PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Giants hire Patriots ST/WR coach Joe Judge for HC - Bielema for Staff. EDIT

Was the tight ends coach already poached by someone else?

Was the tight ends coach already poached by someone else?
Did we have any tight ends? I forgot. No need for a coach, at a position with nobody to coach.

speaking of coaches/coordinators....the "word" is Kraft had some idea that Judge would leave for a HC/coordinator position once Belichick added the WR coach to his title. AND Kraft's whole escapade in Jupiter was just recruiting expertise for the "hands team" and a big understanding .

One reason for the Judge signing that I've heard several times is that he came at a low cost (favorable because they have to pay Shurmur for 3 more years). But I'm not sure at all if this makes sense given the Giants ownership, but then again they did pass on Mike McCarthy, whom they could have signed before the Cowboys got their hands on him. But if the low cost thing is bull, then maybe BB is in the picture.

Did we have any tight ends? I forgot. No need for a coach, at a position with nobody to coach.

Yeah, it's possible my joke didn't land but that's where I was going, too.

I thought it was funny that the Giants hired the Pats' wide receiver coach when it seemed universally accepted that the wide recerivers on this team did not live up to expectations.

The only thing that would have been funnier is if they took our tight ends coach.

Not sure why this thread got 9 funnies...

One reason for the Judge signing that I've heard several times is that he came at a low cost (favorable because they have to pay Shurmur for 3 more years). But I'm not sure at all if this makes sense given the Giants ownership, but then again they did pass on Mike McCarthy, whom they could have signed before the Cowboys got their hands on him. But if the low cost thing is bull, then maybe BB is in the picture.
Not hiring McCarthy is about McCarthy not money

Good. Means a new WR coach. Judge was a sh!tty WR coach.
And you can tell this after one year..Guess you believe Troy Brown must suck as a WR Coach too since Brown worked very closely with Meyers, Harry, and Olszewski.

With all the injuries that the WRs had, how can you get a true evaluation?

Big special teams loss for sure, looking forward to an upgrade at WR at the coaching level.

Making a huge assumption that there will be an upgrade. You forget that Trow Brown was the Asst WR coach. Just like every other person who has talked negatively without bothering to consider the injury factors.

Damn, 1 in 5 head coaches in the league come from the Patriots.

Not sure why this thread got 9 funnies...
Because the Swamp scum Vagiants hiring The Worst WRs Coach in the NFL is a feckin joke, that's why.

I hope Joey Judge (but not of WR talent) & his new team fail miserably.

Because the Swamp scum Vagiants hiring The Worst WRs Coach in the NFL is a feckin joke, that's why.

I hope Joey Judge (but not of WR talent) & his new team fail miserably.

Joe Judge wasn't "Worst WR Coach in the NFL". Like everyone else, you're ignoring the fact that Troy Brown was an Asst WR Coach and worked almost exclusively with Meyers, Olzsewski, and Harry. You know. The 3 guys most everyone on this board is ragging on as "sucking". But, yeah. Blame Judge who was in his 1st year as WR coach for the team.. BRILLIANT..

Some people on this board say WR corp was our weakest link this season.Joe Judge ( their head coach ) is leaving us and correct me if I am wrong but isn't he connected to that weakest link? Do I see tears on this board because od that?

I was hoping he’d be coach of Cleaveland.

I thought he did good this year.

I don't like this poaching.

I thought he did good this year.

I don't like this poaching.
This poaching has been happening for over a decade. BB’s ridiculous success has lead to ops for his assistants. He’s proud of them.

The most important aspect : the team has continued winning at a record pace despite defections. This year’s D was handled beautifully by Steve & Mayo. I think BB’s connections and teaching will keep the train rolling.

That seemed like the most likely departure all along, because it made more sense for Bielema to go year to year with his contract because of the broad range of jobs he could be considered for. It sounds like he’s getting “promoted” from fourth defense voice behind Belichick, Belichick, and Mayo to second behind only Patrick Graham.

By my count, Judge’s staff currently consists of six guys he worked with at Mississippi State, Alabama, or New England, Jason Garrett who like Judge also worked under Nick Saban, three guys who worked for Garrett in Dallas, and two guys who were retained from the Giants’ 2019 staff without other connections that I can find.

So basically, it continues to be all about who you know, or in most cases who you’ve actually worked with.

The kitchen staff must be breathing a sigh of relief now that both Patricia and Bielema are gone. They shouldn’t. Kraft is likely to downsize them since the demand will have taken a nosedive.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back