PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kraft Orchids Case - Prosecuters Want a Tug Rule?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this wasn't a sports board, I'd happily slap you around about how this stuff works with the law. As it is a sports board, I'll just tell you that mistakes happen, evidence can be incorrectly interpreted, and a host of other problems can come to light.

Do you imply that the police misrepresented video of Bob Kraft in a sex act?

If Im Bob Kraft I want you on my legal team.

The deal in NYC typically $200/session. The girl usually sees 10 clients/day. She keeps 1/2. The house takes the other half and pays security, the phone girl, and the cook/cleaning lady.

I know this from being a lawyer in NYC (not a client).

They all say that.

Honestly, yes, I would be shocked. Draft pick fines are for football infractions. You deal with massive off-field infractions like this by forcing the owner out, Donald Sterling style. Moving forward, this is no longer Bob Kraft's team. The only question will be whether it's Jonathan's. (My guess is yes.)

Yeah, this precedent has been set a few times over, most recently with Irsay. Owners get slapped on the wrist. However you feel about this (and I do think it's extremely ****ed up and would have no problem at all with Bob being forced out), it's simply not a football-related matter. Saying that the Pats should be stripped of picks due to this makes no more sense than saying we should've been stripped of first round picks for employing a murderer in Aaron Hernandez.

This is the saddest thing I've seen all day. I hope the women get justice. I also hope that if Kraft really did involve himself, that he hands over the team to his son and removes himself from the public eye. I have to remind myself that I root for the players, not for the owner, but it still doesn't make me feel good about the Patriots at the moment.

The deal in NYC typically $200/session. The girl usually sees 10 clients/day. She keeps 1/2. The house takes the other half and pays security, the phone girl, and the cook/cleaning lady.

I know a lot of lawyers in New York and not a one of them claims to have in-depth knowledge of Chinatown rub-n-tugs sheerly by virtue of being a lawyer in New York.

Link??

I think we now know why Kraft dropped the deflategate lawsuit.

Roger had the dirt on him.

Slavery, forced labor, and rape have been around forever! What's the big deal ya squares?! Lighten up a little!

How do you not get that the human beings doing the "happy endings" were Chinese migrants forced to pay off "debts" for being brought to the US? It was not a consensual activity.
I agree with you that the bigger picture is terrible, but we disagree with how much that pertains to the situation of Bob Kraft and his poor judgement in this scenario.

We can’t pin the world’s problems on Bob Kraft deciding to accept the offer of extra services with his massage. It’s been a fairly common occurrence in these places for a long time.

Bart Scott on WFAN is calling for the Patriots to lose first round draft picks over this, seeing as though that's the only way to make the Patriots feel some pain. Just fining or "suspending" Kraft (a billionaire) won't do anything so it's got to be something like the loss of first round draft picks.

I mean there's stupid and there's Bart Scott stupid. And yet, would ANY of us REALLY be shocked if the NFL did something like that? Honestly?
Scott may be the single worst post NFL career media member I have ever witnessed. Even Ray Lewis who is god awful heinous is more tolerable to me.

I know a lot of lawyers in New York and not a one of them claims to have in-depth knowledge of Chinatown rub-n-tugs sheerly by virtue of being a lawyer in New York.

Maybe they go to Jersey.

No, but the guy has been an embarrassment since Myra died, and while for the first few years I was hesitant to pass any kind of judgment since grief works in really strange ways, I think we're well past the "he really needs to be out of the public eye" stage of things, and I think we were there even before this bust. The guy's clearly got some issues to work through and the longer he does so in the public eye the more he undermines whatever image and legacy he believes he and his wife built in better times. If this leads to Robert stepping aside and Jonathan taking the reins, I think that's probably for the best.

Jimmy Irsay is an embarrassment.

Bob is nowhere close to that level.

I might need your card if I visit NYC again.

And what's more, IT WILL NEVER GO AWAY.

Jim Irsay was arrested five years ago, and nobody on this forum lets the Colts forget it for a minute.
Agreed 100% - these people in here that are defending a horny 77 year old man who could of got legitimate 21-30 year old putang anywhere else legally are just as embarrassing as Kraft's act himself

1934? Wow

The issue for me is if there is sex trafficking, but as a john you really can't know for sure unless the sex worker tells you or has a pimp or something.
Maybe you can't know "for sure", but if the establishment you go to is the type of establishment that has sex slaves for most of its workforce, you don't get to say "I had no idea there were trafficked people here!"

What "um"? Trafficked means forced. Those Korean girls didn't pay some guy $50k to bring them over so they could land a waitress job in NY.

Yes, they go into massive debt they can't pay off to come to the US, often basically sold by their families or with the promise of a new life (usually with remittances to their families), and that debt is the coercion that hangs over their head as they're forced to see clients for pitiful change in exploitative, unsafe, and unhygienic conditions. That "payment" is literally the trafficking part you dope - it's indentured servitude, plain and simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back