PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Free Agency 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
any free agent HC and Coaching Staffs?

Coaching Staff i seen mentioned that Minnesota DC will join the patriots staff apparently. Don't personally buy into it

London Fletcher is predicting David Amerson to sign with the Patriots, which might not be a complete shot in the dark considering that Fletcher played in the NFL with Amerson and in college with Caserio. Probably wouldn’t be a significant investment.

Interesting.

Amerson (6010/205) was originally a 2nd-round pick (#51) out of NC State by the Skins. He had some very good Combine/Pro Day testing numbers in 2013:

4.44/40, 1.57/10yd .. 15 reps .. 38.5 vj/132 lg .. 4.13 ss/6.75 3cone

--- Missed only two games until this season, when he missed 10 games, 9 of those due to a foot injury he suffered in mid-October.
--- Playing almost entirely at CB (both boundaries), prior to 2017 he averaged about 60 total tackles, 2 INT, 15 PD (high of 26 PD his first season with OAK in 2015) over the course of his first four seasons, split between the Skins and the Raiders.

He was waived by the Skins during the 2015 season and claimed by OAK, where he went on to have a career year. In July 2016, the Raiders gave him a 4-year, $33M ($18M guaranteed) extension on his rookie deal. Apparently, he never played up to it.

I'm not certain about Fletcher's proficiency as an analyst for things like this, but he is one of the most underrated LBs in the recent history of the game.

Isn’t DE Ziggy Ansah a free agent ? I would be all over that if he is. Just what the doctor ordered. Richardson would be a nice pickup too. But he has to be on his best behavior. I think Jarvis Landry and Demarcus Lawrence are pipe dreams, though Landry is a Belichick kind of player.

Ansah, Landry and Lawrence aren't even close to being affordable for the Pats this year. I doubt that Richardson will be, either.

We paid Gilmore not saying we will but BB will break protocal and make things work for players he covets.

We paid Gilmore not saying we will but BB will break protocal and make things work for players he covets.

When the Pats signed Gilmore last season, they had nearly $60M in cap space. This season, they might be able to squeeze out $30M. Maybe.

They also have a bunch of in-house UFA to re-sign.

How cheap does eifert become with his injury history? I would think he needs to be on a club with an established #1 TE wheee his targets are limited. But with his size he becomes a redzone weapon

This might be controversial but I'd try to trade Cooks. I like him, I just don't think he's a game changer.

No reason to trade someone that is still here on a discount (even if it is the most expensive year of the rookie contract) and most importantly Brady likes.

If he wants to cash in a year later and becomes not valuable relative to his role then he can leave in exchange for a third round comp pick a year later.

Hightower and the two players we need to add to push him down. Hell, I hope Langi puts himself in play to be one of them during camp.

Do you have specific names for these two players and how the Pats can be certain they'll acquire them?

Richardson is a bad culture fit

Tavon Austin if he's cut?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back