SOURCE:Boston Herald

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: Dolphins
Sun
Nov 26th
Right Now At PatsFans.com:
Work In Progress
When it comes to 3rd down, Tom Brady and Brandin Cooks are still having a tough time converting.

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

Game Of Thrones Season 7 (*Spoilers*)

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by BaconGrundleCandy, Nov 13, 2016.

Tags:
  1. KontradictioN

KontradictioN (He's 40) PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +26,244
    Sucks that I saw he had died months ago through social media before even watching the show. Same as the dragon eating a spear from the Night King. Looking forward to going into a season not knowing what is going to happen now. It was still great to watch him beg for his life, though.

• Agree Agree x 1

2. BaconGrundleCandy

BaconGrundleCandy In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +2,451
    I stopped paying attention to guys that like a long time ago. I noticed they rip off almost everything they tout and really bitch about anything.

I read the books but really understand the show & books are 2 completely different things. Show is D&D adaptation where someone else could've had it totally different from them?

Specifically though??

3. ForThoseAboutToRock

ForThoseAboutToRock PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,184
    I only follow a few analysis channels - Preston does very hard work so I would be hesitant to ever suggest he ripped another channel off barring convincing proof.

I get this point. Worth discussing the shows on their own entirely. My problems with the plot won't be based off of arguments on how they should be because of the books. I generally like the books better, but I'm not at all a scholar of them with multiple readings under my belt, etc.

In no particular order:

A) Winterfell / Demise of Littlefinger - We had at least 5 main characters in the city for the entirety of the season and they collectively did very little to advance the plot (except the deletion of one of the 5 main characters).

B) The suicide mission barely makes any sense and was resolved very poorly.

C) The writers clearly gave up on Dorne. Understandable in isolation, given their prior mistakes, but there should've been some kind of payoff for the Red Viper.

We can pick other plots to discuss if you want, but those are enough to begin with (off the top of my head - haven't really thought a lot about GOT in 2 mo.)

4. BaconGrundleCandy

Ratings:
    +2,451
    LOL I remember reading the spoilers for S7 this time last year and just said to myself. Wow the plot doesn't really move at all here lol. But S7 was really abt Jon & Dany meeting, getting fans hooked and then I think Jon has to rebalance the world. Possibly by killing Dany?

I think all the symbols (from epi 101 to present) and almost everything pointing to a circlier world where history repeats itself unless someone changes that.
    What convinced me for certain was the BoB war where the Vale broke into the circle ( you can see it from the sky shot).

Most of those guys, Jacobs, New Rock stars, ALTX steal all their theories from freefolk on Reddit and pass them off as theories.

5. BaconGrundleCandy

Ratings:
    +2,451
    We know from 706 if you kill a Wight then all the corpses they turned die as well.

Are we heading for a huge scene where Westeros is abt to be swarmed by Wights, literally feet away from killing everyone. Jon kills NK and they all shatter at once?

6. ForThoseAboutToRock

ForThoseAboutToRock PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,184
    LOL! Freefolk is 100% meme's right now! There's no serious discussion there, you chicken eater! I give Jacobs a lot of credit. He's read all of GRRM's books, so is able to pull from the broadest possible themes when analyzing the show (and the story itself, apart from the show). He's even met GRRM in person, and is active in other discussion on reddit in the ASOIAF sub (not Freefolk and not the kneeling C**TS at r/gameofthrones :D)

7. BaconGrundleCandy

Ratings:
    +2,451
    Free folk has turned into a shitshow, esp when the show isn't on.

Trust though I've been a lurker and member since it started and all those YT's steal from it. Alt x might be the worst when it comes to that.

8. KontradictioN

KontradictioN (He's 40) PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +26,244
    The suicide mission was the worst, most contrived part of the plot from last season. I don’t know if the writers gave up on Dorne as much as they put it on the back burner for now. She’s very much still alive and the plan was supposedly to keep her that way. I’m confident there will be closure on that front in S8.

9. BaconGrundleCandy

Ratings:
    +2,451
    Giantsbane said it best. "Who do you have to convince. The one with dragons or the one who ****s her brother"?

Amazing considering how many people knew Bran, Mountain and other crazy magic shit going on in the world.

Great TV but made little sense.

10. captain insano

captain insano In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +2,080