Game Day Weather Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

IcyPatriot

Wall of Fame
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
This one could be fun as the week moves along.
I got this for now ...

Sunday 01/13 50% / 3-5 in

Variable clouds with snow showers.
High 33F. Winds NNE at 10 to 15 mph.
Chance of snow 50%. 3 to 5 inches of snow expected.
tumblr_myqq5kfaP91qhkbk8o1_400.gif

Snow would be great ... we have a better running game than them - all our guys are healthy.
I saw it was going to be cold, didn't hear about snow, but that would be fantastic.

30° isn't very cold tbh

Snow would be awesome, but I'm not counting on it. Particularly this year the weather folks seem to hype up all sorts of storms that never materialize. Although, I have to say that this morning was really the first bone-chilling morning I can remember this year in southern NH.

Snow would be great ... we have a better running game than them - all our guys are healthy.

Actually, if it snows enough to affect footing, Brady can throw for 4 bills on dumpoff passes.

LA forecast this week is highs in upper 60s to near 70, lows in 50s. So, 30 is kind of cold if that's where you are coming from.
Well somewhat true. Playing in 30° weather coming from being used to the 60°s is not all too bad considering they'll be active and wearing a bunch of pads. It would be far more a factor imo if the forecase was 20° with a windchill of 7° something like that.

Doesn't make it an even playing field sure, but I can't see LA being seriously bothered by 30° weather in the afternoon.

Bill Belichick takes another jab at meteorologists

“I usually don’t worry too much about the forecast until the day of the game because it is pretty hard to get that right," (Belichick) said. "We’ll see what happens.”

“Based on the forecasts we’ve gotten so far this year, none of them were very close to what the game conditions were," he said. "There was a 100 percent chance of rain last week, and the only water I saw was on the Gatorade table. It is what it is. We’ve got to be ready for whatever it is.”

“I usually don’t worry too much about the forecast until the day of the game because it is pretty hard to get that right," (Belichick) said. "We’ll see what happens.”

“Based on the forecasts we’ve gotten so far this year, none of them were very close to what the game conditions were," he said. "There was a 100 percent chance of rain last week, and the only water I saw was on the Gatorade table. It is what it is. We’ve got to be ready for whatever it is.”
Two days ago it said Sunday was supposed to be 30° and sunny. Now it says 31° and 30% chance of snow. Its gonna change several times before the day gets here

Keenan Allen always wears long sleeves, maybe he hates the cold????

He’s right of course. The most famous one of all, the Snow Bowl, was forecasted on game day to be 1-3 inches tops. Not the near whiteout conditions that actually happened.

I can’t believe that was 17 years ago. Where does the time go? And to this day I still can’t believe Vinitieri made the 45 yarder to tie it. The most cluch and shocking field goal of my life.

He’s right of course. The most famous one of all, the Snow Bowl, was forecasted on game day to be 1-3 inches tops. Not the near whiteout conditions that actually happened.

I can’t believe that was 17 years ago. Where does the time go? And to this day I still can’t believe Vinitieri made the 45 yarder to tie it. The most cluch and shocking field goal of my life.
They had 1st and 10 on the 28. 3 plays netted nothing. And Adam saved their asses.

Snow tonight.. fresh 4-6 tomorrow.. sweet..:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye