Gillette Stadium will have fans in 2021

2020 Patriots Season:
Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: N/A

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

IllegalContact

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
It wasn't "them" as in a reporter reporting on it. It was an op-ed written by Dr Markay John Hopkins leading health expert who also happens to be a surgeon and an author. But Dr. Fauci just moved the field goal posts again. So I am sure sheep will argue John Hopkins is a **** university and hospital that has no clue about medicine or pandemics. Hail Fauci!
Not at all.....I will argue that for every Markay, there’s countless at least as highly regarded Drs with the opposite opinion.....it only takes one opinion for the fickle to run with it

IllegalContact

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Hope so too, but the correction is coming hard and fast. Don’t listen to the bulls on Fox Business/CNBC, etc. Since the election, the only stuff I’m holding is small cap, long-term, and some ETFs to hedge against this volatility. Just playing the waiting game otherwise.

Still got ****ed today, though. I’d imagine everyone but the hedge funds did. I looked at my watch lists at one point and everything was red. Literally all of it. Time to pivot the retirement portfolios toward bonds and mutual funds if you haven’t already done so.
I’m still up quite a bit this year.....we’ve just had a correction

denverpatsfan

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly NFL Picks Winner
yup .... and if Texas turns blue, it’s over for GQP

That migration pattern has been around for decades....tell me something new

so people who can’t cut it in one place go somewhere cheaper....you get what you pay for
It happened in Colo. It's happening in GA. It will happen in TX next.

KontradictioN

Probably the nicest guy on the forum
PatsFans.com Supporter

Hey! I’ve seen this episode before. This is a rerun.

denverpatsfan

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter

God Bless America. Fahrenheit 451. Burn baby Burn...

IllegalContact

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter

that might be believable if it were ocean beach in San Francisco, but nobody’s having a book burning on ocean beach in San Diego

try to be more discerning with what you post

that said, if it was ok to cancel the Indigo Girls, French fries, and Colin Kaepernick, then nobody should be complaining about canceling anything

there is also value in noting that the Seuss books that were taken out of print/circulation were not part of any pressure or initiative. The organization that controls Seuss writing made the decision in their own just as hasbro did with potato head

Last edited:

KontradictioN

PatsFans.com Supporter
that might be believable if it were ocean beach in San Francisco, but nobody’s having a book burning on ocean beach in San Diego

try to be more discerning with what you post

that said, if it was ok to cancel the Indigo Girls, French fries, and Colin Kaepernick, then nobody should be complaining about canceling anything
The ad is real. Whether anyone showed up or not, I don’t know. Kaepernick didn’t get canceled. Check out his net worth over the last ten years.

KontradictioN

PatsFans.com Supporter
there is also value in noting that the Seuss books that were taken out of print/circulation were not part of any pressure or initiative. The organization that controls Seuss writing made the decision in their own just as hasbro did with potato head

Yeah, I don’t have an issue with companies making a decision about their own intellectual property. They own it and that’s their call. The people upset about Dr. Seuss, Mr. Potato Head, and Lola Bunny need to get a life. What I don’t like is the idea of burning books. Any of them. Historically, the people behind burning books are not good people. I also don’t think anyone should be canceled for what they say or do unless they’re breaking some kind of law. The irony is that the most vicious in Cancel Culture, those deciding what minorities should and should not be offended by, are mostly white. Many are suburban white women.

Nikolai

Football Atheist
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Judging by this thread and the wider political discourse in our country, it's time for political party affiliation to fall under "religious preference".

IllegalContact

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Yeah, I don’t have an issue with companies making a decision about their own intellectual property. They own it and that’s their call. The people upset about Dr. Seuss, Mr. Potato Head, and Lola Bunny need to get a life. What I don’t like is the idea of burning books. Any of them. Historically, the people behind burning books are not good people. I also don’t think anyone should be canceled for what they say or do unless they’re breaking some kind of law. The irony is that the most vicious in Cancel Culture, those deciding what minorities should and should not be offended by, are mostly white. Many are suburban white women.
Book burning is pure anger

that said, I think someone posted that as a joke.....we shall see

IllegalContact

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Judging by this thread and the wider political discourse in our country, it's time for political party affiliation to fall under "religious preference".

politics and religion are both for suckers bless you’re the profiting from it

KontradictioN

PatsFans.com Supporter
Book burning is pure anger

that said, I think someone posted that as a joke.....we shall see
It’s either legit, a joke, or some far right nut job trying to get as many of the people he hates in one place in order to cut them down with an AR. Book burning should not be something that’s allowed to be excused, IMO. History has taught us that it’s been used for nefarious reasons and the education system has already been watered down enough in this country - placing more of an importance on standardized testing than actual learning in the classroom.

KontradictioN

PatsFans.com Supporter
I think the discourse in this thread has been pretty respectful and educational thus far. A few hiccups here and there, but mostly a productive thread.

IllegalContact

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
It’s either legit, a joke, or some far right nut job trying to get as many of the people he hates in one place in order to cut them down with an AR. Book burning should not be something that’s allowed to be excused, IMO. History has taught us that it’s been used for nefarious reasons and the education system has already been watered down enough in this country - placing more of an importance on standardized testing than actual learning in the classroom.
That’s quite a shift of lanes

that’s quite a generalization about the education system in this country .... if MA was its own country, it would be conptetitive with any public system in the world. There are lots of areas that have great schools and there are lots of areas that are basically 3rd world .... regardless, anyone who counts on someone else to be the primary educator of their children gets what they ask for ... parents are responsible for the failings of their children

KontradictioN

PatsFans.com Supporter
That’s quite a shift of lanes

that’s quite a generalization about the education system in this country .... if MA was its own country, it would be conptetitive with any public system in the world. There are lots of areas that have great schools and there are lots of areas that are basically 3rd world .... regardless, anyone who counts on someone else to be the primary educator of their children gets what they ask for ... parents are responsible for the failings of their children
Agree on the role of parenting in a child’s education. But the No Child Left Behind act and Obama’s subsequent follow-up placed too much of an emphasis on standardized testing and not enough emphasis on class time. One suffers so another can happen since there are only so many hours in a day. My wife is a speech pathologist in the school systems. She works in an elementary school. These kids have been testing for two straight weeks and missing class time and therapy sessions. Testing shouldn’t be taken out altogether but an over-emphasis on testing isn’t good. You went to college so you know as well as I do that all you do for a test is memorize the material enough to regurgitate it. Most of the learning takes place during lectures in a class setting.