PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Flip-flopping QB's...

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsox23

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
I realize it's possible that the drop-kick was Sign One that Flutie will definitely hang it up, but I'm wondering about this possibility:

Given his value as an experienced, big-game, talented and bright QB (and resource for #12), and given Cassel's somewhat promising showing thus far, might it be worth exploring the following leap-frog depth-chart for 2006:

1) Brady
2) Cassel
3) Flutie

Probably won't happen, but I wouldn't mind seeing that. And not just because Cassel, while sporting potential, has a very small sample-size on his side, even now.

Last edited:
Well, the Pats could keep Flutie around becuase they are facing a few mobile quarterbacks next year. Plummer is definitely one of them. They could also end up facing Culpepper if the rumors are true that Miami is trying to get him.

But it is more likely that they will try and bring Huard back because he is so good at mimicing other pocket type passers (Manning).

I think you're wrong

patsox23 said:
Probably won't happen

I think your speculation is plausible. Flutie wants a ring and he could get one here next year. Bill likes him, he'll be cheap, and he'll be happy to be a role player. Maybe he becomes the defacto QB coach -- work with the new guy and all that.

I'm no Flutie Flake, but I would not be surprised to see him in camp.

I was going to suggest Damon Huard, but heard he has to work to hard being just a back up, and is to laid back for that.. He would be good, but guess he is not going to come back.. Cant think of any vet qb's out there right now..

Flutie looked useless to me

I know he didn't play much but when he did I thought he looked pretty bad.
The only decent backup we ever had was Tom Brady and we didn't even know that he was great until he had a chance.

If Brady had been hurt in the last few years we would have been toast. Who knows what Cassel can really do?

Flutie is not the answer to anything

Patriots, including the HC, seen chatting up Brodie Croyle at Senior Bowl, according to draftdaddy.com.

I'd like to see Flutie dropping to 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye