what they did with her character, but the wave carrying us there was a tsunami rather than the gentle current we're used to with the show.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. maust1013

maust1013 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +9,686
    Overall I agree there have been more than enough red flags that Dany was given to the kind of extremes and occasional gear stripping that foreshadowed madness never being all that far away. I think the fatal flaw in this past episode is how it was triggered. Looking at the Red Keep with the bells ringing she suddenly lost it and wiped out a city full of innocents rather than just focusing on it's destruction??? The writers could have had her snap after seeing Missandei lose her head and we all would have bought it. Perhaps they could have held her execution at the beginning of the battle or had Dany see her severed head displayed and lost it. It's the whole overarching "We need to this to happen so it does regardless of whether it's sensible or suits the character's backstory" aspect of the writing this season and last that's pissed so many folks off. The show has become a victim of of the expectations set by its previous seasons and the fan buy in that made it so special. It's not so much that it's crap TV the production values are still outstanding (other than lighting and the occasional coffee cup) but rather that it is crap GoT.

• Agree Agree x 1