SOURCE:Yahoo! Sports

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: Jets
Sun
Sep 22nd
Right Now At PatsFans.com:
White Wash
It was a whitewash in Miami as the Patriots defense rocked the Dolphins and New England improved to 2-0 on the season.

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

Future's not looking good for ESPN

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by raduray, Aug 11, 2017.

1. Clonamery

Clonamery PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +12,917
    ---
    I could go for the far, far less disgusting habit...pats cheerleaders coated in butter and sugar.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. 1960Pats

1960Pats PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +11,000
    ---
    I think most of us agree that this is a great place for sports discussion and that we'd prefer discussing that to politics. However, there are football topics that lean that way at times and if anyone wants to discuss them, or give their opinions, I'd rather hear those also. Like you say, it doesn't really come up all that much.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. TB_Helmet

TB_Helmet In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +6,785
    ---
    Did you read that Lynch / Bennett thread that was up earlier this week? There was no discussion or opinions in there. It was the compiled ravings of the lunatic fringe. You don't need to come here to hear people's opinions on politically-oriented NFL topics like Kaepernick. Just turn on sports radio and you'll hear the same five talking points on both sides of the issue. People on here all say the exact same thing about him that everyone else does. I respect your interest in hearing people's opinions about Kaep, but don't think you'll learn anything that you wouldn't get anywhere else (unlike most Patriots-related discussions where you'd only get it here).

The reason politics don't come up that often is that the moderators usually delete it before it gets out of control, so people know that they shouldn't even start political threads in the first place. Like I said before, I've seen plenty of forums dedicated to specific, non-political subjects, where politics crept in and took over. Moderators need to have a quick trigger finger to prevent that from happening, IMO.

4. Tony2046

Tony2046 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +32,123
    ---
    Certainly entitled to your opinion but the Lynch/Bennett thread was fine until the last page or so.

5. 1960Pats

Ratings:
    +11,000
    ---
    Oh how I long for the day when sports radio is actually about sports. However, I gave up on that dream a long time ago.

One of my HS classmates has a son who's in the sports radio business here, and I had a good discussion about sports talk with him last year. The three biggest problems in my mind are the fact that they stray too far into politics, talk about themselves far too much and that even when they talk sports they act as if there aren't any sports stories outside of Route 495.

6. JarOfMayo51

JarOfMayo51 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +6,232
    ---

Yup, if they get their way then that $9.99 a month netflix subscription will cost you $50 or more because of what Comcast will charge Netflix to use "their" bandwidth

There are people that would try to own the air we breath and charge you per breath if it were possible.. Its an example of extreme capitalism and how it can easily get just as out of control as any other type of system

The government had to get involved and break up Bell/AT&T because of the same exact type of monopoly that was forming with phone lines that Comcast now has with internet connections

As wasteful as they are, the government can still be useful at times

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2017
  7. Deus Irae

Deus Irae PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +49,854
    ---
    Yes, it's factually accurate, and your post is asinine.

8. Thelonious

Thelonious Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +1,047
    ---
    I can't convey, without lapsing into the most embarrassingly excrementitious language, how deeply I despise that flabby rectal P.O.S., espn. I hope that's clear enough for ya.

9. JPPT1974

JPPT1974 On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +86
    ---
    ESPN has gone to the dogs. For a few years or so. Need to keep sports sports nad politics separate.

10. 1960Pats

Ratings:
    +11,000
    ---
    Unfortunately, sports became the same as the entertainment industry and starting using it's position to influence people politically. It's been all downhill since.