2020 Patriots Season:
Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: N/A

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

Jackson 2

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Crying wolf. Nothing would please me more than seeing them go under, but it's not happening. Downsizing? Yes. Dying? Not a chance.

oldrover

"You're gonna have to serve somebody..."

"You mean... I'm not popular? Me. Me?!? Seriously? How can that be?"

deroc5050

In the Starting Line-Up
The problem is... as these cable companies start to bleed money I hope they don't some how seize the internet. I have seen some forced advertisement on the Net but not a huge issue at this moment.

But you know some greedy ****s are going to try and figure out a way to force people into a decision. I wouldn't mind paying for a Patriots package on the internet or paying for what I would watch. Hopefully this is where the business goes.

jmt57

Staff member
maybe they'll finally stop this whole tabloid news/hot takes bullsh*t they've been doing.

Go back to real sports reporting and sports programming and enough with acting like Access Hollywood
Compare the lists of people they axed to who they kept. Look at the shows they still air and promote versus ones that have disappeared over the years.

I don't expect that to be happening anytime soon. They've made their choice to place their bets on HotTakez over quality pre and post game x's and o's analysis.

I'm surprised that E:60 and 30 for 30 survived; they don't fit in to their current business plan. Considering that they are in a cost cutting mode one or both could well be the next to go, easily replaced by a segment that is much less expensive to produce: another faux debate show, or a round table featuring one semi-attractive woman, one loudmouth and one doofus, talking over each other while gossiping and tsk-tsking the latest contrived controversy.

Perhaps if ESPN stopped alienating 50% of the country by pushing one sided politics they wouldn't be in the position they're in...

If that was the case then there should have also been a corresponding uptick in the ratings on Fox Sports 1, NBC Sports Channel and CBS Sports Network. That hasn't been the case whatsoever.

signbabybrady

Pro Bowl Player
The problem is... as these cable companies start to bleed money I hope they don't some how seize the internet. I have seen some forced advertisement on the Net but not a huge issue at this moment.

But you know some greedy ****s are going to try and figure out a way to force people into a decision. I wouldn't mind paying for a Patriots package on the internet or paying for what I would watch. Hopefully this is where the business goes.
They'll find a way. In the end we'll wind up paying more for less content.

ausbacker

TB12
PatsFans.com Supporter
People vote with their feet. ESPN's demise is solely of their own doing. Naturally, the lesson that people are fed up with fabricated ratings narratives and interjecting social justice warrior causes (and politics for that matter) into one of the few retreats people have from a pretty stark world; sports, will go straight over the top of the ESPN brass.

Wheelman

Pro Bowl Player

Oh they already have that problem covered. There was a poster who had some knowledge of the telco companies. And how they believed they'll be able to force internet rates 3 times as high as it is now. That's how they'll cover the loss in TV subscription revenue.

Governments need to put a stop to this price gouging. Not cool when they have a monopoly going.

Deus Irae

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
PatsFans.com Supporter
ESPN thought it was a good idea to alienate a boatload of its customers by going political, and going left. ESPN also thought it was a good idea to hire/fire for diversity purposes instead of focusing on hiring/maintaining qualified individuals for good product purposes. And it did this in the face of a sea change in viewership habits, which has led to the acceleration of its decline.

I look forward to its demise.

Deus Irae

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
PatsFans.com Supporter
BTW, on a related note:

Ultrafast wi-fi, which is 100 times quicker than today’s mobile networks is on the horizon, after scientists proved they could send complex data using high-frequency radiation.

The researchers sent video signals using terahertz, rather than traditional microwaves, at speeds of 50 gigabytes per second. Most wireless networks only operate at top speeds of 500 megabytes a second.

The breakthrough could lead to high-speed streaming on the go.

Ultrafast wi-fi on horizon as scientists send data at 100 times current speeds