SOURCE:NESN

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: Giants
Thu
Aug 29th
Right Now At PatsFans.com:
Strong Showing
Another dominating defensive performance by the Patriots as they continue to look strong during their win Thursday night over Carolina.

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

GoT Season 8

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by maust1013, Apr 23, 2019.

?

Who falls at the Battle of Winterfell

1. Beric Dundarion

2. Brienne of Tarth

3. Davos

4. Edd

5. Gendry

6. Grey Worm and/or Missandei

7. Jamie

8. Theon

9. Sam and/or Gilly

10. Varys

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Florida Man PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +48,195
    Down goes another dragon.

• Love Love x 1
  2. everlong

everlong Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +4,530
    That entire fleet is lined up blocking the bay in tight quarters and yet it never occurs to Dani once the first dragon goes down to fly around the back and see if they have arbalists in the stern as well? Perhaps fly over the cliffs to afford protection and then burn the mothers as you fly over? I didn't see any on the side.

Sorry there have been more stupid things just to keep things balanced and the battle plans have been crap. For all the talk of how smart some of these people are and how well they plot they only ones keeping it together are Sansa and Arya.

I did love Arya saying that's not me again. Loved Sansa using her Littlefinger lessons to get the ball rolling with Tyrion.

I was betting on Jaime killing Cersei but with Arya heading south I'm not as sure. Dani is going down and John will be king. The amount of people going back behind the wall and fading out of the story is interesting, a new night king? Bran? Sam? Sam's son John......?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. maust1013

maust1013 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +11,267
    I thought the same thing, between the disposition of the ships and the surroundings she should have had no trouble roasting them. Along with that, apparently battle planning and the concept of scouting ahead is still completely foreign to...everyone. Hey, let's head down to fight the 'last war' and leave the human spy satellite back in Winterfell.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: May 6, 2019
  4. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +48,195
    And the Wildlings. Sure, let’s send them north of the Wall again when we’re short on men. And then charge into battle with an army that needs time to rest and recoup. Yeah. That’s the ticket. We’re very much seeing the negative effect of only have six episodes to hash out so much plot that they have to sacrifice said plot to get some of the ancillary characters out of the way (it’s almost as if they had a huge battle in the last episode that could have done that for them, though) to focus on the main ones. Dany, I think, is going to end up getting killed by Jon as she is succumbing to the Targaryen madness.

5. Steve:Section 102

Steve:Section 102 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +2,296
    Couple things from last night:
    • Loved the scene with Jon getting his balls busted/roasted by the troops in the hall. He's the prince that was promised. He knows it now, deep down.
    • A little irritated that they are in "hurry up and get this over mode." Could've easily had a 1-2 month time jump. I get that it's chitty plot devise, but rushing in was dumb. Agree that they could've just killed these folks off instead of having them march off to oblivion.
    • Freakin' Jamie. He's eff'd no matter what. Stay in the north under exile, and someone kills him off. Go to Cercei, and she kills him off.
    • Didn't see the Rhaeghal's death coming. With that said, freakin' Dany could have, you know, OPENED HER EYES and seen Euron's ships, because he obviously had line of sight to get the shot off. Dumb.
    • What the hell is she gonna do with a couple dozen Unsullied? Dumb. Did she leave them hiding somewhere.
    • Have zero problem with Missandei's death. The Mad Queen is on the loose, and she's woken up the other Mad Queen now. Jon will be the last man standing.
    My guess is that the thing with the Lannisters ends next week, and then it's the Starks vs. whats left of Dany and her supporters.

• Like Like x 1
  6. maust1013

Ratings:
    +11,267
    At least that one (along with duplicating Joffrey's mistake of taking a head better saved to bargain with) shows Dany/Jon aren't the only whose tactics suck out loud. Seriously, your arch enemy is out there exposed on a plain with only a fistful of Unsullied around her and with 20k mercenaries and whatever is left of her Westerosi troops she doesn't at least take a run at her? It's not like Cersei would be concerned with the casualties. How fast can Dany get on that dragon, could calvary get to her 1st? No wagon mounted ballistas? Wildfire launching trebuchets?

