PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game 7 Thread

Dice Dice baby...
They'd better have Beckett ready to go a couple innings - Matsuzaka is a disaster waiting to happen; there's almost no reason to expect a good game. His splits (Home/Away, 1st Half/2nd Half) show a disaster waiting to happen.

I'm rooting for you guys but . . . ick to Matsuzaka.

Man I love Dice-K but the kid hasn't been doing well in the postseason. I'm worried especially after seeing his last start in Cleveland. He has passion for the game, he was so dejected after that loss. He stared at the ceiling in the locker room for half an hour after that loss probably thinking he cost us the series. He's gotta take that passion and change it into focus. Learn all he can from Schilling's notes that he took out there during game 6. Take it all in and step up and show why the Red Sox brought him here. The Red Sox have to hit off of Westbrook they usually give poor run support during Dice-K's starts. Also remember guys, that while the Red Sox did good against Sabathia and Carmona they did terrible against the rest of Cleveland's starters. Westbrook is going to use that for motivation, that he's beaten this team and Cleveland will look at the fact they've already hitted well off of Dice-K and can do it again. It'll be an exciting build-up to this game. I just hope Dice-K can take that passion into focus and become a Boston legend.

PS: To be realistic I doubt it and they'll probably lose, but I'm a pessimistic bastard anyways :p

Last edited:
Come on, doesn't anyone think that DiceK can step it up? When he is on he has nasty breaking stuff that makes batters look silly!

I'm going to go against the grain here and predict that Daisuke steps up big time and quiets the Indians offense. The Sox scouting absolutely love this kid and they think he has what it takes to be a big game pitcher. This is his chance to prove it.

Let's go DiceK and let's go Red Sox!

Come on, doesn't anyone think that DiceK can step it up? When he is on he has nasty breaking stuff that makes batters look silly!

I'm going to go against the grain here and predict that Daisuke steps up big time and quiets the Indians offense. The Sox scouting absolutely love this kid and they think he has what it takes to be a big game pitcher. This is his chance to prove it.

Let's go DiceK and let's go Red Sox!
I've been thinking the same thing. All the media is talking about Becket going a few innings and Wake being available, yada, yada, yada. Meanwhile, Dice K is got to be boiling over. I think he'll go 7 and I'll take 6 from him.

I've been thinking the same thing. All the media is talking about Becket going a few innings and Wake being available, yada, yada, yada. Meanwhile, Dice K is got to be boiling over. I think he'll go 7 and I'll take 6 from him.
i would be happy with 5 from dice k.then give me two from beckett and two from pap and hopefully its on to the WS.

Wow great 1-2-3 out first inning by DiceK. He even struck out Hafner for the cherry on top! Good start for the Diceman!!

Certainly looked good in the first - he needs to keep pumping that fastball and not f*ck around.

Daisuke has been throwing a 97MPH fastball tonight!!!!!!!

I'll take the first.

Westbrook looks nervous after 1.5 batters :D

I think there's a cultural difference in play here, we think Daisuke's penitence after game 5 was showing no mental toughness, when in fact he was showing how much he cared about winning, and how this game he's not going to lose it.

Whoa. DiceK just made the first 3 Cleveland batters each wet their pants just by thinking about a 96MPH fastball with a gyroball.

As I just told everybody here, I don't care what anyone says, JD Drew SUCKS.

One double play grounder does not a player make. He hit the ball hard and still almost beat it to first. Good to see him hustling at least...

Dice is looking okay tonight...... Time for some serious run support.

Another 1-2-3 inning for DiceK in the second!! Matsuzaka has his nasty stuff going today. He is making the Cleveland batters take some silly swings with his 85 mph offspeed stuff. And his 95-97 mph fastball forces them to respect the heat so it becomes even harder to not to end up swinging ahead of the off-speed stuff. Kind of a catch 22 there!

DiceK looking like Da Man so far! :rocker:

DK has the law of averages on his side tonight is the way I see it. He's not only due but he is overdue...well, actually he is just due. He never had 3 stinkers in a row all season, he's had 2 in a row up to today ... it's in the bag.

Just remember guys, "Bad Dice-K" usually doesn't show up until the 3rd or 4th inning. Having said that, he's looking downright nasty so far.

Dice K 2 strikeouts in the 3rd.

Guy is solid, the media was wrong about this guy.

Huge K of Sizemore in the 3rd inning with a runner on 2nd.
Big DiceK is Da Big Nasty tonight! :cool:

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back