PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

GM LOUNGE

Was great last year on FGs <50. Cannot kick-off. I’d prefer not to use punter on KOs. There will be competition.
Yeah, he had some clutch kicks..loved it, i think we could add one via udfa for competition since RA at our PS hasn't lived up to expectations so far either and Folk is on the wrong side of 30

Was great last year on FGs <50. Cannot kick-off. I’d prefer not to use punter on KOs. There will be competition.
Why are you against the p kicking off?

Anyone scouting kickers?

The prospects that could've been drafted and might've helped here that this incompetent buffoon of a draft weekend grocery-shopper bypassed in favor of rancid garbage such as the Waterpipe & Straight Cassh Malulu...

Here a quick look of how DL depth went from 2016 (approximately):

NT Branch > Shelton > B.Allen > Godchaux
DT M.Brown > Brown > Guy > C.Davis ?
DT/DE ...-x- > Guy > A.Butler > Anderson
NT/DT2 rot. Valentine (RJF) > x > C.Davis ?
DT depth Hamilton/Kilgo (PS) > Cowart/Adams/(Spence)

From 2016 when NE had arguably best DL play in last 5 years the unit was becoming lighter and weaker/depleted.
While we had some higher hopes in rebuilding/upgrading the former strength it still looks to go in the right direction.
If Carl Davis could finally have a season where he actually cared about being a professional then even the unit as it is could be sneaky strong as in 2016.
He reminds me quite a bit of Valentine potential in 2016/17(size+skill set / inj. concerns)...

Fixed the last paragraph...And Vinnie Valentine had ZERO potential in 2016/17...Another terrible over-draft by Billy.

CAP INTERMEZZO

After 2 bigger remaining contracts reported (T.Brown, Karras) - taking away some 10M Cap Space as predicted - NE has some 14M cap space left.

Two contracts are still missing: Adams (reported at 1y/2.5M max) & McMillan (1y). Taking TOP 51 rule into account they should not lower the number significantly.

Current draft picks should take about 3M - but this # can/will change.
(trade up to #4,5 would cost some additional 3M)

They can create additional cap space with cuts, trades, restructures and extensions.

CAP INTERMEZZO

After 2 bigger remaining contracts reported (T.Brown, Karras) - taking away some 10M Cap Space as predicted - NE has some 14M cap space left.

Two contracts are still missing: Adams (reported at 1y/2.5M max) & McMillan (1y). Taking TOP 51 rule into account they should not lower the number significantly.

Current draft picks should take about 3M - but this # can/will change.
(trade up to #4,5 would cost some additional 3M)

They can create additional cap space with cuts, trades, restructures and extensions.

and we are finally fully up to date - back to work :)

@BaconGrundleCandy

Don't know if you managed to follow our DL discussion here but one position i feel most certain atm they will Draft is DT.

Since Godchaux is paid to play for 2y & Anderson cheap as you go i feel they might go for 1-5T rather than big nose in early rounds.
Maybe a flyer on one of the big noses in 7th, UDFA.

Have you thought already about this?

Watched a bit of Togiai they met with and he could be there in the 3rd range, maybe eve later?
He could fit well & complement well with what they have on the roster..
Id still prefer Nixon, McNeill but #46 might be reserved for DB again :)

Togiai or Wilson or somebody else for you in the 3rd? Osa?

btw - do you think Adams can turn it around here?

Last edited:
I think that now is the time to go to work on the bottom of the roster and improve our depth.

Veteran Minimum Salary Benefit deals allow us to pay older players more money than they count against the cap. Combne that with the Rule of 51 and these deals will barely impact the cap. You have to account for all bonuses that are capped at around 65K, but otherwise signing veterans at this point to this type of deal costs very little in cap terms.

With 78'ish players on the roster the issue is really churning the bottom of the roster to make room for any player that you want to bring in.

Yeah, he had some clutch kicks..loved it, i think we could add one via udfa for competition since RA at our PS hasn't lived up to expectations so far either and Folk is on the wrong side of 30
Kickers play until they are 50 ;) :rofl:

@BaconGrundleCandy

Don't know if you managed to follow our DL discussion here but one position i feel most certain atm they will Draft is DT.

Since Godchaux is paid to play for 2y & Anderson cheap as you go i feel they might go for 1-5T rather than big nose in early rounds.
Maybe a flyer on one of the big noses in 7th, UDFA.

Have you thought already about this?

Watched a bit of Togiai they met with and he could be there in the 3rd range, maybe eve later?
He could fit well & complement well with what they have on the roster..
Id still prefer Nixon, McNeill but #46 might be reserved for DB again :)

Togiai or Wilson or somebody else for you in the 3rd? Osa?

btw - do you think Adams can turn it around here?

Or maybe one of your WFT DTs comes here after all @BaconGrundleCandy ;)

Maybe not Allen or Payne but Settle for Harry could be in play..

Showed up in front of BB..

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back