Next Up: vs 49ers
Pick Results: SF: 35.7% at NE: 64.3%
Sun
Oct 25th

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

patsfan13

Hall of Fame Poster
PatsFans.com Supporter
If we have to until a better vaccine developed, sure. I'm not comfortable of a quarter million deaths and 50k heart problems from the survivors every year. Lord knows your fake hydroxichloroquin cure wont help

Well if you arew not >65 and don't have an underlying condition you have nothing to worry about, if you have children they are in far more danger from the seasonal flu than covid.

If yuo choose to ignore efectiver therapies that is on you.

Clonamery

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Well if you arew not >65 and don't have an underlying condition you have nothing to worry about, if you have children they are in far more danger from the seasonal flu than covid.

You should send that through Google translate again.

PatsWSB47

Pro Bowl Player

False

FirstAndGoal

In the Starting Line-Up
Just for comparison, I do know that's it's August and we have 200,000 excess deaths. We calculate expected deaths using a formula with a bunch of variables which is pretty accurate.

Now, the simple answer to that 200,000 number, assuming there's nothing else causing the spike is there are likely 200,000 coronavirus deaths and not the 170,000 we've got going at the moment.

I haven't crunched the numbers and don't have the time today but it would be interesting to add those excess deaths and compare the rates. I think when all the dust settles, the "Q" people are going to think the deep state took a lot of people away to the Gulag.

Looking at excess deaths is a pretty good way to understand the impact of things though. We ain't in Kansas anymore. I'm curious to hear any alternative explanations or corrections because that one is interesting to me.

EDIT: oops, I realized a flaw in my logic so I took out the speculation which was based on flawed logic...Sorry for that.. the raw numbers hold though and can't be explained.

Last edited:

Clonamery

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Yup. Sad the number of people that have no love for their fellow Americans and just make up false statistics to suit their political argument in support of a candidate. The ignorance and coldness is staggering.

XLIX

Pro Bowl Player
Just for comparison, I do know that's it's August and we have 200,000 excess deaths. We calculate expected deaths using a formula with a bunch of variables which is pretty accurate.

Now, the simple answer to that 200,000 number, assuming there's nothing else causing the spike is there are likely 200,000 coronavirus deaths and not the 170,000 we've got going at the moment.

Looking at excess deaths is a pretty good way to understand the impact of things though. We ain't in Kansas anymore. I'm curious to hear any alternative explanations or corrections because that one is interesting to me.
I have discussed this is other comments, and am happy to go over it again.

If one defines "excess deaths" as the year over year increase in the number of deaths in the United States then, even without Covid, we would expect 30,000 to 80,000 excess deaths over the course of the year. This is based on the numbers of excess deaths every year since 2010.

This year, however, we are suffering the worst pandemic in a century. The current tally of dead Americans from Covid is roughly 170,000. As such, if there are 200,000 excess deaths in the U.S. as of August, it makes perfect sense that 30,000 of those excess deaths came about from causes that would be in place even if there were no such thing as Covid.

Last edited:

FirstAndGoal

In the Starting Line-Up

If one defines "excess deaths" as the year over year increase in the number of deaths in the United States then, even without Covid, we would expect 30,000 to 80,000 excess deaths over the course of the year. This is based on the numbers of excess deaths every year since 2010.

This year, however, we are suffering the worst pandemic in a century. The current tally of dead Americans from Covid is roughly 170,000. As such, if there are 200,000 excess deaths in the U.S. as of August, it makes perfect sense that 30,000 of those excess deaths came about from causes that would be in place even if there were no such thing as Covid.

Seriously? What is that bolded? Are you trying to say that number of excess deaths is how many extra deaths are expected each year? Where did you get that? Excess deaths aren't "one defines" it's an official stat. The number comes from the CDC and the formula takes into account population growth, aging population, and a bunch of other things to arrive at the number of predicted deaths a year.

Numbers are plugged in and there is an expectation of x number of Americans who will die. When there is an abnormality such as we have this year, you look for the causes. That number (so far) is higher than expected so the question is why? We know that 170+ are because of the virus even though some of the double digit dopes say the deaths are over-reported. The actual number of deaths is 200,000+. 200,000 - 170,000 = 30,000. Those are unaccounted for. They aren't an increase in population or anything else. It's a number that's unexplained as higher than predicted.

Bell curve, standard deviation. Ring any bells? (pun intended)

XLIX

Pro Bowl Player
Seriously? What is that bolded? Are you trying to say that number of excess deaths is how many extra deaths are expected each year? Where did you get that? Excess deaths aren't "one defines" it's an official stat.
No sh*t. It is an official stat which is officially defined exactly the way I defined it. The number of deaths we see an increase of under non-Covid circumstances is 46,000 per year with a standard deviation of 22,000. So to have 30,000 “excess deaths” at this time of the year is not even remotely atypical. It’s the 170,000 which is atypical.

Regardless, my final statement on this is that I’ll take my figures from Johns Hopkins and the CDC and not some internet know-it-all with a twitter account and too much time on their hands.

XLIX

Pro Bowl Player
Well, Google translate will take your incompressible gibberish, analyze it and turn it into something normal humans can understand, thus assisting with comprehension.
I understood what he said 100%.

See, an intelligent reader can make logical deductions regarding what someone means even if they have a minor spelling or grammar error. Maybe someday you’ll aquire that ability. Or maybe your cup is already full and that sort of growth can never be achieved.

FirstAndGoal

In the Starting Line-Up
No sh*t. It is an official stat which is officially defined exactly the way I defined it. The number of deaths we see an increase of under non-Covid circumstances is 46,000 per year with a standard deviation of 22,000. So to have 30,000 “excess deaths” at this time of the year is not even remotely atypical. It’s the 170,000 which is atypical.

Regardless, my final statement on this is that I’ll take my figures from Johns Hopkins and the CDC and not some internet know-it-all with a twitter account and too much time on their hands.
lol that's hilarious. Does that answer come with a discombobulator? Oh, I'm sorry, final answer. The formula for water is "wet". That's my final answer you dummy (lol). Of course the standard deviation is cookie-pvss. I'm right too (lol). Your numbers do not come from the CDC and John Hopkins is doubtful too. Maybe Baskin Robbins. 22,000 is the standard deviation (lol)... good one. Is that the standard deviation or the number of flavors?

Guy, I don't have a twitter account. Let's compare post counts about who is spending their time on boards. I got 2000 since 2006. You have almost 10,000 since 2o15... pesky numbers. It's no wonder you have to make up **** and then duck and hide. You don't do anything else. I don't "mean" to be "mean" but your answer is at "variance" with mine and I can't help it. :rofl:

I found the missing numbers.

Okay, enough fun. Don't worry, I'll be gone for a bit. I've got some work that I've now delayed for 2 days in a row.... don't take yourself so seriously. I don't.

Last edited:

patman12

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
I understood what he said 100%.
That's good but Clonamery's suggestion was for you to run your words through Google translator, so your understanding of him doesn't fix the original issue.

See, an intelligent reader can make logical deductions regarding what someone means even if they have a minor spelling or grammar error. Maybe someday you’ll aquire that ability. Or maybe your cup is already full and that sort of growth can never be achieved.
If my cup were to be full, I'd have no need for growth.

XLIX

Pro Bowl Player
That's good but Clonamery's suggestion was for you to run your words through Google translator, so your understanding of him doesn't fix the original issue.
I wasn't responding to Clonamary, I was responding to you. You called the post "incompressible gibberish" when it is nothing of the sort- at least not to someone with the mental acuity to see past a few spelling/grammar mistakes and deduce the meaning of what was written.
If my cup were to be full, I'd have no need for growth.
Given that it seems to be quite a small cup, I respectfully disagree.

venecol

The FRG has a little ****
I wasn't responding to Clonamary, I was responding to you. You called the post "incompressible gibberish" when it is nothing of the sort- at least not to someone with the mental acuity to see past a few spelling/grammar mistakes and deduce the meaning of what was written.
Given that it seems to be quite a small cup, I respectfully disagree.
You're in rare form, constantly sniping at members over nonsense. Why are you so mad lately? Is everything ok?

PatsWSB47

Pro Bowl Player

Is the 200,000 number for an entire year or to date? Also would it be fair to use a March(when people really started dying with covid)to March excess death stat?

XLIX

Pro Bowl Player
Is the 200,000 number for an entire year or to date? Also would it be fair to use a March(when people really started dying with covid)to March excess death stat?
I didn’t bring the 200,000 number so you’d have to double-check with the person who did, but when I have read this same argument in other forums, they are using similar figures as year-to-date.