PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kraft Orchids Case - Prosecuters Want a Tug Rule?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I have no idea. I thought your post was a tongue in cheek remark and not a serious question.

I am guessing politicians .... on a Federal level like congressmen... who else could it be that is bigger?

I think we overestimate the amount your average joe knows or cares about NFL owners. Could be literally any athlete, politician, actor, etc.

Who else is sweating bullets right now?

So why isn't TMZ or someone on top of this? Not asking you directly, just in general. Haven't the police dept charged this "bigger name" or are FLA police just hating on a PAT? They say 25 people are on the list of people charged and none are "bigger" AFAIC.

Who knows, we might find some good players in the penitentiary getting out soon.

"Mr. Kraft was said to have patronized a spa called Orchids of Asia, in Jupiter. The police said Mr. Kraft visited a spa in Jupiter twice, dropped off by a driver."
Do they have actual proof that he did something illegal there?

Other articles say that they have the people being charged on video both soliciting and receiving sex acts, so the answer to that is a) almost certainly yes, and b) I do not envy the jury that's going to have to watch a video of Bob Kraft getting serviced by a sex slave.

I've so far defended billionaires in this thread and now I'm going to defend cops and prosecutors, goddamn you fnord, but building a case you can bring to court isn't very easy and usually takes a great deal of time. These locations usually aren't one-offs either, the people running then usually have a network, and inevitably that involves coordination with state and federal law enforcement and customs/immigrations, or even diplomatic efforts if the ringleader is a foreign national.

I suspect you rope big name johns because there's a chance that the billionaire might have a relationship with the ringleader (not involvement in the ring, but possibly contact with them or whatever) as opposed to just the workaday sex worker.

Ok, good points.

But if we don't hear about follow-up felony sex trafficking arrests I'm gonna be annoyed. I won't lie, I am suspicious about the sex trafficking angle. There's varying levels of coercion and there's definitely an undercurrent that suggests any woman who opts for sex work is being directly or indirectly sex trafficked. I also don't trust cops very much, I've seen too many "this guy who had a baggie of shake was actually a kingpin" type **** from LE.

I'm impressed by the massage parlor know-how on display here. I'd never thought about the sex trafficking bit but it now seems an obvious possibility or worse yet likelihood.

Other articles say that they have the people being charged on video both soliciting and receiving sex acts, so the answer to that is a) almost certainly yes, and b) I do not envy the jury that's going to have to watch a video of Bob Kraft getting serviced by a sex slave.
Nauseating.

Bob really not making Myra rest in prace woman rolling in grave again.:confused:

The girls who work at those Asian places are typically not "trafficked." The Asian girls in the NYC rub joints paid a lot of money to get into the USA. They make about $1k a day tax free. With that kind of $$$ there's plenty of girls ready, willing, and able to work these places, there's no need to force the unwilling into it. I'm sure human trafficking happens but it's not as common as people think simply because it isn't necessary or practical.

They might take in $1k a day. They do not take it home. That money goes straight to the pockets of the people in control of the operation.

You come off as trying to frame it as if Kraft went there with having 100% knowledge all the workers there were indebted sex workers

I didn’t say 100% knowledge, but he should have had an inkling. Most educated people would, especially if the women were foreign and had accents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back