I like the one post that said that last years defeat
to the Colts awoke a sleeping giant.
Thanks for the link Nordberg.

Re: Former Moss Fan Opionions.

You know VIking fans loved Randy.
I like the one post that said that last years defeat
to the Colts awoke a sleeping giant.
Thanks for the link Nordberg.

No prob.....It's been fun sniffing the other sites to see what the rest of the league is saying. I have found it quite commical to say the least.

Finally joined up for this site.....doesn't seem to be as much on the other

No prob.....It's been fun sniffing the other sites to see what the rest of the league is saying. I have found it quite commical to say the least.

Finally joined up for this site.....doesn't seem to be as much on the other

I thought I your name looked familiar.
Welcome aboard . You'll find this site has alot of activity.

Personally I like viewing Jets forums and Fish forums, watching some members crapping their pants and being depressed while others are saying its a "move of desperation because they hear the Jets' footsteps". LOL

Personally I like viewing Jets forums and Fish forums, watching some members crapping their pants and being depressed while others are saying its a "move of desperation because they hear the Jets' footsteps". LOL

Whatever helps you sleep at night, baby.

Caine said:
I am often amused by people who overuse the term "cancer" and overblow any situation to support that allegation. Years ago that was primarily limited to the media-tards and Packer fans but more and more often I now see the same sort of attitude here.

Moss was never a "cancer", he was an incredibly driven - and frequently frustrated - player who simply wanted to WIN. I used to cringe, week after week, as the Vikings would score 30+ points, only to watch our Defense hand it all back - and more - to the opposing offense. And, during that period, many of us ranted and raved about Red *cornholes cats* McCombs failing to spend money and field a defense. The difference between Randy and the rest of us is that he had cameras on him, we didn't.

The he goes to Oakland, a team with NO offense. Injury hampered him early, but it was fairly obvious early on that nothing - not even Moss in his prime - was going to salvage the incompetance in Oakland. So, after two incredibly bland seasons (the last one with Moss openly wanting out), Oakland did the only thing Oakland could do - they traded him.

So now he's in New England. OH MY GOD!!!!! This team was on the doorstep of another Superbowl already, now it's only gotten tougher. With all the potential there, with all the ability there, with the great coaching and the PROVEN ability to win, I really don't see Randy EVER having a problem. He wants to win and he wants to be surrounded by others who want it as well.

...and he finally IS/

Ltrey said:
The Pats are going to be gol 'darnit good this year. They loaded up on receivers and defense and are still one of the best coached teams in the league. Hell, they were collapse away from the Super Bowl LAST year. I think they're the favorites for the Super Bowl this year.

Anywho, this will good for Moss I think.

He's finally going to be around some strong personalities, something he hasn't had. In Minnesota when he had Carter to yell at him, he was very productive and wasn't a problem. Then Carter left and Tice came in as head coach. We had a pansy jiggly butt quarterback with little leadership ability in Culpepper and a player loving coach in Tice and Moss caused problems. Then he went to Oakland where he never had a strong quarterback or coach.

Now he's got a strong coach and a great quarterback who is also a great leader. This is the beginning of Moss's second career, IMO.

These two posts echo a lot of what Don Banks said when he was on with Felger today. He covered the Vikings before he was tapped by ESPN and he was there for the first three years of Randy's career - when they went 36-12 and were in the playoffs every year. Then Green got canned and Tice took over and the combination of lousy ownership, crappy coaching and incompetent QB'ing led to 4 years of 28-36. Don said even the year of the famous he quit on his team in the playoffs rant, that wasn's a great team he scuttled, it was a dysfunctional 8-8 team that crawled into the playoffs. He said winning is what motivates Randy, and he just can't stand losing. Which would make him a BB kind of football player...and one who put his money where his mouth is. He thinks Randy could have his best season since '98-2000.

Randy isn't a leader, he's a follower - but that's fine 'cause we have no shortage of good coaches and team leaders here.

good read , thanks im seeing alot of respect for moss and the team . i like it........:rocker: :singing: we are gonna be tough

Wow, Vikings fans seem to either love Moss or hate him.

One interesting point that was brought up in that thread was Brett Favre left a game at the metrodome early by 27 seconds and no one said a word. Randy Moss left a game 2 seconds early, and the entire world exploded.

One interesting point that was brought up in that thread was Brett Favre left a game at the metrodome early by 27 seconds and no one said a word. Randy Moss left a game 2 seconds early, and the entire world exploded.

Hey, I didn't know that. But since it's St. Favre, I'm not surprised.

When did that happen?

Moss is now in a situation where he doesn't have to be the face of the franchise. He can just go out and make plays on gameday and he doesn't have to carry this team.

Moss is now in a situation where he doesn't have to be the face of the franchise. He can just go out and make plays on gameday and he doesn't have to carry this team.

Yup, Moss is coming into possibly the perfect situation for him. The fact that he would not restructure his deal for any OTHER team, only for the Pats, well that speaks volumes on how much he wants to be here. I love it. Randy Moss is the prodigal son come home, home to New England.

Sound like a running back we know?

My bro in law is a huge Vikings fan, but I also know he is a closet NE fan, was amazed that that Pats pulled this off.. he predicts that Moss will flourish in this environment and the Pats just went over the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes