PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

General offensive strategy

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is not how BB operates or for that matter any coach. He is not going to change his offensive strategy or risk losing a game, or play more conservative because he is worried his GOAT QB is going to be injured.

If he thought that he wouldnt have Brady in the game. Its real simple.
I don’t think it’s because of concern about injury, it’s more confidence in the ability to run the rock. I expect generally in the fourth quarter we will see a lot of runs, regardless of game situation, because our running game is strong and the opposing D will be tired and vulnerable to it. I also do not expect to see many games where the Pats are in a deep hole in the fourth quarter but even if they are they won’t abandon the run as much as in the past, because it is a good way to take the steam out of the opposing pass rush.

Newsflash: Pro football team with 42 year old QB with a meh running game goes out and gets good players to develop a good running game.

How about you give us some good stock tips also.
Ok pal. You're just being hyper argumentative.

Prediction. Patriots lead the league in 4q rush attempts, yet still not afraid to throw the football.

I don’t think it’s because of concern about injury, it’s more confidence in the ability to run the rock. I expect generally in the fourth quarter we will see a lot of runs, regardless of game situation, because our running game is strong and the opposing D will be tired and vulnerable to it. I also do not expect to see many games where the Pats are in a deep hole in the fourth quarter but even if they are they won’t abandon the run as much as in the past, because it is a good way to take the steam out of the opposing pass rush.
Sure, its just common sense football strategy 101.

I just dont see BB in the presser after the game:

Press - "Bill, you seemed to let up at the end of the game when you were down by four points and not playing aggressive"

BB - "Yeah, well we decided that, for the first time, we would not do what is best for the football team and instead do what is best for Tom's safety."

Ok pal. You're just being hyper argumentative.

Prediction. Patriots lead the league in 4q rush attempts, yet still not afraid to throw the football.
I'm not your pal. Shut up.

Didnt see the yellow caption already there

Jeez, maybe look a little before thinking I'd give an incomplete translation. :D
Or at the very least give me the opportunity to fully illustrate my incompetence before you assume it ;)

The ability to pound the ball in the 4thQ for a long TD drive is not just a viable strategy when leading the game.

The ability to pound the ball in the 4thQ for a long TD drive is not just a viable strategy when leading the game.
The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force

You think coaches ever make in game decisions in regular season to prepare a player for the future, build confidence, not unleash certain strategies and generally treat the game like it wasn't the end all be all Super Bowl? Play to win no doubt, it's a privilege to step on the field and you never know when it's over, but also view it as a 19 game strategy not a 1 game strategy

This offense is deep. Tough to game plan against.

You think coaches ever make in game decisions in regular season to prepare a player for the future, build confidence, not unleash certain strategies and generally treat the game like it wasn't the end all be all Super Bowl? Play to win no doubt, it's a privilege to step on the field and you never know when it's over, but also view it as a 19 game strategy not a 1 game strategy

Naaahhh why would a coach ever want to give a young player experience or experiment with formations when ahead or even throw the ball when ahead by 3 TDs to get better.

Why would a coach do that?

You should write a book about football.

Naaahhh why would a coach ever want to give a young player experience or experiment with formations when ahead or even throw the ball when ahead by 3 TDs to get better.

Why would a coach do that?

You should write a book about football.
But you draw the line at a run heavy tilt in week 4(that wouldn't necessarily be there in January)to protect your 42 year old mvp?

But you draw the line at a run heavy tilt in week 4(that wouldn't necessarily be there in January)to protect your 42 year old mvp?
Asked and answered

Asked and answered
Even with a blindside who never played before and excelled especially at run blocking in college? Maybe limit exposure a bit early in season while everything rounds into shape?

Carnac.jpg
I hold in my hand the envelopes. As a child of four can plainly see, these envelopes have been hermetically sealed. They've been kept in a mayonnaise jar on Funk and Wagnalls' porch since noon today. No one knows the contents of these envelopes – but you, in your mystical and borderline divine way, will ascertain the answers having never before heard the questions.

The answer is: "Asked and answered.'
And the question is: What was the question?

What is more impressive?
A The ability to run the ball in the 4th Qtr
B. The ability to destroy a planet

What is more impressive?
A The ability to run the ball in the 4th Qtr
B. The ability to destroy a planet
Depends if you're asking Bill Parcels or General Tarkin

We may be only moments away from the dreaded "Listen Bub..."

tenor.gif

View attachment 23920
I hold in my hand the envelopes. As a child of four can plainly see, these envelopes have been hermetically sealed. They've been kept in a mayonnaise jar on Funk and Wagnalls' porch since noon today. No one knows the contents of these envelopes – but you, in your mystical and borderline divine way, will ascertain the answers having never before heard the questions.

The answer is: "Asked and answered.'
The question was "You acknowledge coaches implement certain in game strategies that have a long term outlook, but, let me get this right, you draw the line at a run heavy tilt early in season to protect 42 year old MVP qb with inexperienced left tackle?"

Such a player is almost never active on a patriot team. Also, if he isn't at least an adequate pas blocker, he probably isn't on the 53, unless he is a draftee.

Even with a blindside who never played before and excelled especially at run blocking in college? Maybe limit exposure a bit early in season while everything rounds into shape?

Such a player is almost never active on a patriot team. Also, if he isn't at least an adequate pas blocker, he probably isn't on the 53, unless he is a draftee.
So you're saying treat Wynn like a 10 year vet? Don't go max protect on certain plays, don't chip, treat him like Tony Boseli game 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes