SOURCE:Yahoo! Sports

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: Steelers
Sun
Dec 16th
Right Now At PatsFans.com:
Shocking Ending
Sunday's loss in Miami was shocking and will likely have the Patriots doing some second-guessing this week.

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

Game Of Thrones Season 7 (*Spoilers*)

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by BaconGrundleCandy, Nov 13, 2016.

Tags:
  1. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Josh Gordon's locker is next to Brady's. PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +41,829
    Sucks that I saw he had died months ago through social media before even watching the show. Same as the dragon eating a spear from the Night King. Looking forward to going into a season not knowing what is going to happen now. It was still great to watch him beg for his life, though.

• Agree Agree x 1

2. BaconGrundleCandy

BaconGrundleCandy Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +6,654
    I stopped paying attention to guys that like a long time ago. I noticed they rip off almost everything they tout and really bitch about anything.

I read the books but really understand the show & books are 2 completely different things. Show is D&D adaptation where someone else could've had it totally different from them?

Specifically though??

3. ForThoseAboutToRock

ForThoseAboutToRock 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +1,644
    I only follow a few analysis channels - Preston does very hard work so I would be hesitant to ever suggest he ripped another channel off barring convincing proof.

I get this point. Worth discussing the shows on their own entirely. My problems with the plot won't be based off of arguments on how they should be because of the books. I generally like the books better, but I'm not at all a scholar of them with multiple readings under my belt, etc.

In no particular order:

A) Winterfell / Demise of Littlefinger - We had at least 5 main characters in the city for the entirety of the season and they collectively did very little to advance the plot (except the deletion of one of the 5 main characters).

B) The suicide mission barely makes any sense and was resolved very poorly.

C) The writers clearly gave up on Dorne. Understandable in isolation, given their prior mistakes, but there should've been some kind of payoff for the Red Viper.

We can pick other plots to discuss if you want, but those are enough to begin with (off the top of my head - haven't really thought a lot about GOT in 2 mo.)

4. BaconGrundleCandy

Ratings:
    +6,654
    LOL I remember reading the spoilers for S7 this time last year and just said to myself. Wow the plot doesn't really move at all here lol. But S7 was really abt Jon & Dany meeting, getting fans hooked and then I think Jon has to rebalance the world. Possibly by killing Dany?

I think all the symbols (from epi 101 to present) and almost everything pointing to a circlier world where history repeats itself unless someone changes that.
    What convinced me for certain was the BoB war where the Vale broke into the circle ( you can see it from the sky shot).

Most of those guys, Jacobs, New Rock stars, ALTX steal all their theories from freefolk on Reddit and pass them off as theories.

5. BaconGrundleCandy

Ratings:
    +6,654
    We know from 706 if you kill a Wight then all the corpses they turned die as well.

Are we heading for a huge scene where Westeros is abt to be swarmed by Wights, literally feet away from killing everyone. Jon kills NK and they all shatter at once?

6. ForThoseAboutToRock

ForThoseAboutToRock 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +1,644
    LOL! Freefolk is 100% meme's right now! There's no serious discussion there, you chicken eater! I give Jacobs a lot of credit. He's read all of GRRM's books, so is able to pull from the broadest possible themes when analyzing the show (and the story itself, apart from the show). He's even met GRRM in person, and is active in other discussion on reddit in the ASOIAF sub (not Freefolk and not the kneeling C**TS at r/gameofthrones :D)

7. BaconGrundleCandy

Ratings:
    +6,654
    Free folk has turned into a ****show, esp when the show isn't on.

Trust though I've been a lurker and member since it started and all those YT's steal from it. Alt x might be the worst when it comes to that.

8. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Josh Gordon's locker is next to Brady's. PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +41,829
    The suicide mission was the worst, most contrived part of the plot from last season. I don’t know if the writers gave up on Dorne as much as they put it on the back burner for now. She’s very much still alive and the plan was supposedly to keep her that way. I’m confident there will be closure on that front in S8.

9. BaconGrundleCandy

Ratings:
    +6,654
    Giantsbane said it best. "Who do you have to convince. The one with dragons or the one who ****s her brother"?

Amazing considering how many people knew Bran, Mountain and other crazy magic **** going on in the world.

Great TV but made little sense.

10. captain insano

captain insano Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +3,068

11. BaconGrundleCandy

Ratings:
    +6,654
    Huge (even tho we all knew it was coming if you read the books or other grrm stuff) *Possible* Game of Thrones S8

Please don't read if you dont want to know

Possible Nissa Nissa scene from Epi 2 S8. Jon killing Dany fulfilling the Nissa Nissa/Azor Ahai prophecy.

Screenshot_20180315-215119.png

12. BaconGrundleCandy

Ratings:
    +6,654
    From watcheronmyballs at freefolk. I'll upload some pix when I get a chance.

I have some additional information. I was not able to get close enough to take pic. Jamie Lannister will die in Brienne arms. Melisandre fights the Nights King by herself and hold her own but does not win. She does have the power to turn the dead against him

13. BaconGrundleCandy

Ratings:
    +6,654
  14. BaconGrundleCandy

Ratings:
    +6,654
  15. BaconGrundleCandy

Ratings:
    +6,654
  16. BaconGrundleCandy

Ratings:
    +6,654
  17. BaconGrundleCandy

Ratings:
    +6,654
  18. BaconGrundleCandy

Ratings:
    +6,654
  19. BaconGrundleCandy

Ratings:
    +6,654
    Spoilers have been hard to come by but things are finally being pieced together

20. BaconGrundleCandy

Ratings:
    +6,654
    From the fine folks over Reddits Freefolk

Like I promised earlier, here are some of the plot points for S8 which I was told and some additional information. I have done my best to verify them and have only shared the ones I am confident about. Time will prove its authenticity.

• Episode 1 & 2 is mostly setup/reunions/political drama. Episode 3 & 4 is WF battle & the aftermath. Episode 5 is KL battle/riots/chaos. Episode 6 is the epic finale of the Great War and the ‘dream of spring’ epilogue.

• There is crazy time travel throughout the season. Characters will be wherever they need to be for the plot to progress, irrespective of whether it makes sense in terms of travel time. If you want to enjoy the season, you’ll have to accept that.
    • Jon and Dany’s relationship survives his parentage reveal. They fight the NK/AoTD together till the end.
    • WF is attacked by Cersei’s army. NK/AoTD arrive to finish the job for them. WF falls and survivors retreat south.
    • NK arrives in KL and burns down the city. I have linked the circumstantial evidence for this below.
    • Cleganebowl is real and will be glorious. I told this to u/EveryFckngChicken in a PM on June 24th.
    • Episode 6 has the Dance of the Dragons between Dany/Drogon and NK/Viserion. It’s one of the biggest highlights of the season. Jon/Rhaegal may or may not be part of this sequence too.
    • The Dragonpit sequence is part of the KL battle in Episode 6 and will ‘blow everyone’s mind’. That’s a direct quote. I told this to u/Enty23 in a PM on May 29th.
    • NK/Others are not simply WMDs out of control. Their motivation will be revealed, and it’ll tie together every WW related scene from S1E01 till now. The reveal and resolution are apparently brilliant.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2018