Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Garrapolo-Trade or Keep?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was such a stupid statement I couldn't believe you were being serious.

Let me get this straight.

If NE and NYJ tie, and NE swept NYJ in the two games they played, but NYJ had the better strength of schedule (and remember that teams in the same division have 14 of their 16 games the same -- so SoS will only be different because of two games), NYJ should win the division.

Riiiiiiiiiiight.

Jesus Christ!!
icon_lol.gif

Do you really need me to explain to you that only a drooling Idiot dismisses Head to Head??
idea.gif

It's "Head to Head", for God's Sake. Everybody includes Head to Head at the top. :cool:

The stupid **** that I referred to ~ I still can't believe that I have to explain this to you!!
jester.gif
~ was Conference Record, Divisional Record, and all that other tertiary stuff.

Here's an hint for you, Quantum: If I say that the Rams suck, it's still kinda goes without saying ~ or so I would've thought :rolleyes: ~ that I don't think that Aaron Donald sucks. You know? ;)

'Cause you'd have to be pretty ~ what's the word? ~ stupid ~ to draw that conclusion.
spock.gif

Last edited:
Jesus Christ!!
icon_lol.gif

Do you really need me to explain to you that only a drooling Idiot dismisses Head to Head??
idea.gif

It's "Head to Head", for God's Sake. Everybody includes Head to Head at the top. :cool:

The stupid **** that I referred to ~ I still can't believe that I have to explain this to you!!
jester.gif
~ was Conference Record, Divisional Record, and all that other tertiary stuff.

Here's an hint for you, Quantum: If I say that the Rams suck, it's still kinda goes without saying ~ or so I would've thought :rolleyes: ~ that I don't think that Aaron Donald sucks. You know? ;)

'Cause you'd have to be pretty ~ what's the word? ~ stupid ~ to draw that conclusion.
spock.gif

FWIW, Grid, I think the main reason why SOS ended up so far down the list is that it's something that, strictly speaking, the teams involved in the tie have very little control over. Since 14 of the 16 are the same within a division, you might end up saying "OK, whether Green Bay or Detroit makes the playoffs depends on who wins more games: New York and Tampa Bay or Philadelphia and New Orleans."

FWIW, Grid, I think the main reason why SOS ended up so far down the list is that it's something that, strictly speaking, the teams involved in the tie have very little control over. Since 14 of the 16 are the same within a division, you might end up saying "OK, whether Green Bay or Detroit makes the playoffs depends on who wins more games: New York and Tampa Bay or Philadelphia and New Orleans."

Fair Point...But it's almost as if you're describing statistical randomness or something.

The Reality, though, is that better Teams win more Games. Yes?

Thus: The Team that Plays the tougher Schedule and wins as many Games as its Foe has proven itself more Worthy of Glory, Wealth, and Consequence than the Team that kept pace by beating Slugs.

The Differential between the 2008 Patriots and Fish was that we played the 12-4 Steelers and the 12-4 Colts, while the Fish played the 11-5 Ravens and 8-8 Planet Hoosten.

For both Teams to've attained identical 11-5 Records, while splitting the Head to Head Games yet playing these moderately disparate Schedules, I consider that Differential a far, far more purer, more legitimate TieBreaker than stuff like Divisional Record, Conference Record, and other stuff like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back