Search

Gillette Stadium will have fans in 2021

2020 Patriots Season:
Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: N/A

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

FCB02062

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Per Charlie Parker, beginning on 3/22, Gillette will be "allowed" 12% capacity, so based on the football capacity of 65,878, you're looking at 7,905 lucky souls who get to watch Cam Newton part deux strut his stuff....perhaps this # grows to 25% by opening day

REOPENING MA: Concert and wedding venues, sports stadiums will soon reopen

obviously, if one person ends up in the ICU Charlie Parker and the powers that be will roll the state back to Phase 1 step 1 and order us all inside for another year....

XLIX

Pro Bowl Player
Per Charlie Parker, beginning on 3/22, Gillette will be "allowed" 12% capacity, so based on the football capacity of 65,878, you're looking at 7,905 lucky souls who get to watch Cam Newton part deux strut his stuff....perhaps this # grows to 25% by opening day
I would be extremely disappointed if this number grows to only 25% by opening. There should be full capacity in September.

Boston Boxer

U.S. Air Force Retired
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly NFL Picks Winner
I would be extremely disappointed if this number grows to only 25% by opening. There should be full capacity in September.
I doubt we are back to full capacity in 2021...more like sept 2022. Need everyone vaccinated and doing what they can now so get past this pandemic.

XLIX

Pro Bowl Player
I doubt we are back to full capacity in 2021...more like sept 2022.
You're probably right for Massachusetts but I bet some states allow full capacity.
Need everyone vaccinated and doing what they can now so get past this pandemic.
Well, we are never going to get everyone vaccinated and we are never going to (permanently) reduce deaths to zero.... so people are going to have to figure out what level of deaths they are comfortable with in a fully functioning society.

KontradictioN

Probably the nicest guy on the forum
PatsFans.com Supporter
Cool, a thread posted as an excuse for people who have spent the entire pandemic being wrong about safety measures to complain about safety measures.
We have a lower death rate than California and New York and we’ve been fully open for months. Our state economy is also booming. Meanwhile, check out the jobless rates in Cali, Colorado, New Mexico, New York, and Connecticut. People are at work (I’m posting this from my cell phone in my office as we speak), our kids are in school instead of slowly succumbing to brain rot while **** talking their teachers on Zoom as their mother walks around in her bra and underwear with a Marlboro Red 100 sticking out of her mouth. California had some of the strictest safety measures in place and they’re getting smoked while running to big daddy Federal Government to beg for a handout. No biggie. I mean we’re already $3 trillion over budget and it’s only February. What’s another trill?

FCB02062

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Given the sway that the Red Sox have in this state I don't see this # staying at 12% past when "school", or whatever the public schools are calling their 4 hours a week of in person instruction call it these days, gets out. Point being that once school gets out, as long I can remember going back to the early 80s, Fenway is packed to the gills every night before the Red Sox are out of it come mid August, if they're a bad team (based on the last 2 seasons and past history). I'm sure Henry, Werner, etc are lobbying or will be lobbying Charlie Parker and/or whoever the mayor is at that point to get at least a half full house on Lansdowne St.
Realistically, and based on the political realities in MA, folks should not get their hopes up for much more than 50% capacity at Gillette IF THAT, come September.

Calhoun44

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Given the sway that the Red Sox have in this state I don't see this # staying at 12% past when "school", or whatever the public schools are calling their 4 hours a week of in person instruction call it these days, gets out. Point being that once school gets out, as long I can remember going back to the early 80s, Fenway is packed to the gills every night before the Red Sox are out of it come mid August, if they're a bad team (based on the last 2 seasons and past history). I'm sure Henry, Werner, etc are lobbying or will be lobbying Charlie Parker and/or whoever the mayor is at that point to get at least a half full house on Lansdowne St.
Realistically, and based on the political realities in MA, folks should not get their hopes up for much more than 50% capacity at Gillette IF THAT, come September.
I don't know I've seen some encouraging reports of the virus being almost wiped out by December, so numbers could be really low by September. Siht, one Dr. even thought it could be mostly gone by April. If that Dr. is right then the last President was only off by a year. Not bad considering the source. I think if everyone who wants the virus has the access to it, then I think we should open things up. For the people that don't want to take the vaccine, they can isolate or roll the dice. But for anyone who wants the vaccine and is waiting, we should make sure we don't open up too early until there is enough vaccines to those who want it.

