PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Giants Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoughingthePasser

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the NFLN game might betelevised on a regular station in the Portland Maine area???

Thanks

Last edited:
Does anyone know if the NFLN game might betelevised on a regular station in the Portland Maine area???

Thanks

No, it will not be. Just the "local tv market" of the two teams involved in a cable tv game can show the game on a OTA station. In this case, WCVB channel 5 in Boston and a station out of NYC

No, it will not be. Just the "local tv market" of the two teams involved in a cable tv game can show the game on a OTA station. In this case, WCVB channel 5 in Boston and a station out of NYC

Plus I think WMUR (Ch. 9) out of NH picked it up also.

Yes, WMUR channel 9 is showing the game as well. It's on their website in the TV listing. Also, as an FYI to anyone, it will be on Metrocast Cable both Channel 5 WCVB and 9 WMUR in the Wolfeboro NH region (I verified this by email and got a response from Metrocast).

Yes, WMUR channel 9 is showing the game as well. It's on their website in the TV listing. Also, as an FYI to anyone, it will be on Metrocast Cable both Channel 5 WCVB and 9 WMUR in the Wolfeboro NH region (I verified this by email and got a response from Metrocast).

You might want to check again. I have MetroCast and herr is the message on their web site:

Due to NFL programming restrictions, the NFL Network owns the rights to broadcast the Patriots vs. Giants game on December 29th. Because of this, MetroCast is required to black out Channel 5, WCVB during the game. Additionally, Channel 8 WMTW will not be carrying the game and will have alternate programming.

The December 29th game can still be found on the NFL Network on MetroCast Digital Basic service. If you would like to sign up for MetroCast Digital Service, call today and we will be happy to install you in time for the big game.

Thank You and Happy Holidays!

shim_alpha.gif

PATSNUTMe,

I don't know about channel 8 WMTW, where is that broadcast from? But I specifically asked about WCVB and WMUR and received an email (not an automatically generated one) that said the game would be shown in Wolfeboro on those stations via Metrocast (including the HD feeds). I had read previously that parts of NH (as well as Maine) were subject to the blackout, but I believe those areas are further north and west (in NH) then the Wolfeboro area.

So I did a little research (good thing it's a slow work week). The Patriots are part of the Boston/Manchester TV market region. Thus, Channel 5 (WCVB from Boston) and Channel 9 (WMUR from Manchester) are able to broadcast the upcoming game. However, Channel 8 (WMTW from Portland Maine) is NOT part of this market region (and thus cannot show the game).

The disclaimer that is confusing regarding the blackout of certain counties is:

"Satellite systems that carry Channel 5/9 must also black out the game, including systems serving Carroll, Coos, Grafton and Sullivan, N.H."

The key here is "Satellite systems", i.e. Direct TV transmits WMUR to Northern NH, areas that cannot pick up the actual over the air broadcast signal.

Lastly I went to the FCC maps and found this:

http://www.fcc.gov/fcc-bin/FMTV-service-area?x=TV428023.html

which shows the actual map of areas that can pick up the WMUR broadcast over the air, which for those of you familiar with the area includes Wolfeboro NH, which I belive is the reason that Metrocast MUST broadcast the game per FCC rules (i.e. whatever commercial television stations can be received over the air must be included by the cable provider).

Attachments

• TV428023.jpg
    TV428023.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 151
You might want to check again. I have MetroCast

HAHAHAHAHA! you have metrocast! ha haha sucks to be you!

wait...i have it too....goddammit! :mad:

Looks like I'll be going to a bar to watch it.
That sucks...
What a bunch of pigs.
Its all about $$$-isnt it

PATSNUTMe,

I don't know about channel 8 WMTW, where is that broadcast from? But I specifically asked about WCVB and WMUR and received an email (not an automatically generated one) that said the game would be shown in Wolfeboro on those stations via Metrocast (including the HD feeds). I had read previously that parts of NH (as well as Maine) were subject to the blackout, but I believe those areas are further north and west (in NH) then the Wolfeboro area.

Portland, Maine.

That would be sweet if Channel 8 WMTW carried it. It would be nice to find out soon.

I'd rather stay at home and roast a fatty.
A fatty, is that something I'm missing out on since I moved from New England?

This makes no sense. Here is the link (from today, though it's been up for a few days now) from WMUR http://www.wmur.com/sports/14917016/detail.html

It specifically says Carroll County (including Wolfeboro, where I live) is excluded from the live feed.

I'm glad we have NFL channel - it would suck to be playing a guessing game up until the last minute :confused:

We should argue more.

When "The People" stand up....We get things done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes