PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Good article on Cole Strange

'A freak among the freaks': Cole Strange's athleticism wows his trainer and Patriots coach​

I sure hope his athleticism translates to the field of play. And please don't tell me that he learned that backwards roll from being knocked backwards by his opponents. :)

I think that the fact that Strange does jiujitsu is going to help him a LOT. Just like wrestling helped Stephen Neal.
I'm very excited to see him in pads and seeing how well he performs. Wouldn't be surprised if he's right up there with Onwenu from Day 1. I really think that the inside running game is going to get a boost because of him and Onwenu on either side of Andrews.

I think that the fact that Strange does jiujitsu is going to help him a LOT. Just like wrestling helped Stephen Neal.
I'm very excited to see him in pads and seeing how well he performs. Wouldn't be surprised if he's right up there with Onwenu from Day 1. I really think that the inside running game is going to get a boost because of him and Onwenu on either side of Andrews.

So a kid who played guard in Div 2, is suddenly going to be a LT in the NFL?

He is lucky he literally has no competition for the guard job, unless the kid from LSU beats him out.

Man who gets paid by Strange, says good things about how well he is doing the job Strange is paying him for.
One can look at his measurables from the combine and immediately see he is an athletic freak.

One can look at his game tape from the Senior Bowl and against bigger schools and see he is really good at his job.

Any real talent evaluator had Strange high on their board, clowns like Mel Kiper and Colon Cowturd have no clue how to evaluate talent.

The thought of rolling with that monster is utterly terrifying. Good that he’s doing bjj though. There’s a lot of hand fighting involved that correlates well to playing on the line. Fantastic for conditioning too.

The thought of rolling with that monster is utterly terrifying. Good that he’s doing bjj though. There’s a lot of hand fighting involved that correlates well to playing on the line. Fantastic for conditioning too.
But.. But.. But.. Capt. Says that Strange wasn't worth the pick and even Strange thinks so because Strange thought his friends were pranking him.. :whistle:

I think he could play anywhere but is best served inside. We have a pocket passer, keep him clean.
I seem to recall the OTs getting beat around the edge. Wynn gave up the most sacks of all NE OL with 9.

Arent the ends the easiest place to attack? Once you get by the OT its clear sailing.

So a kid who played guard in Div 2, is suddenly going to be a LT in the NFL?

He is lucky he literally has no competition for the guard job, unless the kid from LSU beats him out.
Wynn played G at Georgia and is now an LT.

Lots of great HOF NFL players didnt play for big schools.

I sure hope his athleticism translates to the field of play. And please don't tell me that he learned that backwards roll from being knocked backwards by his opponents. :)
If he does, he'll just roll backwards and pop up right back up to block them a little further back

The mediots are spinning this “strange” pick with more ferocity than a political pr guy would after his candidate was caught in bed with a sheep!

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back