Also, I wonder how full stadiums would be even if they opened it up to 100%?

KontradictioN

PatsFans.com Supporter
I don't know I've seen some encouraging reports of the virus being almost wiped out by December, so numbers could be really low by September. Siht, one Dr. even thought it could be mostly gone by April. If that Dr. is right then the last President was only off by a year. Not bad considering the source. I think if everyone who wants the virus has the access to it, then I think we should open things up. For the people that don't want to take the vaccine, they can isolate or roll the dice. But for anyone who wants the vaccine and is waiting, we should make sure we don't open up too early until there is enough vaccines to those who want it.

Also, I wonder how full stadiums would be even if they opened it up to 100%?
The WSJ had a report last week, I think, where they predicted we’d reach herd immunity by April. They analyzed rates of infection, vaccinations, and confirmed cases of those who already had it.

Triumph

Hall of Fame Poster
50% of Pats fans nationwide will be watching on TV if Cam comes back.

Calhoun44

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
The WSJ had a report last week, I think, where they predicted we’d reach herd immunity by April. They analyzed rates of infection, vaccinations, and confirmed cases of those who already had it.
I saw /heard something similar, but it seemed like the outlier of predictions/projections. But encouraging nonetheless. I'm ready for a beer and a hockey game. Siht, I might even have two beers.

denverpatsfan

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Packers, Chefs, Saints even the fcking Donks had fans in the stands this past season. Why the Commonwealth can't pull it off is beyond me. If Krafty Bob and Baker can't figure this out for fcking September I mean WTF! It's an outdoor event! Did 1000s fall ill after the Super Bowl? 6 to 8 more weeks and we should mostly be vaccinated or been exposed to the virus. Almost there.

mgcolby

Woohoo, I'm a VIP!!!
PatsFans.com Supporter
It wasn't "them" as in a reporter reporting on it. It was an op-ed written by Dr Markay John Hopkins leading health expert who also happens to be a surgeon and an author. But Dr. Fauci just moved the field goal posts again. So I am sure sheep will argue John Hopkins is a **** university and hospital that has no clue about medicine or pandemics. Hail Fauci!

denverpatsfan

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
It wasn't "them" as in a reporter reporting on it. It was an op-ed written by Dr Markay John Hopkins leading health expert who also happens to be a surgeon and an author. But Dr. Fauci just moved the field goal posts again. So I am sure sheep will argue John Hopkins is a **** university and hospital that has no clue about medicine or pandemics. Hail Fauci!
Fauci is Debbie Downer...

KontradictioN

PatsFans.com Supporter
Packers, Chefs, Saints even the fcking Donks had fans in the stands this past season. Why the Commonwealth can't pull it off is beyond me. If Krafty Bob and Baker can't figure this out for fcking September I mean WTF! It's an outdoor event! Did 1000s fall ill after the Super Bowl? 6 to 8 more weeks and we should mostly be vaccinated or been exposed to the virus. Almost there.
Dude, I’ve been to bars, shows, and even went to a strip club in Georgia for a bachelor party and got a masked lap dance from a black stripper. I genuinely feel for the people that are in locked down states, and especially those who can’t work and have families. Awful.

I had to laugh at the franchises who took a “nO fAnZ wE nEeD tO LiStEn tO tHe sCiEnZe” stance during the regular season, then caved during the postseason. I guess all those lives you were supposedly worried about were less important than a Lombardi, eh?