First ever TV 'double doubleheader' in Week 17

Status
Not open for further replies.

pats1

PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/9894684

First-ever 'double doubleheader' in Week 17

(Dec. 28, 2006) -- With a record 20 teams remaining in the Super Bowl race, fans will be able to follow more of the action on Sunday, Dec. 31, as the first-ever NFL television "double doubleheader" airs on CBS and FOX.

Every television market other than those with a home game will receive a 1 p.m. ET game on CBS and FOX and a 4:15 p.m. ET game on each network. This is the first time fans in those markets will receive four Sunday afternoon games.

"With tight playoff races and so much interest in so many games, a Week 17 double doubleheader offers fans more football as they look ahead to the playoffs," said NFL senior vice president of broadcasting Howard Katz.

All NFL markets where there is a home game will receive three games -- the local team's home game at 1 p.m. ET or 4:15 p.m. ET and two games at the time that the home team is not playing.

For example, New York, where the Jets host Oakland at 1 p.m. ET, will see the Jets game at 1 on CBS and two games at 4:15 p.m. ET. Chicago, however, with the Bears playing at home against Green Bay in primetime will receive two 1 p.m. games and two 4:15 p.m. contests for a total of five games on Sunday.

For the Boston market, the games are as follows:

http://www.gribblenation.net/nflmaps/

CBS, 1:00 PM: NE @ TEN
CBS, 4:15 PM: MIA @ IND
Fox, 1:00 PM: DET @ DAL
Fox, 4:15 PM: SF @ DEN

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/9894684

For the Boston market, the games are as follows:

http://www.gribblenation.net/nflmaps/

CBS, 1:00 PM: NE @ TEN
CBS, 4:15 PM: MIA @ IND
Fox, 1:00 PM: DET @ DAL
Fox, 4:15 PM: SF @ DEN

We get to watch Cleo Lemon hand Indy the third seed. Fabulous. (With a name like Cleo Lemon, you automatically KNOW the guy is doomed to failure in the NFL. Saban is either delusional, or is intentionally sticking it to BB by tanking the game. I'd rather see Buffalo and Baltimore.)

Just get the NFL package on direct tv.

We get to watch Cleo Lemon hand Indy the third seed. Fabulous. (With a name like Cleo Lemon, you automatically KNOW the guy is doomed to failure in the NFL. Saban is either delusional, or is intentionally sticking it to BB by tanking the game. I'd rather see Buffalo and Baltimore.)
cleo_inside_031402.jpg

" I see a long afternoon for one of the teams..."

As for the 1:00 FOX game... Why is over half of the nation getting Lions-Cowboys while Panthers-Saints is a much more meaningful and compelling matchup?

As for the 1:00 FOX game... Why is over half of the nation getting Lions-Cowboys while Panthers-Saints is a much more meaningful and compelling matchup?

That's just one of those quirks that life (and the NFL) like to throw at you...;)

Cool, being in between markets over here in Wmass, and getting all the Boston Channels and some CT and NY ones, I could get between 5-6 games!!

I would have loved to see his uncle "Meadowlark" play QB though.:p

Wow....thanks Pats1......I saw the 4 games listed in the
Globe and I thought it was a mistake,we NEVER get a Dbl.Doubleheader.

BOOYAH.....NFL

I think the Saban rumourmill crap will be the bigger obstacle for Miami to put up a good game than Cleo Lemon. He hasn't played half bad for them in limited action and God knows they'll be able to run against the Colts.

Either way I'll be be a big Miami fan tomorrow afternoon for the first time in a long time.

Buff at Balt would be much more entertaining but the NFL is all about hype, that's why we get see Manning, again, and the supposedly nationally popular Cowboys, again. The local outlets often have choices on which game to pick - I wonder if they've ever thought to allow anyone with an actual interest in football as well the understanding of marketing numbers pick the games? Doesn't seem like it very often...

Buff at Balt would be much more entertaining but the NFL is all about hype, that's why we get see Manning, again, and the supposedly nationally popular Cowboys, again. The local outlets often have choices on which game to pick - I wonder if they've ever thought to allow anyone with an actual interest in football as well the understanding of marketing numbers pick the games? Doesn't seem like it very often...

I'll second that.

Great site, should be a FAQ or link at the top of the Forum to it during the regular season. Note that BOTH the CBS games shown in New England are telecast in HD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back