PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Fury / Wilder III

Pape

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Anyone see this fight?

It was a pretty good fight from the outset...

Lots of heavy hits... and at one point, it looked like both the challenger and the champ were close to getting knocked out early on... Tyson Fury was knocked down twice in a single round (cant remember which specific round) and literally looked like he was hurt... Wilder just couldnt finish the big man off though...

Towards the end of the fight you could tell that Wilder was spent... fight should probably been stopped a little sooner than it was imo... but the last time he hit the deck in the 10th or 11th, you knew it was over...

Fury is such a big dude... and he plays a great game because of his stature, he can just put his weight on his opponent... and i really hadnt noticed before he has a pretty good inside game... ripped Wilder with some serious uppercuts from that close in fighting stance... some real monster shots...

All in all it was a great fight...

Anyone see this fight?

It was a pretty good fight from the outset...

Lots of heavy hits... and at one point, it looked like both the challenger and the champ were close to getting knocked out early on... Tyson Fury was knocked down twice in a single round (cant remember which specific round) and literally looked like he was hurt... Wilder just couldnt finish the big man off though...

Towards the end of the fight you could tell that Wilder was spent... fight should probably been stopped a little sooner than it was imo... but the last time he hit the deck in the 10th or 11th, you knew it was over...

Fury is such a big dude... and he plays a great game because of his stature, he can just put his weight on his opponent... and i really hadnt noticed before he has a pretty good inside game... ripped Wilder with some serious uppercuts from that close in fighting stance... some real monster shots...

All in all it was a great fight...

Great fight,I give wilder a lot of credit for hanging in there. I thought the announcers were over hyping his chances though. yes he had the two knock downs in round 4. But i thought fury dominated every other round except round 1

One of the better fights I've seen in a minute. The hype, moment and quality was top tier.

Props to DW but like @fightingirish595 said I thought Fury was in clear control besides two rounds.

Fury is just a different breed. Bc of everything he's been through you can't intimidate him. Incredible size and movement skills for someone 270+.

I really like what Usyk is doing but he's so small compared to Fury. Still two great boxers at heavyweight, nice to see. I wouldn't hate it if Usyk takes care of business again vs AJ.

Incredible fight. Glad I remembered it was on just 5 minutes before it started.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Back