Former failure Belichick has no chance this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

fgssand

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
More garbage from Realfootball 365.

The article is really about who is the better coach -- Gibbs or BB, which I say is rediculous as they are both very good coaches and there is no need for this debate.

"Meanwhile, Belichick, a former failure in Cleveland before joining New England in 2000, has a Patriots roster that seems to be crumbling in talent. The team went 10-6 last season and suffered a brutal defeat at the hands of the Denver Broncos in the Divisional Round. Key title contributors of the past such as linebacker Willie McGinest, receiver David Givens and kicker Adam Vinatieri departed during the offseason, so Belichick will have a substantial amount of work cut out for him. "

http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/articles/2006/06/joe-gibbs-redskins160606.html

fgssand said:

The article is really about who is the better coach -- Gibbs or BB, which I say is rediculous as they are both very good coaches and there is no need for this debate.

"Meanwhile, Belichick, a former failure in Cleveland before joining New England in 2000, has a Patriots roster that seems to be crumbling in talent. The team went 10-6 last season and suffered a brutal defeat at the hands of the Denver Broncos in the Divisional Round. Key title contributors of the past such as linebacker Willie McGinest, receiver David Givens and kicker Adam Vinatieri departed during the offseason, so Belichick will have a substantial amount of work cut out for him. "

http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/articles/2006/06/joe-gibbs-redskins160606.html
Crumbling in talent??? LOL...LOL

Man the Pats suck. Its the apocalypse lets all abandon the Pats cuz this b00b says we have crumbling talent. :mad:

Wow, remind me never to go to that site again :mad:

Pats726 said:

This nimrod really has a way with words. I guess we're lucky the failure in Cleveland was crumbling in lack of talent back in 2000 or we'd probably have been buried hip deep in crumbles instead of lombardi's by now.

What a homer. Gibbs is a good coach but his team advanced no further than the Pats did last season. This proves he is better than BB how? BB has 3 rings on his fingers already. He has nothing to prove.

I think the Pats are poised to win it all again this year as long as they can stay healthy.

VJCPatriot said:
What a homer. Gibbs is a good coach but his team advanced no further than the Pats did last season. This proves he is better than BB how? BB has 3 rings on his fingers already. He has nothing to prove.

I think the Pats are poised to win it all again this year as long as they can stay healthy.

Good observations, but we should be aware that, yes, this is a rebuilding year for the Pats. But equally important, in spite of this (or because of it?) they will challenge again for it all.

That translates into bad news for the rest of the league in future years!

Last edited by a moderator:
I really liked this comment...

Shaun said:
Let's also not forget that when BB took over the Patriots, it was an already strong team molded in Parcell's eyes.

:rolleyes:

BelichickFan has it right... that garbage site is unworthy of our attention.

Patriotic Fervor said:
Good observations, but we should be aware that, yes, this is a rebuilding year for the Pats. But equally important, in spite of this (or because of it?) they will challenge again for it all.
I don't think it's a rebuilding year at all. Most of our vets are returning. We have some important new pieces that could be a part of continued winning for years to come but it's more continuous building than rebuilding.

This guy, Connor Byrne, has an article where he picks the Pats as #6, he picks Seattle, Pittsburgh, Colts, Redskins, Carolina ahead of our team. For more pearls of wisdom, here is the link:

http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/articles/2006/06/nfl-preview-june150606.html

6.) New England - Is the dynasty beginning to crumble? In recent years the coaching staff has been pillaged by the college ranks as well as the NFL. Arguably the best head coach, Bill Belichick, still resides in Massachusetts, and they still have the ultimate QB in Tom Brady. However, no longer is Adam Vinatieri there to kick winning field goals. The team has gotten older, and there are certainly question marks. The Patriots still should be considered the division favorites in a weak AFC East.

Ultimate bullsh!t.

The team was a bunch of no-names and washups in 2003, and the talking heads couldn't explain why Belichick was carrying all those professional also rans. Vinatieri was fighting for his job in 2000, before he became a household name. McGinest was a forgotten veteran who never quite reached his full potential under Pete Carroll, and people were looking forward to his likely retirement. Now that they're famous, and we suddenly cant live without them?

