SOURCE:Patriots.com

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: Lions
Thu
Aug 8th
Right Now At PatsFans.com:
Solid Draft
The Patriots walked away with 10 pretty solid additions coming off draft weekend, injecting some youth into the Super Bowl champs' roster.

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

Game Of Thrones Season 7 (*Spoilers*)

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by BaconGrundleCandy, Nov 13, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Zuma

Zuma Happy GOT Endings PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,965
    I haven't read any GOT posts here. That said...here is my GOT prediction which should be clear as day...

Winter is coming with another long night that will last many years (55 nights of season 8 shooting is a clear sign). Entire generations will live in darkness. Mothers will smother their babies rather than see them starve, white walkers will turn most if not all Westeros into more of their own. If any region is spared its Dorne....otherwise most will attempt to escape to Essos.

Winter is coming has been predicted since season 1 episode 1. Walkers don't care about sigil...neither friend or foe will be spared. Season 8 will be an amazing experience filled with death, despair and fun for the whole family.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2019

2. Zuma

Zuma Happy GOT Endings PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,965
  3. YOUGOTMOSSED

YOUGOTMOSSED In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +5,516
    Pretty boring episode to start off the season finale. They made us wait 2 years for that?:mad:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Florida Man PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +46,412
    I thought it was really good. My only complaint was how short it was. But that kind of reunion episode was necessary with how many key players were in the same place.

5. BelichicksHoodie

BelichicksHoodie On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +172
    They had to build it up, and get the reunions out of the way. Expect the big battle of Winterfell to be Episode 3. We already know the Night King and his army are halfway there.

6. YOUGOTMOSSED

Ratings:
    +5,516
    The "politics and intrigue" aspect pretty much died for good last season making the Littlefinger and Varys characters useless. It's now just swords and fantasy. Without action, it's nothing but boring setup.

Are we going to have to suffer through a bunch of "I'm sorry I killed your dad who once threatened to have you murdered you if you didn't join the knights watch" and "sorry for pushing you through the window but I'm a different person now" type stuff before we get to the battle scenes?

7. BelichicksHoodie

BelichicksHoodie On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +172
    Tyrion too, ever since they ran out of source material he just hasn’t been the same.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Ice_Ice_Brady

Ice_Ice_Brady PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +19,377
    Wish they could have just started the season after the characters filled in their own missing knowledge gaps off stage, instead of an entire episodes of people delivering messages that
    the viewers already knew.

Oh, and the dragon riding scene.

Also Sansa is such a bad character (the actress) at times she almost ruins the show on her own. Is she even aware of what her character’s conflicts and thoughts should revolve around? Or thinking about what she needs to order from Neiman Marcus after the scene?

Hope episode 2 is a lot better. Clock is ticking.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. maust1013

maust1013 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +9,686
    I was okay with a 'setting the table' episode although the holes in it were maddening but I had to quote you just to agree with the Sophie Turner take. She hasn't grown a lick as an actress from season one, as opposed to Maisie Williams who completely slays it as Arya

10. YOUGOTMOSSED

Ratings:
    +5,516
    I just want closure. The first 4 seasons were great. So many silly plot holes after season 4.

The Tyrels were the 2nd most powerful family in the realm. The Lannister army beat them in 1 episode despite the fact that they were fighting from a fortified castle and had Dornish allies right next door? Because fighting in not their strength? :rolleyes:

Cersei blows up the Westeros equivalent of the Vatican and there's absolutely no backlash any of from her subjects?

C'mon!

11. BaconGrundleCandy

BaconGrundleCandy Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7,981
  12. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Florida Man PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +46,412
    Jesus, it's about time. I wonder how they’re going to fit him with armor so quickly though? Did they have a traveling dragon tailor come down with them from Winterfell to King’s Landing?

Last edited: May 7, 2019
  13. BaconGrundleCandy

Ratings:
    +7,981
    My guess & this is honestly just a guess. Gendry makes something for him after Dany appointed him to Storm's End.

Honestly its foolish how long it took. The convo had to have come up. I mean it only makes sense as opposed to holding on to their scales. And it would look cool as he'll.

They never gave him proper help. Some smoke so you can't see him before he appears. Armor. And if for we reason he lands there should be a "dragon crew" that surrounds him. Pick the craziest 15-20 dothraki or unsullied for the job.

Hoping he really ruins w/e he touches next epi & flys off.

14. maust1013

Ratings:
    +9,686
    Considering Euron was able to hit a flying dragon in the neck from the deck of a moving ship he shouldn't have any trouble hitting one right in the eye from a platform as stable as a city wall. (should, you know, the script happen to call for it :rolleyes:)

15. BaconGrundleCandy

Ratings:
    +7,981
    He went 2/2 I believe? Belly & Neck?

Ramsey could have done a no-look shot from The Reach. People forget that legend wiped out Stannis by himself ... And 20 good men of course

16. maust1013

Ratings:
    +9,686
    Unlike many folks that were annoyed by the writing in much of last season and straight up angry about this one I am more disappointed and discouraged than anything else. Looking back on it, I guess it really did start heading for the alfalfa once they were forced to depart from the source material but it wasn't like it was all crap. There was at least still some occasionally brilliant dialogue last season. This season, outside of an occasional moment, there's been little other than effects to enjoy and much to criticize. As an author Martin was/is perforce more married to in universe logic and character credibility than Weiss & Benioff but that doesn't excuse ignoring it so completely. I get it can be hard to maintain the edge with a big lead and the the finish line in sight but in the way it is stumbling to the end I feel let down by a show I held in very high regard. I won't go so far as to throw out a Dexter comparison but it's safe to say we aren't getting a final season in The Sopranos, The Americans or The Wire territory either. In the end I guess maybe GOT is suffering as much from our high expectations as it is from Benioff & Weiss' lack of vision.