PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Four Downs: Breaking down the AFC East

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trenchant, fact-filled article!

Sure makes mincemeat of Eric Moulds ... about whom some here have their hopes up ... doesn't it?

What about veteran wide receiver Eric Moulds? Moulds did not see eye to eye with the previous Bills regime, even getting suspended for a game during the 2005 season. His numbers have dropped in recent years, and he has an absurdly high cap figure of $10.85 million. The team asked him to take a pay cut, and he refused. The team planned on releasing him and moving on. But the new CBA changes things, and the team could theoretically keep Moulds under the new, higher cap. But why would they want to?

Moulds' "personal advisor," Greg Johnson, told the Buffalo News that "We believe Eric is a top-10 talent at his position, and he should be paid that way." .... Our advanced stats at Football Outsiders have ranked Moulds as a below-average receiver for three straight seasons; check out the 2005 numbers, and you'll find Moulds way down, ranked 56th in DPAR (Defense-adjusted Points Above Replacement) out of 89 receivers thrown at least 40 passes. Of course, poor quarterbacking can be partially blamed for Moulds' decline, but it is clear Moulds is no longer the best receiver on his team, let alone one of the top 10 in the entire NFL or even the AFC. (For fun, here's a list of 10 AFC receivers who are clearly better than Moulds, in random order: Hines Ward, Marvin Harrison, Deion Branch, Chad Johnson, Rod Smith, Randy Moss, Chris Chambers, Reggie Wayne, Eddie Kennison and teammate Lee Evans.)

Now that is a real good argument why PATs may
be better off letting Adam Vinatieri find another home.
Adam should read it.

I will still miss him if he goes.

Oh....I get it....

broadwayjoe said:
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5399534

This seems like an intersting article.

So all of a sudden Nick Saban is a hero for the doofins......and only took ONE year to bring the doofins a winning record and set them UP as a super bowl favorite!!!???? what a bunch of horse sh**..........I live behind the enemy lines here in S. Florida.....and before the "inflated" 6 game winning streak.....the wishy washy fans down here were ready to HANG NICK SABAN.....now all of a sudden they are talking about putting a bronze statue of him right next to Shula. Heck,.....might as well clear a space in the hall for ole' nick right now!!!! Give me a freakin break!!!! This guy was shi# one day....then gets 6 "VERY predicable" wins to finish of the season.....one against our F*($ scrubs I might add............and all of a sudden they are SB contenders??? Who writes this crap????

enjoyed that article. It presents a good baseline scenario for us fans as we enter into Free Agency

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots