PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Felger = Douche Bag

Status
Not open for further replies.
He didn't deserve an F but a C- is about all I could give him for that game.

Quarterback — F
You’re down four points late in the third quarter of a road playoff game. You’re facing third-and-goal from the 5-yard line. There are several things you can get away with. An incompletion gets you a chip-shot field goal. A sack also leaves you with a high-percentage kick and a one-point deficit. There is only one thing you absolutely, positively can’t do — and Tom Brady did it. His interception into the hands of Champ Bailey negated every other good thing Brady did in this game, even if that list wasn’t lengthy. The bottom line is that Brady is a class act and the best quarterback in the game. There’s no one you’d rather have, and the Pats wouldn’t have gotten to the playoffs without him. But you have to call that pass for what it was.
Pretty hard to argue with. Yeah, "F" is a little strong, but ...

Last edited:
That was a Drew Bledsoe-like play. He deserved the F. But somehow I think he'll improve his grade when he retakes the course. :D

Hey, I am a true blue Brady fan, but F is just about right.
If he throws that ball away, I like our chances at 10 - 9. He lost the game for us and well, choked at the worst possible time!

And it's not like he hasn't thrown balls up before. Remember last year's Miami game? I'd say that's the one thing he needs to work on... knowing when to hold 'em and when to fold 'em.

It's a tough call. That INT reminded me of Montana's INT against the Giants in 1986 (except Brady didn't get knocked out). Those Giants could do no wrong that day, and were in Montana's face all game. The Broncos were in Brady's face all day, and the Steelers were in Manning's face all day. See a theme there ? Why we went away from the same gameplan we had against Jacksonville, I'll never know. Plummer basically played without pressure. But why rehash old news.

He certainly didn't deserve an A or A-, I agree with a C-, or even D, even though he passed for an impressive 341 yards despite Broncos in his face all game, his first INT was the turning point of the game. Also his accuracy was pretty poor (see the afore mentioned pressure). All QB's seem human when they have guys hitting them all game, and in their faces all game, we are just used to Brady finding a way to beat that.

Look, as Patriot's fans, we are all spoiled somewhat, we expect Brady to win every playoff game he ever plays, but that can't happen, all of the greats lose. He didn't lose the game by himself, there were 3 other costly turnovers, and he tried his best to overcome the mistakes, but the whole team deserves a C- or D. Special teams deserves the F.

I wouldn't be too harsh on someone giving Brady an F, it's not too far off from the truth. But we all know what we have here in Brady, he is a Hall of Famer in the making who will be back strong next year.

Bottom line... what other QB would you take instead of Brady? Tom's the man.

oldrover said:
And it's not like he hasn't thrown balls up before. Remember last year's Miami game? I'd say that's the one thing he needs to work on... knowing when to hold 'em and when to fold 'em.

Don't forget the pick in the SB against the Panthers in the endzone. A TD there would have sealed the game.

That being said I still think he's the best in the business.

The only good thing about the Patriots losing is not having to listen to fricken Felger anymore with his, "see, I told you so!" attitude. He is DB!

Felger started off on the right track, then he veered off into his recent penchant for blaming it all on the one guy who even got them that far. Without him even a stunning off season for Belioli would not guarantee the same result next season even in a weak AFC (which Miami may render not quite as weak either).

If he graded the receivers and the running backs and that Oline on the same curve he assigns Brady that would be one thing. If his professors at BU graded him on the Brady curve he'd have flunked out and he wouldn't have had the opportunity to become a two faced talking head mediot.

"Tedy Bruschi summed it up beautifully late Saturday night, when a reporter asked if the Patriots still had the ability to be “competitive†next year.

Bruschi’s jaw dropped.

“Are you kidding me? Are you kidding me?†said Bruschi, repeating for emphasis. “Think about what you just asked me, man. Think about who we have in this locker room. Take that question and get out of my face.â€

Well done. The Patriots’ 27-13 defeat to the Broncos in the divisional playoffs did not signal the end of a championship era. If Bill Belichick and Scott Pioli can regain their personnel touch and add the right pieces this offseason, it will merely represent a blip. Even if Belichick and Pioli have a mediocre offseason, the Pats will remain the favorite in the AFC East.

But only because they have Brady numbskull.

The truth is that the Pats weren’t going to win it all this year. By faltering through the first two-thirds of the season, the Pats played themselves out of a first-round bye, which meant they had to be perfect come playoff time. And they weren’t equipped to be that. They went about as far as they had the right to."

And they only had a right to because again, they had Brady. Maybe if the Herald had writers in Brady's comparative league, your rag sheet wouldn't be on the verge of going under and you wouldn't be whoring yourself on the radio. Of course without Brady ESPN wouldn't even have known you exist.

I love these reports cards from guys that never played the game. I remember Mannix used to sign his "the Professor". Friggin useless piece of media trash.

The key with Brady is his toughness. Looking at Manning constantly turtle on the pressure coming his way was such an eye opener to me. He takes very little chances with the pressure coming his way.

Brady was the 3rd most hit QB this year. Amazing stat that he led the league in passing being hit/rushed that often. If he had just one more second or a second an a half to throw, he would just be unstoppable.

THE THROW, as I refer to it, was horrible on Brady's part, but was created by pressume coming straight at him. He tends to want to do too much and that was a classic example. IF that defender does not come straight up the middle then Brady has a clearer head and can consentrate on ONLY making the play and most likely he goes another way and puts the ball high in the back of the endzone away from the trouble. But Brady was not given that opportunity. Boomer broke it down perfectly on EEI this AM. Yeah, Brady is at fault, but his coverage on that play was nowhere! At least Brady did not call out his OL like some other QB!!!!!

Last edited:
That's because they have a mediocre running game.

The real screw up on that backbreaker was the false start on first and goal on the 5 yard line which forced 3 straight pass plays.

Bill's Girl said:
The only good thing about the Patriots losing is not having to listen to fricken Felger anymore with his, "see, I told you so!" attitude. He is DB!

Can someone please define for me what a "douche bag" actually is? Is there really such a thing? I believe it has something to do with feminine hygiene, but beyond that I'm mystified.

Tunescribe said:
Can someone please define for me what a "douche bag" actually is? Is there really such a thing? I believe it has something to do with feminine hygiene, but beyond that I'm mystified.

Easter morning, three years ago I had to use one. My dog got sprayed by a skunk the night before, and guess what is the best way to get skunk smell out of a dog - you got it a douche.

So Easter morning, 6am I'm in the femine hygeine aisle at the local CVS. Then I trek back home to clean the dog. The whole entire time I'm wrestling with him (100 lbs German Shepard) and he's trying to bite me.

And needless to say my wife got pictures of the entire episode.

Next time try Hydrogen Peroxide / Baking Soda / Liquid Dish Detergent (there are recipes all over the net for it). Kicks the snot out of douching your dog . Although the douche is better that lemon juice or tomato soup, the Peroxide-Baking Soda is killer. Trust me, I've got a Shar Pei / Pitbull mix who absolutely adores the black and white striped kitties. (We're up to 14 sprayings now for her)

Um, the turn that this thread took is so f-ing hilarious I actually can't believe it went that way. Awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back