Hell, we've lost veterans every year since BB took charge, and have always reloaded with young players or top notch veterans. They're not famous yet, but how can any reasonable person right off the talent?

Last edited:
BelichickFan said:
Wow, remind me never to go to that site again :mad:

Me too! Where do they get these writers.......

Former failure?? BB is a former failure......hahaha!! Aren't we all? ;)

What do they call all those year with Gibbs in Washington that they did not win the Super Bowl? Are those the Aw, Shucks seasons? The better luck next year seasons? Guess what, those seasons were failures!!! Fricken dumbass!

fgssand said:

Put this crap on the bulletin board. Good motivational stuff...this will get Rodney pumped:D .

Patriotic Fervor said:

That translates into bad news for the rest of the league in future years!

For the record, we don't rebuild, we reload!!! You are right on your 2nd point - we will challenge again for it all.

The problem for most of these clowns is they don't really know the subject.

The team Bill Parcells molded with his eyes :rolleyes: must have been an optical illusion because after he bailed on them with Cumar in tow Pete Carroll could do nothing but get fired with the group that remained.

Belichick in fact had to throw out half the mold and start over from scratch 4 years after Tuna bailed on his molding talent, which is why what they did in 2001 came as such a shock to astute observers like this clown. Most were prepared to chalk that one up to some sort of karmic convergence, and 2002 cemented that view for them.

Then 2003 and 2004 happened, and it was clearly time for some revisionist thinking because that had to mean we were chock full of heretofor underappreciated talent because you don't win 3 out of 4 because your lucky. So now every time 1/53rd of that 2003-2004 roster is lost I guess we are crumbling in talent. :rolleyes:

And the talent that remains is getting older. Not old mind you, just older. I guess the other 31 teams have found some magic fountain of youth and their talent is not aging. Of course in some cases it's obvious they had not been maturing or measurably improving either, but it's more fun when assessing to just assume they suddenly will this year because as we know other teams youngsters always live up to or exceed their hype while the headscratchers we acquire usually remain unrecognizable even in the group photos with the president. ;)

He seems to have a brain cramp while assessing some teams while he fairly nails others. The 'Skins are aging exponentially at QB and they have absolutely nothing in place to legitimately back Brunnel up. NBD though 'cause they got Gibbs. Pittsburgh's QB may be unrecognizable to his own team, and they have a few other problems like losing the Bus ticket they've been riding on for all these years and have a Porter holdout looming as he recovers from knee surgery. And of course the Colts lost Edge, but big deal. Like he said there is no reason to believe they won't be marching deep into January or February....well no reason that is except freakin' history. :rolleyes:

He hit on Denver but then left them at 7 anyway out of respect for Jake's first and last freak manageable season as a Bronco. And I love how everyone assumes that Eli will get better....with a 53% completion rate heading into year 3 old pick me #1 or else better. At least he put Miami in it's proper perspective at #18.

MoLewisrocks said:
while the headscratchers we acquire usually remain unrecognizable even in the group photos with the president. ;)

:rofl:

Great line, Mo. I love it!

Pats726 said:
Yup. The 2006 team is going to be more talented than the 2001 team.

GJAJ15 said:
This guy, Connor Byrne, has an article where he picks the Pats as #6, he picks Seattle, Pittsburgh, Colts, Redskins, Carolina ahead of our team. For more pearls of wisdom, here is the link:

http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/articles/2006/06/nfl-preview-june150606.html

6.) New England - Is the dynasty beginning to crumble? In recent years the coaching staff has been pillaged by the college ranks as well as the NFL. Arguably the best head coach, Bill Belichick, still resides in Massachusetts, and they still have the ultimate QB in Tom Brady. However, no longer is Adam Vinatieri there to kick winning field goals. The team has gotten older, and there are certainly question marks. The Patriots still should be considered the division favorites in a weak AFC East.
LMFAO Older? Its gotten about 15 times younger.

fgssand said:

Who wrote this crap? Ed the Drunken Fireman at the Meadowlands? LOL!!! I EXPECT to see another Super Bowl title this year. They are going to be fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes