SOURCE:NBC Sports Boston

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: Jets
Sun
Sep 22nd
Right Now At PatsFans.com:
White Wash
It was a whitewash in Miami as the Patriots defense rocked the Dolphins and New England improved to 2-0 on the season.

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

Felger suspended

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by Tunescribe, Nov 10, 2017.

1. Off The Grid

Off The Grid Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +5,389
    ---
    I Have A Dream...Take a Bow, Brother King...

I have a dream that there will come a day when radio waves and television waves are suffused with the wisdom and insight of football players and football fanatics who truly understand the game ~ take a bow, Tony Romo!! ~ and are adept at communicating the intricacies of its fusion of War and Poetry to fans.

I have a dream that there will come a day when verminous, pestilential scum like Feltcher are cast down into the stench trenches whence they came.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Clonamery

Clonamery PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +12,917
    ---
    I think you meant, “futile” not feudal.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. TennisBallHead

TennisBallHead Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +1,796
    ---
    I'm still wondering if:

1) Mazz still doesn't trust the 2016 defense (said after the AFCCG)
    2) Felger still thinks the 2016 team doesn't "feel" like a championship team

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. CMH

CMH 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +1,180
    ---
    ???

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Koma

Koma In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +5,562
    ---
    Mazz is still concerned that the Yankees will catch the 2013 Red Sox for the AL East title.

• Funny Funny x 4
  6. Off The Grid

Off The Grid Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +5,389
    ---
    To those who're baffled by this post: When someone contrasts "feudal" with "modern", you can rest assured that it's not a Type O. :p

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. patfanken

patfanken PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +21,197
    ---
    A lot of mixed emotions about this one.

1. Not a fan of Felger's style in general, so in that sense I like the suspension
    2. Were his remarks in bad taste, absolutely. Was the point he was trying to get across wrong, I don't think so.

3. I don't like Felger's overly contrarian style of broadcasting, but I don't think he's a "bad guy". That's his schtick, and he's good at it. And until this case his schtick never hurt anyone. On the other hand I believe that Minihan IS a bad guy. So in that respect, I don't like the suspension because Minahan got to claim a victory he didn't earn.

4. I believe if Felger had held his tongue for a couple of weeks and THEN brought up this topic, then the blow back would have been much less, AND it would have been an interesting discussion. I mean think about it. When you have a family, how exactly do your responsibilities change when it comes to enjoying life?????

5. I think his comments on Earnhart were dead wrong. That was Earnhart's JOB. And it so happens that he worked in at a job where death was a possibility, and was well compensated for that risk. Everyone in his family knew this from the get go. Same goes for a fireman, cop, or soldier, or any other risky profession.

6. Any premature death is tragedy, some more than others, but a sorry day nonetheless. It will ALWAYS be painful to the family and friends of the deceased. By all accounts Halliday was more than a great pitcher, but a great person as well. Well respected by his peers both on and off the field. I am very sorry he died. It was tragedy to his friends and family. BUT - in the end, it was probably avoidable and self inflicted

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +21,322
    ---

Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
  9. robertweathers

robertweathers PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +70,527
    ---
    Fact.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Ivan

Ivan Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +23,750
    ---

I don buy this kind of thinking at all, by this logic people should pretty much dig a hole and cower in it. You can get killed doing anything and you can drop dead inexpectedly at any time, so do what you really enjoy while you have the chance. As far as I’m concerned all of my friends out hunting this weekend are putting themselves in as much danger as those skydiving or surfing. Does that mean people should be be careless and reckless when engaged in higher risk activities, absolutely not, but people shouldn’t live in constant fear, they should prepare properly to do the things they love and go out and do them. Felger is a douche sh and his comments on Halladay and “rooting for the wall” were ill informed and disgusting, however he shouldn’t have been suspended because that kind of take is exactly why these stations hire douchebags like Felger and Minhane.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. rochrist

rochrist Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7,510
    ---
    That drives me nuts, the way Mazz constantly out talks his lung capacity.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Fore2213

Fore2213 On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +175
    ---

13. patfanken

patfanken PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +21,197
    ---
    I don't disagree with anything you say. But I don't think that's what Felger was upset about. His point was that when you have a family you shouldn't do things like go rock climbing without a rope, or free dive to 200 feet, or buzz the water a month after you get your pilot's license. Those things that you often do BEFORE you have kids. Felger's presentation was (from what I hear) clearly in bad taste, and like I said, his Earnhart remarks were just wrong, but I do get the underlying point, that when you have a family you shouldn't unnecessarily put your life at risk, if not for your own sake, but for their's.

BTW- IMHO, when you equate Minahan and Felger, you are insulting Felger. ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Ivan

Ivan Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +23,750
    ---
    Anytime I can insult Felger I will gladly take it.

That said Ken we just disagree. I’m not suggesting anyone do stupid sh.t they aren’t qualified to do, and I have lost close friends who did just that, but taking educated risks is a part of enjoying life, and even if it costs your life raising your kids to know their limits but play as hard as possible is a good life lesson for anyone. Whether it’s motocross, rock climbing, big wave surfing, or skydiving there is inherent risk but also significant enjoyment, and people sometimes need those thrills to enjoy life more. It’s not for everyone but condemning those who choose to take chances is foolish imo because we simply may not wake up tomorrow, and I have lost a parent and friend’s that way as well. Felger’s “ he got what he deserved” take is puritanical garbage that makes little sense when examined fully, you might as well say that someone driving home from work deserved to get killed because everyone knows there are millions of idiots texting and driving on our roads, so they clearly aren’t safe.

I get your point Ken, I just disagree.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. AndyJohnson

AndyJohnson PatsFans.com Veteran PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29,508
    ---
    The real point is it’s none of Felger’s business how halladay chose to live his life.
    He has no place making these comments.
    No place whatsoever.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. brdmaverick

brdmaverick PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3,534
    ---
    As a sports radio personality it actually is his business to formulate opinions on both local and national stories pertaining to sports figures.

It's up to us to decide whether to give a (bleep) about his opinion.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. dafoe2016

dafoe2016 Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +1,498
    ---
    That would do nothing to hurt their product. If anything, it might help it. Felger is universally reviled in New England. I don't know what it is with the Boston media that they insist on trying to cram guys down people's throats that they can't stand. Ryan, Shaugnessy, Borges. All detested by the public. I run in the opposite direction when I see they are involved with anything. Whatever their ratings are, they would be better if they would give people what they actually want.

18. rochrist

rochrist Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7,510
    ---
    You say they're detested, yet Felger gets the highest ratings on sports radio. Whatever the reason, personally, I just think there a boatload of NE sports fans who are miserable ****s and aren't happy unless they can bitch about their teams. But in any case, he isn't being forced down anyone's throat. He's winning in a competitive marketplace, as disgusting as that is.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Tony2046

Tony2046 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +32,120
    ---
    Chances are that half the people who say they can't stand them listen to them. I agree they all suck but it isn't cramming them down our throats if we are still listening. If the ratings drop they make changes.

I wonder what the ratings on his apology show were. Probably one of his best shows this year. The whole thing was probably orchestrated at some level.

But yes I do agree that the guys you've mentioned do suck and would include Tangs ass as well.

20. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +31,239
    ---
    I'll bet in a previous life Tanguay was a circus ringmaster.

• Funny Funny x 2