PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Goondell and NFCCG refs required to testify in Saints Lawsuit

I don’t understand the question. The on field official made the call - or, I should say, the non-call. This was not (at the time) a reviewable play so NY had no say in that non-penalty.
You’re *assuming* that. Maybe the onfield refs had been instructed to favor the Rams. Maybe in near real-time via the NYC link. (Do you know how that link works?) That’s why you have discovery, document production, and depositions — to see what might be going on.

(Now, do I think any of that happened? No. But that also doesn’t mean we — or especially the finder of fact in the case — should just assume it didn’t.)

(Now, do I think any of that happened? No. But that also doesn’t mean we — or especially the finder of fact in the case — should just assume it didn’t.)

I feel one of the problems with accepting this was a simple officiating error is accepting the level of incompetence involved for that to be the truth. No less than 4 officials were in a position to see the penalty. The near sideline official can be seen staring right at it happening. It kind of throws the usual Occam's and Hanlon's Razor type excuses we apply to officiating mistakes out the window when they are as mutually opposed as they seem to be in this case.

You’re *assuming* that. Maybe the onfield refs had been instructed to favor the Rams. Maybe in near real-time via the NYC link. (Do you know how that link works?) That’s why you have discovery, document production, and depositions — to see what might be going on.
Yes, but you can't mandate discovery based on the most ridiculous, outlandish conspiracy theories with absolutely no substantiating evidence, especially from someone who arguably doesn't even have standing in the first place. There's gotta be something there before the law forces a man to answer questions under oath against his will.

Some of the worst schooling in the country down in Louisiana, but let’s waste resources on a game that Brees could have cancelled out had he been on the Brady standard of pulling out a win in a tough predicament.

Maybe the league will have a presentation before the opener and award Brees a paper certificate for Alternative Super Bowl 53 Champion.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back