7. QuantumMechanic

QuantumMechanic Burn it all down! PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +14,444
    He's not going to Cersei, he's going to kill Cersei (whether or not he succeeds is another story).

I think he was fine staying at Winterfell with Brienne until he heard things weren't going well for the allied forces. That made him decide he needed to head south and (do his best to) make sure Cersei died. He told Brienne the stuff he did (which is admittedly true) because (a) he didn't want her coming along/following him and get killed, (b) so she wouldn't mourn him if he got killed, and (c) he's got enough self-hatred going on that he got back to the place where he doesn't feel he deserves her.

8. QuantumMechanic

Ratings:
    +14,444
    They're setting us up to think Arya will kill (or try to kill) Cersei. But what if it's actually Dany she's going to do in?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +48,195
    Very probable since she decided to pack up and ride out with The Hound after hearing about Jon's true lineage.

10. Steve:Section 102

Ratings:
    +2,296
    I still think Arya is gonna off Cercei wearing Jamie's face.

11. maust1013

Ratings:
    +11,267
    Green eyes?

12. Steve:Section 102

Ratings:
    +2,296
    Maybe? Who knows. Her and the Hound riding south to settle scores... Maybe they end up riding off together in a weird father / daughter relationship. Perhaps she rides off to Gendry?

13. maust1013

Ratings:
    +11,267

Ever since Melisandre told Arya, “I see a darkness in you. And in that darkness, eyes staring back at me: brown eyes, blue eyes, green eyes. Eyes you’ll shut forever” back in season 3 I sort of felt it would be Arya that got Cersei. Other thoughts as to who it might be have come and gone but that one has always lingered. Now that she got the NK I have my doubts. Are they really giving Arya the 2 biggest kills in the series?

14. Steve:Section 102

Ratings:
    +2,296
    I think so. I think it's a case that for 7 seasons, the Starks got their asses kicked. Now, here at the end, they are coming back.

Another complaint I have is that the writers tend to write scripts like a 28-3 comeback. Night King is drawing his weapon to kill Bran and Boom! Oberryn is monologueing when he's got the Mountain dead and Boom! Lannisters are pulling in to KL with the gold and BOOM! The battle of the bastards is lost and BOOM here comes the Knights of the Vail. Littlefinger got his in a surprise. It's predictable. I am still entertained but... It's kinda lazy.

15. BaconGrundleCandy

BaconGrundleCandy Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +8,479
    Jamie left Bre outside in the cold lol

Arya had Gendry on his knees lol.

Giantsbane was crushed lol

Actually loved seeing Dany vulnerable w Jon.

Arya & the Hound scenes from years ago are even better now. There gold. Easily 2 of my top 5.

Varys & Tyrion lol. Jesus they might be 2 of the smartest, cleverest people breathing but have f up this assualt to KL one is dying.

Bronn lol. Hes done f'in about. Dude is going to be a player.

16. BaconGrundleCandy

BaconGrundleCandy Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +8,479
  17. venecol

venecol PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +4,332
    I don't know, it'd be pretty brutal for him to kill his own sister, the woman he loves and is carrying his child. Maybe but I doubt it. Maybe he tries and gets killed instead. They set him up by painting him as a horrid person (by his own admission).

18. venecol

Ratings:
    +4,332
    Why would she? She defended Jon's decision to bow to the Dragon Queen and acknowledged that without her help they would not have survived. Dany isn't on her list.

I thought a Stark would kill Cersi but after she killed both Missandei and her dragon baby it should be Dany that kills her.

Maybe Jon? I mean he hasn't done sh1t aside from dying.

19. QuantumMechanic

Ratings:
    +14,444
    And then immediately followed that by saying she didn't trust Dany.

20. venecol

Ratings:
    +4,332
    Sure but is that a reason to kill her? Dany's done nothing but help the Starks. Cersei has done nothing but try to destroy them. You may be right but I would be shocked and pissed because I like them both.